I Scream Clone

Nocturnus Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Yeah...so much for my building sunday. I've spent all week rebuilding stuff from my move and then building TLG stuff. It did inspire me to modify some of the buildings into the buildings of Scarborough, but I don't think I'll have anything major to post until next weekend.

If things go well, I will be sending a squad to the phantom legion. I just have to wait for their pants to come back from the laundry. If things go well, I'll post that tomorow night.

Does anyone have good tips for modifying/improving lego buildings? So far my ideas include Color swaps, mirror images and extra floors. (Completing walls doesn't count as an idea, it counts as common sense.)

As promised, here is my squad for the phantom legion

phantom04.jpg

Bulders notes: Alien trooper heads, Various torsos, Arms from Atlantis divers, legs from CMF alien. Bracelets are LOTR rings, and the swords are also from LOTR. The Skuttlenips are an alien clinger (Obviously) with a head from the Atlantis Hammerhead shark Man inside.

Finally got around to finish editing the photos, so that I could publish the MOCS/Mods I announced earlier:

Nocturnian Airforce

Drake-Catapult

Next I'm going to try to get something built for Challenge V, in the faint hope of being able to meet the deadline :look:

Abu Dun, Great job on those dragons! They really scream nocturnus.....actually they scream AAAAARRRGGGHHH! but you know what I mean.

If nocturnus had a moto, it would probably be, when life gives you monsters, enslave the monsters and make them fight your enemies. That's what your creations seem to epitomize.

It's probably more the enemies that would be screaming Aaaargh, while the dragons would scream something more akin to Roaar :head_back:

But I get what you mean and certainly agree. I wonder if there is even one nocturnian army that doesn't employ different beasts or demi-humans of some kind to boost their strength. Given that humans are the minority in that region, it does make sense though to have much more diversified armies than, say, Mitgardia.

Also, a lovely addition to the Phantom Legion, running into these certainly won't end well for oneself :purrr:

Take notice that Angeli is writing from a girly profile :-)So much for the Drow power, they don't look so intimidating in skirts ;-) that being said, he asked me to transfer this message:

Angeli said:

"My dear Historica(l) friends:)

I've got permission to post my challenge V entry ;) it will not be eligible for prizes, but it will contribute to the power of my guild. As long as there is one Drow breathing, the world will not be safe! ...ok, we could have come more diplomatic, saying: We will conquer you to bring you your freedom from your oppressing guild leaders :)

In any case, I am proud to present to you: Netheril ;) Set is staged, I am just waiting for sunlight to take some pictures; I will post just a few, as I will be late for work :) Just to make entry before final notice ;)

One thing is important: everything you are going to see is on 52x52 base, spread over 2704 studs. And even more important, every layer of bricks is less then 2704 studs, including bridges, trees, even waterfall splashes

Even though you will not see any Drow on the main picture, I will take one later, showing Drow in a cave behind the waterfall, painting ancient white celestial tiles in red :)

I've also made a Drow tower for the scene, but it can not "fit" into 52x52 base, that I've already stretch ;)

Until I post Netheril, here is that tower - bridge is unfinished because bridges go at the end, and this is only template, so I can build around

I've missed you guys ;)

On the other hand, truth be told, I've manage to do a TON of job this past last month ;)

Btw, prize winners, please inform me trough Ivana's profile (Gilence) or trough my flickr profile when your prizes arrive, and if you are happy with them;) You will notice that, for the most of you, I've packed something extra ;) Just a little, but enough to make you smile (there has to be a balance in the universe, because you will not be so happy when the Drow conquer the whole world, spreading their webs trough green forest of Avalonia, that will be first to go ;)

I've also made a all-trans-clear castle named Icewind Dale, but I will present it to you once (if) my ban is lifted :)

Tower ;) Notice Arch-angel in his battle gear ;)

const-08.jpg

const-07.jpg

const-13.jpg

Nice to see at least two entries being made for our guild. Sadly, I realized that with the parts I have at hand (which, actually, is only a fraction of my actual collection), getting the idea I had for my entry done has proven to be virtually impossible due to lack of bricks :cry_sad:

@Dr. Rod:

That teaser is looking really good and I'll be sure to check it out as soon as possible.

@Gilence/Angeli:

It's nice to hear something new from you and I'm looking forward to watching at Netheril. From the few pictures you've already uploaded I can already tell that your take on Icewind Dale is gorgeous and probably your most delicate build as of yet :thumbup:

You are missed too Angeli. Hopefully the nocturnus ambassador will be released soon, to return with his livelyhood..eh I mean death, torture and oppression to the forums ;-)

Edited by Balthasar

Angeli said:

"Do not worry, I am here, lurking and plotting in the shadows ;) I just do not voice myself as I used to, regarding that the whole point of the banishment is just that, except in special occasions, like this one ;)

and talking about the special occasion, here is my entry for the challenge V: Netheril

6t.jpg

The tread with more pictures can be found here

Is it possible for me to still join?

Of course it is ok to join, check the first page of this topic to see what tasks you need to do to start out in Nocturnus.

A nice creation Dr Rod, very dark and appropriate for the Drow caverns. Gilence, Angeli's build is impressive to say the least, his style has progressed now that he has incorporated new curve techniques and colours.

Abu Dun, your dragon is really nice, great job.

Jareth, Your silo cottage has some great round build techniques. Some moe substantial lighting or a plane wall behind will help lift the presentation when photographing too.

Keep it up Nocturnians!

@ISC:

Many thanks, someday I hope to improve them a bit, since there are a few things I wasn't quite pleased with but couldn't come up with a more feasable solution.

That aside, I've managed to get another freebuild done, further detailing the daily life outside of war:

Inspecting the latest nursery

Also, if anybody wants to help me sort this, be my guest :grin::

8208566131_4dda368450.jpg

Afterwards, it should look something like this, at least temporarily and neatly stored away:

8208566623_6c71e9d4b1.jpg

Also, if anybody wants to help me sort this, be my guest :grin::

I'd be happy to help you sort if you'll pay my airfare to Germany and put me up! Oh, by the way, I'll have to bring the whole family along...

At the place where that collection is located (my home village), I know a couple vacation homes large enough to fit your family. And when you're not sorting, I'm sure you'd enjoy the region as well :sweet:

Only, the airfare may prove to be too steep for all of you :blush:

Oh well, looks like it'll take a looong time before I finally have everything sorted, but at least I'm making a bit of progress :laugh:

Edited by Abu Dun

So, I took updated pictures of the Silo cottage (Not uploaded yet) Should I start a new topic, or "bump" the old topic, or just update the old post and hope someone else bumps it?

In other news, I plan on using the month of december for a nocturnus advent callendar. A new small build every day for 25 days.

So, I took updated pictures of the Silo cottage (Not uploaded yet) Should I start a new topic, or "bump" the old topic, or just update the old post and hope someone else bumps it?

Just go ahead and update the old post, tell your fellow nocturnians about it, and I'll bump it for you (since after all, it will be a new disscution right?) I know, I hate bumping my own topics as well!

Just go ahead and update the old post, tell your fellow nocturnians about it, and I'll bump it for you (since after all, it will be a new disscution right?) I know, I hate bumping my own topics as well!

Thanks! I'll do that...tomorrow....I resized all my pics and forgot to bring them to the library.

ARGH!

Damn you Skyrim!!! :)

Dragonborn DLC? Yeah, it's got me too. That game is still captivating.

Challenge 6 has been announced and I am up for it!!

I was planning on spending a couple of months doing some building for Nocturnus so I like the long 3 month build period!!

Dr Rod