Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

I love it how twenty year-old Arthur has started calling people 'lad', which is condescending at the best of times, and made even worse by the fact that the crewmember is probably the same age as him. :poke:

Any chance that we could see this?

Well De'kra is eleven, though his birthday is coming up.

Well it isn't Heroica based so I can't put it here, I just was excited and needed to declare my relief somewhere. But after my sister has reviewed it, I might put it up somewhere.

Loot distribution is hard. Fortunately, I've taken a leaf out of WBD's book (I think he's the one that said it) and started an Excel sheet for loot. De'kra's still coming out a bit ahead even after this battle thanks to that handcannon he got before and his Gold Reaping, but I still feel bad that he's only getting one thing out of this battle (well, two if you count the Blunt Dagger, but that's only 5 Gold). Sorry, pal! :blush:

It's fine, he won't accept the bombs anyway.

Firstly, deepest, deepest apologies to Scuba and also to my fellow questmates in The Strivvian Job. My extended absence was entirely unintended and unfortunately unpredictable. All I can say is sorry, and if I'd been able to give you warning or updates I would have done.

I am very sorry, but I have no choice. I am putting Quest 40 on hold. Due to some personal stuff I just can't bring to an end in a reasonable amount of time. The heroes can return to the hall and sign up for any other quest. When I can, I will continue with Quest 40, probably in a few months time, When that happens, I invite each of the six heroes back. Again, I am very, very sorry. But I don't see another option that would be fair to the heroes.

I've been thoroughly enjoying this quest, both due to your hosting and the other questers, and once more I can only apologise for my lack of participation. Nyx would be raring to go to complete her story with Strivvi, and greatly looking forward to teaming up with the others again, if you'll have her back. Real life can be severely inconvenient and inconsiderate sometimes, so please don't feel bad at all for putting your quest on hold, and thank you for being so frank with us. I have no doubt that your quest will be worth the wait. :sweet:

I wonder if anyone will ever marry Poletad.

I'm sure Nyx would be willing to kiss him in case he turns into a handsome prince (or even just anyway, she really likes the "brave little frog"), even though she probably doesn't realise that the last thing she wants is a handsome prince. Marry...? I'm not sure Nyx is the marrying type. :look:

As for Boomingham... who knows. He's much older than most other heroes, and he did have a wife already who hurt him pretty badly. Nyx indicated sort of feelings towards him for a while at the beginning of 40, but Pandora has been sort of MIA here, and Nyx and XX are the couple I'm hoping for. Boomingham views Nyx as a daughter much more than anything else, but I was still excited to see where that dynamic went.

Nyx's feelings for Boomingham are complicated, but it's a wonderful journey to see how their friendship evolves, especially as they started off on such bad terms. She's grown to respect him, and her respect is not given lightly, and cares for him as if he were a mentor of some sort (even though they have wildly different skill-sets). I think she sees him as a father-type figure, but wouldn't be afraid of trying to use her womanly wiles on him to get what she wanted should the need arise. It's a dysfunctional friendship, yet it is my hands-down favourite of Nyx's.

As to XX, Nyx has yet to admit to herself that they're more alike than she thinks and that she likes him a lot more than she thinks, too. She definitely has feelings for him and the incident when he saved her life had a major impact on her (no pun intended); I would agree that Nyx and XX are the couple I'm hoping for too. :grin:

steak.jpgSteak (WP:1, instantly kills vampires, suitable for all classes)

:snicker:

:snicker:

I know right !!

Just saying... Sarge has got to meet Boomingham. Judging from hos last post in the hall, sarge could make some pretty sweet roleplaying! Of course, Sarge pulls of being a jerk, whilst still being a jerk! Lol theatre

Just wondering.. What would the other heroes think of sarge should they meet?

Edited by Skyrimguy

"Let's just hope that Master Emorith can keep the party healthy."

Or hope you can make the rabbits flee asap.

steak.jpgSteak (WP:1, instantly kills vampires, suitable for all classes)

Where was this in Quest 28?! Or Quest 34?! :tongue:

It just proves that it pays off to be in my quest :tongue:

Of course, I'm sure that future vampires will be careful to take protective measures against steaks... I mean stakes... whatever :tongue:

Edited by Flare

I have to say, I really appreciate all the different varieties of Venom that are starting to appear. It adds an extra element of strategy to picking which one you want to use, which is always nice.

OK, so now that the battle is over, Pie, what exactly would have happened if De'kra had gotten a Sudden Death on the Spiders-in-a-Barrel? :grin:

OK, so now that the battle is over, Pie, what exactly would have happened if De'kra had gotten a Sudden Death on the Spiders-in-a-Barrel? :grin:

The barrel dies, but one of every spider is spawned. :devil_laugh:

On another note, I knew I should've added the poisoned effect to Splinter. You guys are lucky you have a low level Mage with you or these enemies would be a lot worse. :tongue:

Edited by CallMePie

Firstly, deepest, deepest apologies to Scuba and also to my fellow questmates in The Strivvian Job. My extended absence was entirely unintended and unfortunately unpredictable. All I can say is sorry, and if I'd been able to give you warning or updates I would have done.

I've been thoroughly enjoying this quest, both due to your hosting and the other questers, and once more I can only apologise for my lack of participation. Nyx would be raring to go to complete her story with Strivvi, and greatly looking forward to teaming up with the others again, if you'll have her back. Real life can be severely inconvenient and inconsiderate sometimes, so please don't feel bad at all for putting your quest on hold, and thank you for being so frank with us. I have no doubt that your quest will be worth the wait. :sweet:

Thank you! When, it's when, not if, I will have everything sorted and good, and it's no problem at all, it happens, as I know. Hehe.

Total. BS. Rolls.

Total. BS. Rolls.

I want whatever dice you're using Rumble Strike, I need a harder fight for my Questies. :laugh:

No kidding. Looks like the party'll have to focus all their fire on Corlo this round to avoid failing the Quest.

No kidding. Looks like the party'll have to focus all their fire on Corlo this round to avoid failing the Quest.

Keep in mind a single hit from Guts will damage any of the enemies of 192 Damage. :wink:

That is, assuming Guts can land a hit.

I want whatever dice you're using Rumble Strike, I need a harder fight for my Questies. :laugh:

Hey, you almost took out Thalion, and that was a 10+-round fight. Plus I'm low on Ether, and with this only being the second fight so far, I know that'll come back to bite me later. It could have gone a LOT worse for us. :wink:

On the plus side, my choice to take an Opal as my first gem FINALLY paid off. :laugh:

Keep in mind a single hit from Guts will damage any of the enemies of 192 Damage. :wink:

That is, assuming Guts can land a hit.

96; he lost his effects from being KO'd. :sceptic:

How does the steak actually work, Flare? It instantly kills vampires on a hit roll, or it just instantly kills vampires as soon as the fight begins? :devil_laugh:

Edited by Palathadric

You don't lose your effects from being ko'ed.

Unfortunately for our party, yes you do.

Unfortunately for our party, yes you do.

I checked, I can't find that anywhere. Consumables say: 1 battle, so I assume they are correct...

But whatever, Guts has like a thousand consumables, so it's fine.

I checked, I can't find that anywhere. Consumables say: 1 battle, so I assume they are correct...

But whatever, Guts has like a thousand consumables, so it's fine.

Yeah, I checked as well and couldn't find it. But I'm pretty sure of it, every battle I've seen has used that rule. Maybe it's just something that's accidentally has been left out in the rules.

I think all effects, positive and negative, are lost when KO'd, though it doesn't actually say so anywhere in the rules.

I think all effects, positive and negative, are lost when KO'd, though it doesn't actually say so anywhere in the rules.

That's the way I've been playing it from the start, at least. Only the permanent effects given by equipment stick.

I'll add it to the FAQ, for the sake of clarification.