CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Buying a minifigure on eBay for twice the price of the set's retail to buy it early isn't worth it if you ask me. And for the set? Heck no. I can wait.

Somebody has bought one of the £300 arkham sets to just get it 2 months early, ridiculous for that price

I agree with Faefrost. I would definitely stay away from those figs. One way or another they're on eBay under not good circumstances. Whether they were early previews for retailers(which most likely they signed some kind of agreement to no sell, I imagine), or they were pocketed by not so good employees. Whatever it was.

Kez, interesting indeed. Like I said, I have heard of mistakes were sets were sold months before they were supposed to be released, 10228 Haunted House, but that eBay auction could be a number of things. 1. scam, 2. a kind of pre order(they sell a "ticket" to get the set once once it's available. I don't get why people would do this, but ok), or 3. seller does in fact have the set.

That guys got another 2 asylum sets, if you buy it now for £299.99 you get free delivery by Monday 26th November so this is not a preorder, I can wait for 2 months though (I must resist temptation though) :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-BATMAN-ARKHAM-ASYLUM-BREAKOUT-10937-NEW-DC-AWESOME-/ I have broken up the link to this item because this is for a preorder because someone over on brickset asked him about the listing and the seller claims he put this is a preorder

Edited by Kez

I think Lego should shut down these early Ebay sales. Other companies do when they have items that get leaked out early. Plus, retail stores like TRU have deals in place with Lego to get the sets early and while these Ebay auctions don't really hit TRU that hard in their pocketbooks, there's still the principle of the issue.

Its hard for Lego to shut down the ebayers. First they have to prove they got the sets ilegally, then they have to contact the seller to cease. They have to do all of this by guess work as ebay does not disclose the customers details with police involvement, as it would be a breech of data protection for ebay to disclose information of the seller. As selling Lego before a release date is no way illegal.

Back on subject, i cannot wait for Arkham it will be an awesome set to build and put next to my original! Not going to buy the The Dark Knight Rises set as they look too small and rushed together. But i will buy James Gordon

Its hard for Lego to shut down the ebayers. First they have to prove they got the sets ilegally, then they have to contact the seller to cease. They have to do all of this by guess work as ebay does not disclose the customers details with police involvement, as it would be a breech of data protection for ebay to disclose information of the seller. As selling Lego before a release date is no way illegal.

Not quite, I've seen lots of auctions coming out of China and such that get shut down for releasing various collectibles early. The issue isn't whether the seller got the item illegally, it's whether selling them early breaches a contract that Lego has in place. For example, if Lego told TRU that they'd be the first one to offer a given set and then that set pops-up on Ebay weeks before, then Lego falls thru on their contract with TRU. Yes, proving how the seller acquired the item would be nearly impossible, but proving whether or not the set or item should be out in the first place is not.

Then there's the concept of counterfeit items, which Lego has every right to pursue and shut down. Especially, if their own employees at the factory-level are moving the items out. At that point, Lego could start shutting down and moving/changing factories.

Does anyone know if these will be released before Christmas? I gotta start planning my wish lists for the Holidays! ;P

Winter waves usually come out just before Christmas, though there's no guarantee they'll hit all areas before then.

Does anyone know if these will be released before Christmas? I gotta start planning my wish lists for the Holidays! ;P

The Hobbit sets go on LEGO.com on November 27th, so I'm guessing that the Super Heroes sets along with other themes will come out afterwards.

All these eBay sales - I hope we're not seeing a whole load of knock-off Lego. Bricklink and eBay are essential sources for collectors and the integrity of that market is vital. I don't want to think I need to have each item I by checked for authenticity...

Hard to say. I remember this time last year I had all the Pharaohs Quest line. I remember seeing Atlantis as well. I would say your chances are good of getting them for Christmas, both Hobbit and (some)Galaxy Squad sets have been spotted in Canada. I'd say just put what SH sets you want and make a note that they could be out.

I have broken up the link to that sellers listing about the arkham asylum 2013 set, Redbullgivesuwind from brickset has asked the seller a question about the item and he claims that he says he put preorder for January here is what Redbullgivesuwind told me:

Redbullgivesuwind

8:51AM

@Kez ive asked a question to see if he has it. If he says yes Ill go have a look.

Redbullgivesuwind

9:02AM

@Kez claims he put in the listing that it will ship Jan 1st. I didnt see that. Smelling a rat :-D

I have broken up the link to that sellers listing about the arkham asylum 2013 set, Redbullgivesuwind from brickset has asked the seller a question about the item and he claims that he says he put preorder for January here is what Redbullgivesuwind told me:

Redbullgivesuwind

8:51AM

@Kez ive asked a question to see if he has it. If he says yes Ill go have a look.

Redbullgivesuwind

9:02AM

@Kez claims he put in the listing that it will ship Jan 1st. I didnt see that. Smelling a rat :-D

Eh, that's what I thought it was. I still don't understand why people would do this(buying like this). Is it really so much trouble to call/go online and order this set yourself, all the while not spending nearly the same amount... Some people are so strange. Paying double just to get someone else to make the order for you...

When are all the superhero sets coming out? January or late December?

Thank you.

In theory, January. However, last year's started showing up in stores in very late December - after Christmas I believe.

In theory, January. However, last year's started showing up in stores in very late December - after Christmas I believe.

I had all of the sets byChristmas last year. They were on LEGO.com before Christmas, at least on the U.S. site.

Eh, that's what I thought it was. I still don't understand why people would do this(buying like this). Is it really so much trouble to call/go online and order this set yourself, all the while not spending nearly the same amount... Some people are so strange. Paying double just to get someone else to make the order for you...

This may just be me being paranoid, but that whole arrangement just reeks of a really high potential for a drop ship scam.

Thank you @Drock.

I'm so excited for these sets I just can't wait

Wonder when we will here about the sixth set? Couple week before the release, like the Dynamic Dou, which we didn't know about til then?

I hope it's a Spidey set with the Green Goblin!

Wonder when we will here about the sixth set? Couple week before the release, like the Dynamic Dou, which we didn't know about til then?

I hope it's a Spidey set with the Green Goblin!

I would much rather wait and see with Goblin. He was cool in Ultimate Spider-man but I really don't want another Spider-man set in the winter wave. I could easily wait a year and get a set based around some of the second season with him in. Otherwise we will only get a set based around the Helicarrier with him. Plus we already have a Goblin from 2001 so I would rather get a new character before another goblin. I would much rather see a X-men or some other Marvel Property. After all LEGO paid for these Licences from DC and Marvel. At the moment it just seems that its only Batman and Spider-man/ Avengers. I know we're getting Super-man sets in the summer, but theirs a lack of variety in the themes of sets.

Like or not it will most likely be a Spidey set. It doesn't have to be aboard the carrier as the sets are so far loosely based. It could be a midtown high or any other place he had a showdown with Goblin. I also love his TV depiction , it has a lot of his Ultimate comic in it, plus some originality, like the armour and using a bomb glove and glider.