LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

A Necessary Bond was pretty good, my favorite part was definitely the repainted Slave 1. I can't wait to see when Boba gets that back! Overall this arc was alright, slightly disappointing but still good.

That episode was easily the best of the baby-jedi arc. A lot of action including a good lightsaber fight with Grevious (what happened to his hidden blaster?) and a nice spaceship chase/crash.

Sadly though I haven't seen anything in this season yet to rival Series 4 which really stood out for me after the disappointment of Series 3.

I know it sounds harsh but I'm glad this episode arc is over. I enjoyed it, but I think it could have easily been put into 3 episodes max. It's a bit frustrating when all the trailers advertise the return of Maul and so far he's been in one episode and got his legs shot of. You would think that someone who lost his legs once would take care of his new ones.

But there has certainly been an absence of clones and I really miss the episodes that focused around other Jedi. By the way it's painted out here Anakin and Obi Wan are winning this war single handedly.

Finally that story arc is over. I feel like some of them never end. :laugh:

Was that the Slave I Hondo was flying?

Yes. I think Aurra Sing "let" it there in a previous episode.

I know how you feel. :enough: And yes, it was. Hondo has been rebuilding and repainting it after Aura Sing crashed it near his base at the end of Season Two. So it is Hondo who we have to thank for that Boba is driving the ship that we all know and love in the OT. Just another thing that makes him awesome. :classic:

New Preview :)

:facepalm: I'm going to hate this episode, aren't I?

:facepalm: I'm going to hate this episode, aren't I?

You probably will :) For me, the arc was fine, and I'm looking forward for the "droid episode/arc", which probably will be better than the "droid" episodes in season 4.

I have to admit that I'd like to see some more clone action. On the other hand, Filoni made clear that TCW will very likely end after season 6, so to me, every episode of this season is part of a long "good bye" tour of tcw. I'm pretty curious about the next episode. Whatever kind of humor they are bringing in, it can't be worse than C-3PO in ATOC (arena) or Jar Jar in the final battle of EP I.

Hondo has been rebuilding and repainting it after Aura Sing crashed it near his base at the end of Season Two. So it is Hondo who we have to thank for that Boba is driving the ship that we all know and love in the OT. Just another thing that makes him awesome. :classic:

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I completely forgot about that episode!

And yeah Hondo is pretty awesome. :laugh:

Haven't been reading or active in this season's thread, but I have been watching the show. Just thought I'd drop in with a question in my mind: is this season heaps better than the others, or is it just that I haven't been reading this thread, that's made me enjoy the show so far? (I know it hasn't been perfect, of course.)

Haven't been reading or active in this season's thread, but I have been watching the show. Just thought I'd drop in with a question in my mind: is this season heaps better than the others, or is it just that I haven't been reading this thread, that's made me enjoy the show so far? (I know it hasn't been perfect, of course.)

Not so much, currently. I think it's one of the worst seasons :sceptic: I'm just waiting for the Darth Maul & Death Watch arc like everyone else.

Not so much, currently. I think it's one of the worst seasons :sceptic: I'm just waiting for the Darth Maul & Death Watch arc like everyone else.

Personally, I wouldn't really call it the worst season. It is different to the degree that until now, it basically featured Ahsoka and no other main character (I don't count the season premiere in). And it is different because it started with two long arcs, each featuring four episodes. In season 1 to 3, we didn't have such long arcs.

So far, I liked the arcs. The end of the first one, seeing the death of the female rebel, was a surprise to me. The end of the second one, Obi Wan, Ahsoka and the younglings performing some kind of Jedi ritual, was pretty heart-warming. The point is that for the Jedi in the series, these younglings are some kind of a promise for a better future, some kind of hope. For me as part of the audience, it's rather a glimpse of the past: they can perform whatever kind of lightsabre mojo; they'll be dead by the end of ROTS. The Jedi Order will be destroyed. No more younglings. No more activation of the magical crystal cave mechanism. It ends all there.

Edited by Brickadeer

I just watched the last 4 episodes. Overall a okayish arc. The younglings got a bit greeting at times, with the silly baby names, and the voices. What would have improved the pirate boarding is if Ahsoka had have killed some pirates, as a contrast between the ideal Jedi stuff Yoda mentioned in the first episode, and the Jedi of the war.

Nice to see Grievous in action without been killed by gungans. Also the move where he grapes Ahsoka's head in is foot and throws her over his head, straight from the original CW cartoon.

The two main younglings really annoyed me though, I kept imagining Anakin/Vader chopping them into little bits in just under 1 years time.

Edited by Mr Man

Our review of A Necessary Bond has been posted! As I said in the review, I'm curious to see how Boba will get his ship back, but I'm even more curious as to how he will get his Mandalorian armor. Perhaps from Death Watch?

And to answer Doc's question, I don't think the Yoda's backstory rule was broken. Huyang merely said that it was "eventful" how he got his lightsaber, but since this is Yoda we're talking about, that's no surprise. And since Huyang said that he helped every Jedi assemble their lightsaber, it already implies that Yoda was one of them. So I think it's vague enough not to break the rule.

You probably will :) For me, the arc was fine, and I'm looking forward for the "droid episode/arc", which probably will be better than the "droid" episodes in season 4.

I have to admit that I'd like to see some more clone action. On the other hand, Filoni made clear that TCW will very likely end after season 6, so to me, every episode of this season is part of a long "good bye" tour of tcw.

I think it's just one episode (thank the maker!), and while I would have agreed with you before seeing the preview, now I think I'd prefer watching R2 and 3PO's weird adventures than a pit droid following a loud, jumping slug into a crucial military mission. :sceptic:

Where was it said that Season Six would be the last? I thought this show would still go on for a while. :look:

Well, to be fair, the show is indeed improving in some aspects, such as the fluidity of lightsaber fights and cutting down on pointlessly introducing new characters and vehicles, but the plots are getting worse and worse. Season 1 is still the best in my opinion as it featured episodes that showed what the Clone Wars is really all about: Clones, Jedi, and Sith, and the battle between them. Ever since, the show has been trying way too hard to do something different, taking the focus away from the Clone Wars and focusing more on civil wars and personal issues. This would be fine if at least half the show was still about the Clone Wars, but it isn't. In fact, the only story arc in the last season that seemed to directly deal with the Clone Wars was the Umbara arc and the Mon Cal arc. That's how I see it anyway.

So to answer your question, no, this is definitely not the best season as we are almost halfway through and have yet to see anything of the actual Clone Wars (that stupid B-plot in the last episode doesn't count), but if you're enjoying it anyway, good for you I guess. :shrug_oh_well:

lol the pit droid running into the wall in the preview.

Thank you for this deep and insightful comment. :sarcasm:

Our review of A Necessary Bond has been posted! As I said in the review, I'm curious to see how Boba will get his ship back, but I'm even more curious as to how he will get his Mandalorian armor. Perhaps from Death Watch?

And to answer Doc's question, I don't think the Yoda's backstory rule was broken. Huyang merely said that it was "eventful" how he got his lightsaber, but since this is Yoda we're talking about, that's no surprise. And since Huyang said that he helped every Jedi assemble their lightsaber, it already implies that Yoda was one of them. So I think it's vague enough not to break the rule.

I think it's just one episode (thank the maker!), and while I would have agreed with you before seeing the preview, now I think I'd prefer watching R2 and 3PO's weird adventures than a pit droid following a loud, jumping slug into a crucial military mission. :sceptic:

Nice review! It was a fun read.

Also, the droid arc will not be one episode, it's apparently going to be 4 again. But the clone commando's coming in midway through the arc so that will make it interesting.

Nice review! It was a fun read.

Also, the droid arc will not be one episode, it's apparently going to be 4 again. But the clone commando's coming in midway through the arc so that will make it interesting.

Thanks! We're glad you enjoyed it.

Really? Where did you hear that? As far as I know, only the episode after that is known, which is called "A Sunny Day in the Void" and is supposed to be "really abstract", so it doesn't sound like part of this arc. :look:

He didn't say it explicitly. He said, "Because I don't know how long we're going to go, but I say well six [seasons], six is a pretty good number."

I hope for 7 seasons, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I see... but that interview is over a year old now, so that might not be his plan anymore. He certainly didn't keep his word about not jumping around the timeline anymore. :hmpf_bad:

Not that I'm complaining. If this season is any indication, they are running out of ideas for good stories, so I guess it's better if they stop after Season 6. :sadnew:

Thanks! We're glad you enjoyed it.

Really? Where did you hear that? As far as I know, only the episode after that is known, which is called "The Void" and is supposed to be "really abstract", so it doesn't sound like part of this arc. :look:

I think Dave Filoni said it sometime during Celebration VI. Also, we saw a preview a few months ago that showed the clone commando providing cover for the group of droids from the Separatists on some planet (Possibly the Void). And we got titles for what I think are those episode, which are:

"Secret Weapons"

"A Sunny Day in the Void"

"Missing in Action"

"Point of no Return"

I forgot where exactly it was confirmed, but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere. :classic:

A four part arc about those droids?

I can't help but already feel disappointed. Maybe it could still be a good story arc, but I doubt it.

Oh you guys remember that preview with the commando? It was with that pit droid for sure, that might spice this up a bit...

Oh you guys remember that preview with the commando? It was with that pit droid for sure, that might spice this up a bit...

The Commando, called "Gregor", won't show up in the first episode though. He'll only appear in the second episode of this arc at the earliest.