CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

What everyone is calling the motorbike mechanic, or his legs and torso, are Rex Fury's from the Lego City Undercover game.

WOW, thanks to everyone for having a play and putting some figures together and showing us the images.

Some will be a no brainer, like the Bumble Bee girl, but others are still speculation as Jargo pointed out.

This could be an expensive series for me, as I will want multiples of Roman Commander :wub: , Warrior Woman, Tomahawk Warrior, and Revolution Soldier.

I woudnt mind a few bike mechanics just for some of those tools which will hopefully be included, and the Skydiver is pretty cool too.

• Medusa - Highly disappointed, so we will see the final outcome. I was expecting something different for some reason.

I'm disappointed in the legs, but I think that was just chosen by whoever assembled the image in the other thread... when I saw the head, 'hair', and torso, I assumed the legs would actually be one of the Ninjago snake-tail lower-body pieces, with a bit of new deco probably. I like her head & torso well enough to add variety to Troll females at the very least.

I'm disappointed in the legs, but I think that was just chosen by whoever assembled the image in the other thread...

I made the Medusa fig with "genie leg". I didn't find the Ninjago snake "leg" in brickset, but I guess it would be too bulky to fit in the bag (I remember someone tested it in some topic). Note: I recolored the genie leg, there is no such part in sand green.

medusa_1.jpg

Actually, the original Medusa from the mythology did not have a snake tail, just the snakelicious hair. There were other female monsters in Greek mythology with serpent tails, though, such as Echidna and Lamia.

Actually, the original Medusa from the mythology did not have a snake tail, just the snakelicious hair. There were other female monsters in Greek mythology with serpent tails, though, such as Echidna and Lamia.

The original Medusa also didn't have Lego-compatible parts!

Ray Harrhausen created Medusa with a Snake tail for 1982's Clash of the Titans. It's an incredible design and concept, hence the reason many of us want her with snake-legs. Hopefully we'll get an updated version with a future Monster Fighter-esqe set! (Compare the CMF Werewolf to the MF version. Yep, there's plenty of precedent!)

I think Medusa would look better with her hair in a different color, and I'm pretty sure she's going to have some sort of long ripped skirt cloth (kinda...)

Personally, I don't really like Medusa with those plain legs, but I definitely don't like her with the Genie tail either! I hope she comes with some accessories, besides her snake hairpiece.

Personally, I don't really like Medusa with those plain legs, but I definitely don't like her with the Genie tail either! I hope she comes with some accessories, besides her snake hairpiece.

I agree I hate the genie tail. But I have no idea what it can be re-used for!!

Nerdgirl.jpg

Is that a Librarian? But why she has two flasks? If this girl is a Librarian she supposed to have a book and a dress.

Maybe she's on Series 11, not Series 10.

And I think the Toy Soldier will be on Series 10.

The Tin Soldier's my favorite, so I'm bummed he might be in the book only. Which means he won't be out until May, and no multiples! :cry3:

I think he's not in the book only, maybe he will be replace the Librarian as well. Or the Librarian will be the exclusive minifigure.

Edited by JeagerEX

Nerdgirl.jpg

Is that a Librarian? But why she has two flasks? If this girl is a Librarian she supposed to have a book and a dress.

Maybe she's on Series 11, not Series 10.

I think those two flasks are supposed to be for the scientist in series 11 and the girl really is a librarian. Cause the clothing doesnt match the flasks. it reads more librarian.

I think those two flasks are supposed to be for the scientist in series 11 and the girl really is a librarian. Cause the clothing doesnt match the flasks. it reads more librarian.

Yeah someone has already figured out that those flasks don't belong with the librarian.

One or both flask/s go with Dr. Splitz in series 9.

That flask was actually purple... :wink:

The purple tint on the Splitz image is more likely a printing over saturation. That one looks more like it's supposed to be trans clear with some shading to give it shape and depth. There again we don't know how many flasks he'll have. one, two, three........ It's all moot.

The purple tint on the Splitz image is more likely a printing over saturation. That one looks more like it's supposed to be trans clear with some shading to give it shape and depth. There again we don't know how many flasks he'll have. one, two, three........ It's all moot.

But there's also a scientist in S11, and Aanachir said that the flasks were a higher number than most of the other parts, so would it really make sense for them to come from a lower release? :sceptic:

Maybe, but I certainly don't think he will come with three.

Probably at least one goes with the scientist from series 10 (or was it 11?).

As someone who doesn't care for the normal/"city"-esk figures this is probably one of the weakest waves I've seen. Granted Medusa, Roman Commander, Warrior Woman and Tomahawk Warrior (I look forward to seeing the tomahawk) all sounds awesome and I can't wait to get them. The Revolution Soldier and Sky Diver are on my maybe list but I am very specific in what I collect (namely Horror/Mythical/Legendary, Warrior and Sci-Fi) so it depends on how they look.

But as I said, as someone who doesn't care for the "normal" civilians this is probably the most dissapointing wave to date (though my wallet is cheering) and as the Gold one I feel that's a shame.

As someone who doesn't care for the normal/"city"-esk figures this is probably one of the weakest waves I've seen. Granted Medusa, Roman Commander, Warrior Woman and Tomahawk Warrior (I look forward to seeing the tomahawk) all sounds awesome and I can't wait to get them. The Revolution Soldier and Sky Diver are on my maybe list but I am very specific in what I collect (namely Horror/Mythical/Legendary, Warrior and Sci-Fi) so it depends on how they look.

But as I said, as someone who doesn't care for the "normal" civilians this is probably the most dissapointing wave to date (though my wallet is cheering) and as the Gold one I feel that's a shame.

Can I ask what makes the Sky Diver a maybe for you ? Seems like an odd one out on your list.

Sea Captain - could be cool depending on what era we are talking. A Pirates era non Pirate captain would be great. A modern guy looking like the fisherman, less so.

Sad Clown - more Joker goons are always good.

Librarian - sadly not a Jocasta Nu fig.

Grandpa - kinda like the Santa fig. Sweet, but you never need more than 1.

Bumblebee Girl - I assume another customer fig? Could be cute. Probably a good use of fairy wings.

Roman Commander - woot!

Warrior Woman - double d woot! Hoping fore something Xena ish.

Decorator - probably a painter like in the pet shop. A decent little city fig.

Tomahawk Warrior - Native American with a Mohawk?

Trendsetter - I think we have found this series turd.

Baseball Fielder - blah! Recolor of previous player, with a glove this time.

Revolution Soldier - now this sounds great. Hopefully generic enough to be a good army builder

Motorcycle Mechanic - how will this be different from he previous mechanic? Maybe more tattoos?

Medusa - we've asked for it for so long.

Skydiver - we should get some interesting new parts from it. At least a new backpack.

Paintball Player - weird. But probably their way to sneak in a soldier or hunter. I'm betting the printing will make it almost un MOC'able sadly.

Can I ask what makes the Sky Diver a maybe for you ? Seems like an odd one out on your list.

That's actually a fair point and one I forgot to mention. I do also like ones that tie in with either extreme sports, like the snowboarders, the skiers, the divers (though technically the second one is more of an explorer) and I would say the skaters except I only have the wave 4 one or hobbies I have an interest in, i.e. rock climbing, drawing, snowboarding and martial arts. I will admit I also tend to go for any western/gunslinger (i.e. the gangster from wave 5) based characters but I don't have them on display.

Sadly the "City" characters are just to plain to fall under those misc criteria and I don't have any city sets to add them into, so I don't have any interest in them.

The sad clown is Pagliacci right?

My first thought was Dr. Whiteface from the Diskworld series. And I am in love with him just for that.

True story.

Roman Commander

Warrior Woman

Tomahawk Warrior

Revolution Soldier

Call me crazy but I think that there is an unusually high ratio of militant figures to non militant. While I like it, it seems odd for Lego to do that especially since that hasn't seemed to be the pattern in the past releases.

I'm thinking that the pictures deffinatly need to be put in the first post. Seems to me like some people are unaware of them. :wink:

... an interest in, i.e. rock climbing...

The rumored list for S11 says there will be a rock climber - which is a minifigure I'm looking forward to!