DarthSion

LEGO Lord of the Rings

From what Ive read, theres a code on the exclusive Elrond figures bag

that can be used in the game as a cheat code. I believe it unlocks Elrond.

As near as I can tell the code on Elronds bag just unlocks a Lego Desiner video about the making of the fig. I don't see anywhere to plug it into the game itself?

As near as I can tell the code on Elronds bag just unlocks a Lego Desiner video about the making of the fig. I don't see anywhere to plug it into the game itself?

From the in-game pause menu, you can just click on 'Extras' and enter the code right in at the top after clicking on the 'Enter Code' button. I tried it out and unlocked Second-Age Elrond for use in-game.

Anyone noticed the reference from the Hobbit in the open world?

I'm talking about the 3 stoned versions of the trolls William, Bert & Tom?

I thought it was a nice little detail. :)

Yeah, they're in the DS version too.

There's actually something you need to do to all three in that version to get one of the unlockables. :wink:

Mind you those are in the LOTR movies aswell. The achievments/trophy is the hobbit refrences.

Edited by deskp

Mind you those are in the LOTR movies aswell. The achievments/trophy is the hobbit refrences.

Yeah but they're rather hard to see unless you know what you're looking for. :wink:

Could anyone possibly get a snapshot of the Mouth of Sauron. I know he is an unlockable character, but I can't seem to find any decent pictures of him.

Also, apparently if you beat the game and get %100 everything, it unlocks the epilogue which shows the journey to the Grey Havens.

Could anyone possibly get a snapshot of the Mouth of Sauron. I know he is an unlockable character, but I can't seem to find any decent pictures of him.

If you complete the story line, you can play the bonus level. There he is an playable character, and you unlock him afterwards.

Yeah but they're rather hard to see unless you know what you're looking for. :wink:

But in the extended editions they are commented on ;)

Do I need to finish the entire storyline before I can use characters I've puchased in the open world?

Edited by Archer

I just finished the game. I liked the bits of humor thrown in. I don't want to spoil anything, but there are some neat pieces thrown in. I did feel the storyline was pretty short, but I'm hoping the side quests add a lot to it.

I wonder if they will ever make a Hobbit game. It might just be a long

enough story to adapt into a full video game.

Since it's a trilogy, I'm sure we'll get a Hobbit game in 2014 when the movies conclude. :sweet:

Also, I can't wait to get this game! I've been really addicted to LOTR lately so this should definitely be enjoyable to play for me.

Guys, I just read IGN's review of Lego The Lord of the Rings for the Nintendo 3DS -- and according to it, the game just sucks! You can find the review here.

Has any of you got the game for the Nintendo 3DS? Is it really THAT bad? I was looking forward to getting it, but now... =(

Guys, I just read IGN's review of Lego The Lord of the Rings for the Nintendo 3DS -- and according to it, the game just sucks! You can find the review here.

Has any of you got the game for the Nintendo 3DS? Is it really THAT bad? I was looking forward to getting it, but now... =(

Hard to take a site that rates the yearly cloned Call of Duty games a 9+ each year seriously.

Edited by General Magma

For 3DS? It probably is yes. A game system? No. Anything on DS anything is bad.

I got the PC version the other day, wow, I love this game. Not sure about replayability yet, but first time through is a blast (so far).

I just read some other reviews for the 3DS version and although all of them mention some playability issues, they say it's only a minor thing that won't get in the way. =D

I just read some other reviews for the 3DS version and although all of them mention some playability issues, they say it's only a minor thing that won't get in the way. =D

Maybe you could look for some walkthroughs on Youtube. While it may give away some things, it would give you a better sense of what the game will look like while you're playing it.

Maybe you could look for some walkthroughs on Youtube. While it may give away some things, it would give you a better sense of what the game will look like while you're playing it.

Guess I'll do that -- thanks! ;)

Has anyone managed to get the 100% yet ?

I'm just missing one mithril brick, and every level and quest and the bonus level is completed

with all the items, and I'm still missing one mithril brick to get the last .5% or so.

I've read that there are a lot of people with the same error.. but have not found a solution yet.

One mithril brick to go to get the last design forged and everything should be there.

I'm playing the xbox360 version

Has anyone managed to get the 100% yet ?

I'm just missing one mithril brick, and every level and quest and the bonus level is completed

with all the items, and I'm still missing one mithril brick to get the last .5% or so.

I've read that there are a lot of people with the same error.. but have not found a solution yet.

One mithril brick to go to get the last design forged and everything should be there.

I'm playing the xbox360 version

I got 100% on the DS version. :wink: I can't be of much help with the other versions though, sorry...