Sign in to follow this  
into the blue

Chrome Gold C3P0 on eBay

Nowadays it isn't that surprising for that fig. It had a very limited release five years ago, and back then they were about 100 USD MISB. As they've changed hands more and more have been opened. I very rarely see one of these MISB for sale.

I opened mine as soon as I got it. :tongue:

1. Keep in mind that what someone asks on ebay does not mean they'll sell it for that price.

2. However, in this case.... bricklink prices for that fig new range from $250 to over $450, and that IS actual sales. So yes, it sells for that much!

This will be the last figure I get to complete my Star wars collection. I'm only 15 away now so I'm dreading the price I might have to pay for this guy. I may well search for one out of packet as I'll never open it if it's inside and that means tears over breakfast.

Just a quick question.

I understand that the numbers for the chrome Vader were around the same for the 3PO, 10,000 right?

If that's the case then why is the value for 3PO that much more than the value for the chrome Vader?

I narrowly missed out on an eBay auction for one of these about 2 years ago - my max bid was £55 and it went for £57 :sceptic: - then a few weeks later I decided not to buy one off Bricklink for £75 because it was 'too expensive' :sceptic: . Eventually my missus bought me one for a BIG birthday for £95! - I've carried regrets about the two I missed for a long time, but seeing this topic has made me feel a bit better :grin: (except now there's no way I can ever open mine :sceptic: ).

Just a quick question.

I understand that the numbers for the chrome Vader were around the same for the 3PO, 10,000 right?

If that's the case then why is the value for 3PO that much more than the value for the chrome Vader?

I could swear I read that there were about 30,000 or 40,000 chrome Vaders - I can't find where I read that though. I think the Chrome 3P0 promo was limited to the US whereas Chrome Vader was much more readily available (inserted randomly into boxes in the US and as a freebie when you spent £30 in TRU in the UK - (also seem to recall some people saying they bought them in Lego stores in Europe for around €5?)).

I narrowly missed out on an eBay auction for one of these about 2 years ago - my max bid was £55 and it went for £57 :sceptic: - then a few weeks later I decided not to buy one off Bricklink for £75 because it was 'too expensive' :sceptic: . Eventually my missus bought me one for a BIG birthday for £95! - I've carried regrets about the two I missed for a long time, but seeing this topic has made me feel a bit better :grin: (except now there's no way I can ever open mine :sceptic: ).

I could swear I read that there were about 30,000 or 40,000 chrome Vaders - I can't find where I read that though. I think the Chrome 3P0 promo was limited to the US whereas Chrome Vader was much more readily available (inserted randomly into boxes in the US and as a freebie when you spent £30 in TRU in the UK - (also seem to recall some people saying they bought them in Lego stores in Europe for around €5?)).

I found this information which suggests the numbers are a bit lower than 30,000 or 40,000 but hey, it's the internet and you can't trust anything on there these days, right?

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/4547551_Chrome_Darth_Vader

I too shelled out around £90 for mine on eBay about a year back.

At the time I thought it a bit of a foolish buy, but I'd had a few glasses of wine so I thought, "What the hell!" and hit 'Buy It Now'.

It was an early Christmas present to myself.

And yes, I can't open mine now either.

I found this information which suggests the numbers are a bit lower than 30,000 or 40,000 but hey, it's the internet and you can't trust anything on there these days, right?

http://lego.wikia.co...ome_Darth_Vader

At the time I thought it a bit of a foolish buy, but I'd had a few glasses of wine so I thought, "What the hell!" and hit 'Buy It Now'.

It was an early Christmas present to myself.

And yes, I can't open mine now either.

The Chrome Vader is limited to 10,000. Just like C-3PO chrome, it was randomly inserted into LEGO sets. However, the C-3PO was put into sets in 2007, and the Chrome Vader was inserted into sets in 2009. Thus, there is a two year gap of price. The C-3PO price has had time to mature, while the Vader is still slowly traveling up. It is also slower to go up because certain people, such as some posted above, believe there are 30,000-40,000 of them, thus they do not value them as high as they should. It is a common misconception, since it is not marked on the bag, and it is in a polybag much like other polys that were released in massive quantities (aka TC-14).

Hope this helps you out!

I had a small dark age when I got into high school and hadn't realized that chrome 3POs were out until 2009 I think. I managed to grab one at $75... Did feel expensive, but I knew I wanted that fig, and I had the cash, so I went for it! Seeing these new prices makes me satisfied to pay what I paid. :sweet:

Edited by johnnyvgoode

Wow, I didn't realise what a jump in price the chrome Vader had made until I did a quick scan on eBay.

I think I bought mine for under £20, but now the average seems to be between £50 and £80.

Didn't realise that the chrome Stormtrooper, white Boba Fett and Shadow Arf trooper were also limited to 10,000.

Looks like their prices will soon be skyrocketing too.

Can't get any numbers on the shirtless Darth Maul or the TC-14 (although it seems like every Lego store had TC-14s coming out the wazzoo), can anyone enlighten me on those?

Edited by into the blue

Chrome Stormtrooper -10,000

ARF trooper- I believe 10,000+

White Boba- 10,000

Darth Maul- 10,000 + or at 10,000

TC-14- 10,000+

Hope that helps. It's a rough list, but no one has exact numbers on them except for the LEGO staff ( who are mum on it of course). You can usually figure out roughly how many of each there are though just by a little research.

Yes, a little research did give me some exact numbers, that's why I put amounts on both Stormies and Fett.

Chrome stormtrooper - http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/4591725_Chrome_Stormtrooper

Shadow Arf Trooper - http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2856197_Shadow_ARF_Trooper

White Boba Fett - http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett

There were no numbers for the Maul or TC-14.

That's why I asked.

Sorry Samiam but it looks like you're guessing and that doesn't really contribute.

Sorry Samiam but it looks like you're guessing and that doesn't really contribute.

You clearly misunderstand me. I'm merely trying to help you out and give you some information. I'm not guessing. They are calculated numbers. I've been collecting figures for many, many years, and I watch the market with an eagle eye. I've got to much invested in these little guys not too keep track of the market. Those are very detailed, calculated, and what I actually believe are the real number, estimates, with 10,000 being a control number.

I even used the sites you just used above, and the listings that I've been watching for a few years now, to get those numbers.

As you'll also notice, there is no definitive number for the ARF trooper either. Like I said, LEGO is pretty mum on how many are released... you just have to sort of figure it out on your own, but it takes a while of studying the market to discern a close estimate.

Anyway... they aren't guesses buddy ;)

Edited by samiam391

'Atta boy! Haha made my night!

My apologies if I came across as abrupt Samiam.

That wasn't my intention.

Can you give us an idea of where your numbers came from for Maul and the TC-14?

My apologies if I came across as abrupt Samiam.

That wasn't my intention.

Can you give us an idea of where your numbers came from for Maul and the TC-14?

Not at all, I completely understand why you came to that assumption. My post does sound rather "guessy"... but I was using 10,000 as a simple control and didn't take much time to write it all out. My apologies as well for not being more clear :)

Just watching the market. A quick piece of evidence would be... Unlike, say, the Vader and C-3PO, the Maul and TC-14 were available in multiple promotions, across the world. There was a time when an abundance of Darth Maul polys, from India (who would have thought that?), were released. There was also promotions in, I believe Europe, where a purchase of roughly $10 US was eligible for a Darth Maul Poly.

TC-14 was a May 4th promotion, and the market has been literally flooded with them. After the escapade with the ARF running out of stock within hours of the May 4th promotion, the year previously, I assume that LEGO created more TC-14 this year so as not to have the same episode occur again. There is also a seemingly endless amount of them on eBay and BL, even though it has already been half a year since the promotion. Still hasn't been enough time for me to completely evaluate it and its numbers, but my first guess and instinct is to say 10,000 plus. I remember hearing a number of 20,000, but I'm not even going to say that it is right, or close to right, considering my memory is sketchy at best on it.

I even have a large amount of them stored up.

Considering the original question of this thread, I thought you might find this interesting @into the blue

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-LEGO-MINIFIG-1-10-000-GOLD-CHROME-C-3PO-TC-14-RARE-NEW-SEALED-/121029142651?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item1c2de6287b

Shirtless Mauls were/still are available in France TRU's correct? Thats where the seller of mine told me he got it from.

TC-14s were/are a promotional item/GWP so good chance you won't get exact numbers on those.

ARF Shadow Troopers were also a GWP, but those have come and gone at this point so those will start rising no doubt.

Sign in to follow this