muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

8204803542_6aa98af920_c.jpg

I imagine 'blue shaded' will be the colour of the figures in these images.

Also, who else thinks we will be seeing the 'golden award' in silver and bronze... assuming it is different from the one we have already seen.

looks great!

Wow, hardly a trickle of leaks all year, and now this flood... Im kind of hoping TLG will speed up the release of official pics of series 9 now, to get the hype back to the upcoming series... :grin:

I sure hope that the heroic knight has the helmet with the moveable visor. I really hope it's not going t be the same helmet as the evil knight otherwise I will be very dissapointed.

I agree about the Knight... Evil Knight's helmet in silver? That helmet has basically been a 'villain' helmet since its debut. A new or different helm in silver (or gold) would be ideal.

Cyclops sounds intriguing (especially with S10's Medusa!) and Marion too.

The Battle Mech wasn't said to go with Galaxy SQUAD (which is a lighter blue, and the blue robot already appears twice in Wave 1), but Galaxy PATROL from Series 7 according to that guy--so, probably Dark Blue. But if the parts are from the Galaxy Squad robots, I hope they're from the orange or green (or green's head but with wings of orange) in Dark Blue to match Galaxy Patrol. Then if the rumors of an Evil Mech in a later series pan out, maybe use the red robot's head for that (if it's meant to go with the S9 Alien Trooper, the red robot head's more 'alien' in appearance).

I love all the S10 brickset leaks, but can't wait for more S9 pics!

I kind of wish they used minifig "cyborg" arms for the robots. Not sure how it would seem. But the normal arms look a bit too organic in comparison to the rest of the robot.

Agreed... I also wish they'd use the cyborg arms for the LEFT arms occasionally! Every figure with a cyborg arm has it replacing their RIGHT arm!

I finally had enough of the right-arm-only practice with the Evil Robot, so I got a couple extras and gave one of 'em TWO cyborg arms--now I need a spare regular black right arm & red hand to replace the donated cyber-limb.

BOOM next years minifigs announced! Now to get piccys of series 9!

As always I will pick up one of each of these,

but I am really looking forward to the Heroic Knight, Ceasar (every Roman army needs a leader and to think we get a commander late next year), lady Marion, Battle Mech, and maybe the Judge (pending on hairpiece).

I will get a few extras of my favs as always.

I would love pictures of this series. I had no idea they had other images from the other series. There is definite potential here though. I don't see too many army builders (thankfully) since the other series seem to have them. But I will definitely get at least one of most of them and then probably multiples of Caesar. We'll see.

I hope the Battle Mech will use the robot leg introduced in Monster Fighters. Just seems like a cool piece to use.

I don't see too many army builders (thankfully) since the other series seem to have them. But I will definitely get at least one of most of them and then probably multiples of Caesar. We'll see.

I will army build caesars, heroic knights, maid marions and cyclops...

Any pictures? LEGO released series 8 pictures on july 25th, and today is the 25th of Nov, so we should be seeing official pictures and second,hour.day ect...Lego is really keeping these new series a secret..

Any pictures? LEGO released series 8 pictures on july 25th, and today is the 25th of Nov, so we should be seeing official pictures and second,hour.day ect...Lego is really keeping these new series a secret..

Actually, I believe we got series 8 pictures July 13th, so that would mean that we should have gotten pictures now, but I would actually expect pictures next month, as the series doesn't come out until January, however, I hope we get pictures soon.

You do know that you said that twice in a row... :sceptic:

Muscleman, thanks for the link and the photos. This makes me excited about the fortune teller as she is holding two tarot cards. The judge does have a powdered wig and the mermaid has the better tail (earlier CMF instead of PotC).

"Just a little teaser of the upcoming Minifigures Series 9! Check back 12/3 for a better look ;)"

One more week to wait..

series_9.jpg

Edited by Yooha

Wow!! These look fabulous even from the back! Especially Merida with her straightened hair :laugh:

Edited by Otherworld

Maid Marion has a bow and arrow? :look:

Ceaser looks awesome from what I can see - a scroll and laurel crown on hair! :wub:

Heroic Knight doesn't look quite as nice as I had been expecting, but I'd like to see the front

Plumber looks great! :drool: And so does the waiter! A green bottle at a decent price! And a

Interseting to see that the Chicken suit guy has yellow/new style orange legs. But if his shirt is really blank... :cry2:

Nice hair for the starlet, but a shame they're using the same medal. :hmpf:

Dr. Splitz guy looks... well, plain from the back, but I was liking him from the front! :thumbup:

I like the judges wig as well! :wub:

And now I can't wait for the third! :laugh:

Maid Marion has a bow and arrow? :look:

I'm guessing this is where the female elf rumour confusion came from. Why has the cyclops got a ginormous head!!

fffffeeeemaaaale eeeelffffffffffff :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy:

oh dear lord! best series so far!

must have for me:

female elf

mermaid

gypsy

mr. hyde

knight

cesar

judge

can't wait :cry_happy:

Maid Marion has a bow and arrow?

Why not, she is Robin Hood's companion after all (I wonder if it stays Maid Marion or is corrected to Maid Marian). Looks very promising, it's a new hair piece isn't it?

Heroic Knight doesn't look quite as nice as I had been expecting, but I'd like to see the front

At least he has that helmet and not the same one as Evil Knight like it was rumour a moment ago. A cape would have been nice, but not absolutely necessary. It's exciting to see what is depicted in his shield! I'm betting on a griffin, which has been very underused heraldic animal when it comes to Lego.

Cyclops' overgrown head looks horrible – that's my only real disappointment in these pictures. Let's hope it looks a bit better from the front.

This is nice & what I've always said Lego should do - tease the release. Maybe next time post the accesories to tease the figures.

So, the new pieces (molds) in this series appears to be:

None on Alien Trooper.

Chicken head and wings on Chicken Suit Guy.

New police hat on Downtown Cop (and printed badge tile)

Head piece, apparently something to wear over normal head(?), on Cyclops

None on Space Mech (supposing that head piece is from Galaxy Squad)

Hair piece on Fortune Teller (this isn't the same one Jack Sparrow had, is it?) (also, printed Tarot cards)

Gavel and wig on Judge

None on Good Knight

None on Mermaid

None on "Dr. Splitz"

Plunger on Plumber

Rollerskates on Rollerskater

Hair piece on Caesar

Hair piece on Hollywood Starlet

Hair piece on Maid Marian

Makes 13 I think, or did I miss/misinterpret something?

Edited by Haltiamieli

"Just a little teaser of the upcoming Minifigures Series 9! Check back 12/3 for a better look ;)"

One more week to wait..

Wow! Some of those look great, just from looking at them from the rear. And more varied Army builders then we normally get.

Galaxy Patrol Alien. Anything in that armor is great. I'll take 2 dozen please.

Chicken Suit Guy. Just looks fun. I am having images of a Invader Zim Chickenfoot MOC. Or the most demented Army builder fig we have ever been given.

Cop. Bleach! Double Bleach. I don't even need to see the front.

Cyclops. Ooh! He looks like a nice little fantasy or alien army builder. Might mix well with assorted trolls, orcs, goblins and Space Police villains. Multiples of him will not hurt.

Battle Robot. I'll take a dozen with the extended warranty plan please, Tyvm. Army builder for sure.

Fortune Teller. Could go either way. Looks like a nice fig, but not something desire able in vast quantities. I figure 2 or 3 will be useful.

Judge. Looks like a cool looking piece with a great new hair mold. Lots of period uses. Not an army builder, but a few will be fun.

Heroic Knight. ,!!!!! YES!!! True army builder. As many as I can get. Can anyone tell, does that look like the helm with the moving visor?

Mermaid. Can always use a couple of those for Pirate and Fantasy and even MF stuff. Nothing bad there. Plus easy to pick out by feel so won't get too many.

Dr. Splitz . Pretty much what we expected. A nice subtly little MF or Victorian fig. Plays well with the previous monsters and the detective. Probably don't need or want more than 1 or 2.

Plumber. Kinda boring. But a few regular types never hurt.

Skater. Yuck. Unless there is some phenomenal printing. This will probably the one I get unwanted dozens of.

Caesar. From the back really really disappointing. Neat hairpiece, but otherwise Peter Pantsless. Hope he has some real good printing.

Hollywood Starlet. Worth it for the new female hair. Otherwise meh.

Waiter. Dull but useful. 2 or 3 could be good.

Maid Marion. OMG at long last a female army builder.

Overall looks like a great series. 5 full blown army builders. A few more where multiples would be appreciated and only three that look at first glance to be overly dull and useless. Of course all of this might change with front printing and accessories.