CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

Everyone is entitled to a wrong opinion.

say_wha.gif

There were exceptions, you know.

And many cases were very fixable.

Anyway, my robot fig army tells me that exo force theme was worth it.

Whatever you say buddy. Lol.

Anyway, I'll be keeping a vigilant watch on my local TRU for signs of these puppies in the US. Although I have to wonder why there only seem to be sightings of the same three sets... I guess it could just be a fluke.

While I absolutely love the Mosquito ship, I'll be removing the front antenna as soon as I get it. I'll probably modify the head further so the cockpit's an actual cockpit, not just an open seat. I'll probably by an extra one of both the Mosquito as well as the Mantis so I'll be able to properly mod the Mantis.

And oh my zarquon I love the Vermin Vaporizer even more after seeing that review. The figures look even better now, and that new weapon is very intriguing. But it's kinda embarrassing that the guy reviewing the set doesn't even know that the claws on the scorpion are 2011 HF parts. Very funny that LEGO thought of adding splatted bugs onto the windscreen. That mini-buggy is ridiculously cute. And it reintroduces a part from the old Insectoids line (That seat part). There's a slight disappointment with the mech: I thought it had two different weapons and double-jointed legs. Oh well, that would be kind of difficult to put into the main vehicle.

That seat actually made an appearance in MF. In Ann Lees little helicopter. I was surprised and excited to see it. Glad there's more coming our way.

HAHA I have to seriously question the intelligence of anyone that considers Exo-Force to be racist. Anime is an art style, not some sort of racially degrading statement.

Ok, after finishing the reviews. The vaporizer has to be the coolest thing LEGO have released in years. The mech looks so solid. The minifigures... I don't know, there is something that just feels great when you watch the set finished. That clone tank is way bigger, yet when you see the sets together, the vaporizer completely steals the thunder of the clone tank, by looking so much cooler.

The aliens are also looking very nice.

The Vaporizer is awesome. The only lacking point is the scorpion, which is better than most of the small alien vehicles.

The figs seem to have Bright Green (same color as this year's Garbage Truck set; a beautiful and underappreciated color), Bright Red (classic red), Bright Orange (classic orange), and Dark Azur. Nice spread of colors if you ask me. The ships seem to have the same color schemes-- after all, most of the green parts and blue parts on the ships do exist in the appropriate colors.

Bright Green isn't Bricklink's Lime Green is it? If it isn't Lime, I'm even more excited for the line now! :grin:

Bright Green isn't Bricklink's Lime Green is it? If it isn't Lime, I'm even more excited for the line now! :grin:

Nah, Lime is officially Bright Yellowish Green. Bright Green could be described as somewhere between lime and classic green. It's been used for over a decade (maybe even two decades) for some baseplates and plant pieces, though a lot of people are still unfamiliar with it. Most recently it was the primary color of the waste management sets from this year's City lineup and the "ultrabuild" Green Lantern set.

Bright Green parts on Bricklink

Great to hear! I was originally thinking it was lime, so I wasn't too interested in the green figs at first. Its nice to see them using a more rare color.

Allow me to show you which green, as I, as well as many on here are quite confused on the official terminology of which green will be used for..

The Vermin Vaporizer

lego-galaxy-squad-70704-vermin-vaproizer.jpg

As a note, I got this image off of Brickipedia. I do not own this, sadly.

Edited by Penkid11

To be honest, that picture appeared about two pages back. I don't get why everyone got confused all of a sudden about the color.

I think somebody already said this, but anyone notices that the red android looks a bit like Zer0 from Borderlands 2?

Edited by TheRedGuy

It´s not that rare, but it works better for space themes than lime.

It isn't exactly a commonly used color so I consider it somewhat rare.

Edited by Walter

I think somebody already said this, but anyone notices that the red android looks a bit like Zer0 from Borderlands 2?

Possibly, but I don't think we've gotten a very clear shot of the red android yet.

Looking back at various Space themes most had small inexpensive sets to army build. It would be great if TLG would do this for Galaxy Squad too. From what we've seen so far there isn't a "squad" so to speak.

Looking back at various Space themes most had small inexpensive sets to army build. It would be great if TLG would do this for Galaxy Squad too. From what we've seen so far there isn't a "squad" so to speak.

LEGO seems to be opting for collect-ability this time around... exclusive figs are pretty heavy in this theme. You're right, army-building would be pretty difficult with GS, but remember that we may yet get some polybags.

Well, they´re already popping up in Canada in Toys-R-Us stores right now, so probably yeah.

I hope the second wave has more cheap "army builder"-type sets, specially for the red and green teams... It's especially a shame that the red team only comes in an insect set...

Haven't we confirmed that this is a one and done theme, or will it at least have a Spring Wave?

This theme is a mixed bag. I'm not a fan of the several different color schemes for the human ships, which is like Roboforce. The Vermin Vaporizer is great as a standalone set and has the best color scheme, although I think it relies a lot on the stickers to look good, and the smaller insect models are nice too. More than the sets, I'm interested in the new pieces they come with, which will show up on Bricklink soon.

Is that trans-light blue dish on the Vermin Vaporizer a new piece? It could be handy for many things.

The more I have looked at the sets the more I like them. My Lego collecting of late has been very much geared towards getting licensed sets which in the main seem to be about collecting the minifigs. GS has got me looking at the models and the possibilites that present themselves - pretty much how it used to be for me as a child when classic space was my favourite theme. Well done Lego :)

I have not found any release details for NZ yet.