Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Isn't that sort of unfair? It's almost exactly the same thing, just renamed.

The entire mechanic of the fight is supposed to be Threedd's and Aybdo's ability to remove the curse (and strategically choosing who to bless), so I didn't want anyone exempt from it. :blush: Plain ol' curse will be utilized in later battles. if epople think it is unfair though, I'll gladly change it.

I say have it be a regular Curse and let Johon be immune to it; he dropped good money on that Artifact, aftar all, and he deserves to have the immunity it grants him. :wink:

The entire mechanic of the fight is supposed to be Threedd's and Aybdo's ability to remove the curse (and strategically choosing who to bless), so I didn't want anyone exempt from it. :blush: Plain ol' curse will be utilized in later battles. if epople think it is unfair though, I'll gladly change it.

I don't think it's unfair (unlike that "ethereal immunity" thing that everyone seems to be catching. :poke: ) just really challenging. He can't re-apply it though, so once everyone is blessed in a strategic fashion, we won't have to worry about it degrading us. I think it's a valid mechanic (although we'll see if I feel that way when I get around to blessing the spiders.) I personally like all the challenges we've faced during this adventure, but I'm sure as Helvetia glad I'll be getting double XP for this fight.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I like this idea, but it does seem a little Ranger-esque. I, personally would have it go something along the lines of: "The Shaman transfers health from an enemy equal to the enemy's Level to the ally with the lowest Health, at the cost of one Ether." Yes, that could result in quite a bit of healing for a "Miss"-type roll, but to balance it out it's rather difficult to get via Nostrum-use, it isn't affected by Encouraged (though it IS lessened if an enemy is Weakened), and it would cost Ether even if the healing is unnecessary. If more balancing is needed, perhaps the amount should be one-half the enemy's Level.

But that would almost make "aim a better roll than a a "hit". :look:

Isn't that sort of unfair? It's almost exactly the same thing, just renamed.

My thoughts as well. :sceptic:

Edited by Palathadric

I don't think it's unfair (unlike that "ethereal immunity" thing that everyone seems to be catching. :poke: )

True that. :thumbup:

I missed that Aranoc couldn't re-apply the curse, so that's good. I still think Johon should be immune to it, though.

Almost, but not really (especially if it's done as 1/2 the enemy Level)--and remember, "Miss" rolls are superseded by three other rolls, which helps to balance the power. Besides, it's not the only class where a "miss" is arguably better than a "hit"--as a Raider, I'd rather roll a bunch of "Steal" rolls than a bunch of "hit" rolls.

So? I value rolling Special Damage more than my Shield roll. :laugh:

Edited by CallMePie

So? I value rolling Special Damage more than my Shield roll. :laugh:

That too. :grin:

I don't mind, it's challenging and good fun. This curse is different enough that making existing artefacts ineffective wouldn't be such a stretch.

You can blame Tanma for that super-long song post, it's his fault I was looking up videos of Vakama's visions and ended up stumbling across that song again. :grin:

For the Miss roll, perhaps something like a mini Blood Ritual Aim type thing? During which damage is done to the enemy equal to WP, and the same amount of health is transferred to an ally.

I'm sorry, but I've come to the decision that the Shaman class is in balance now with just the Shield-skill changed, considering it is a damager/healer -type of class. Of course I understand that you want your class to be as strong as possible, but I'm trying to make all of them have their pros and cons. Well, the Master classes are insanely powerful, but we'll tackle that beast once someone hits Level 50 first. :tongue:

Jeez, Quest 50's party is on a killing spree. :look:

Well, the whole quest revolves around a killing spree, so... :tongue:

But really, Hybros makes me want to drop the chance of assassination to 1/1000. :hmpf_bad:

Well, the whole quest revolves around a killing spree, so... :tongue:

But really, Hybros makes me want to drop the chance of assassination to 1/1000. :hmpf_bad:

Confuse and/or Hex him! :devil:

Also, Pie, feel free to move us forward in 51, we can keep talking once we're belowdecks. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

You can blame Tanma for that super-long song post, it's his fault I was looking up videos of Vakama's visions and ended up stumbling across that song again. :grin:

And so backstory turned into song, song into wall of text, wall of text into legend. This is the way; of the Heroica.

Brickdoctor, two of us are poisoned so we can't wait it out unless we use 2 remedies; I guess it's not that big of a deal since we're getting four at the end of this round, but still.

Doc, is the Cloak of the Blue Assassin bodywear or backwear? If it's the former, De'kra can wear both it and the Cloak of Deception in one more battle, but if it's the latter I'll loan the Cloak of Deception to Barur and ask Barur to let De'kra wear the Ancient Crown (and try to Nostrum up De'kra so we have a shot at applying the Cursed-effect to all the enemies :grin: ).

Sorry for the late response. Like Pie said, a Cloak should be backwear and a Robe should be bodywear. I'm not sure how I've distinguished between the two types in the past, but that's how I'd call it if I dropped the item today.

Brickdoctor, two of us are poisoned so we can't wait it out unless we use 2 remedies; I guess it's not that big of a deal since we're getting four at the end of this round, but still.

Oh, I see what you meant. In that case, it would be better for you to attack the Unicorn, to kill it faster, right? The only way to not use a Remedy or continually heal you is to end the battle faster.

Sorry. :grin: But don't do that. I'd be sad. :sad: If it means anything, like Pie says, Assassins can't do anything else.

Confuse and/or Hex him! :devil:

That would be awesome to see. :laugh:

Hush, you two, don't give him any ideas. *Wishes he had bought a scroll of confusion while Elphaba was in town*

EDIT: *Wishes he had bought a tin helmet instead, but remembers he's lucky and has remedies*

Pie, it's a testament to your NPCs and your writing that joining the crew of the Magpie is seriously tempting for both Arthur and for me. If this were D&D, I'd have Arthur quit Heroica and start a new group with them. Right now, I'm trying to come up with an in-character justification for Arthur not to join them. :blush:

Thanks. :blush: I'm really glad you find the NPCs interesting.

For everyone's enjoyment while I try and figure out what to say to Jules, here's Aveal's reaction by PM to roleplaying (quoted with permission):

WHAT THE #### ARE YOU GUYS EVEN SAYING IN THE QUEST TOPIC?!?!? xD I'm getting lost here

:tongue:

For everyone's enjoyment while I try and figure out what to say to Jules, here's Aveal's reaction by PM to roleplaying (quoted with permission):

:tongue:

Can you blame him? Arthur started singing. :wacko::laugh:

Can you blame him? Arthur started singing. :wacko::laugh:

Hey, be thankful, if I hadn't been at the Hoover Dam at the time, he would have sang to all the Heroes at the end of the Battle of Drakencourt. I even talked to Zeph about having Vipera broadcast it to the rest of you. Remember that song from the end of 31? :laugh:

We've just been lucky so far, it's only the first two battles. I'm sure you'll knock him out soon enough. :laugh:

Signed, sealed, delivered - the updated Shaman is here! This change will take effect immediately.

heroicarules-a-shaman.jpg