Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

I think it was created before artifacts had categories, I listed it as backwear because it was a cloak rather than a robe.

Edited by CallMePie

RbwBs.png

"If we're on a first name basis, then my name is Threed."

*cough*Earthbound*cough* :grin: Is Abydo a reference to Stargate SG-1?

Nintendo games are curiously underrepresented as far as references in Heroica go. :sadnew:

Nintendo games are curiously underrepresented as far as references in Heroica go. :sadnew:

...I've played Earthbound but I can't even remember who Threed is. :blush: Threed and Aybdo are just corruptions of Thread and Abdomen. :tongue:

Also, I've snuck in quite a few Nintendo refrences into, well, most of my Heroica stuff. Despite the fact 48 is heavily inspired by Metal Gear Solid 3. :tongue:

Edited by Endgame

Well to be fair the Legend of Zelda does have an entire race and potentially a expert class. Go Rito! (how do you prounce them anyway?)

...I've played Earthbound but I can't even remember who Threed is. :blush: Threed and Aybdo are just corruptions of Thread and Abdomen. :tongue:

Also, I've snuck in quite a few Nintendo refrences into, well, most of my Heroica stuff. Despite the fact 48 is heavily inspired by Metal Gear Solid 3. :tongue:

Threed is the third main town in the game (Onett, Twoson, Threed...yes, it is a pattern :tongue: ). :wink:

I guess I'm going to miss stocking up on some gems this time around. :sad:

I guess I'm going to miss stocking up on some gems this time around. :sad:

If the quest doesn't finish before the end of the month then I will attempt to find a way to stick a gem-seller in the quest :wink:

I hope you don't mind me incorporating 44 canon into the Murkwood, Sandy. :blush: I wanted to show what effects the Dragonlord's raids had on the population of the Murkwood.

I'll have the elder up ASAP, 48ers. :classic:

If the quest doesn't finish before the end of the month then I will attempt to find a way to stick a gem-seller in the quest :wink:

Perhaps.... Dr trice could infuse potions into items! Like a Nostrum would make the satchel of awesomeness. Something like that.. As long as he also sells the potions.

Alrighty then, how does this sound for Shaman's modified Shield skill?

SHIELD:
Blood Ritual
– The shaman performs a rite that heals all allies to full health by transferring health from the enemy with most health. The transferred health is equal to the amount of health each ally has lost in total. This does not deplete ether.

I basically made the skill heal the entire party fully and damage the enemy with the most health at the same time. To counter this, it does not have an effect if the party that is already at full health. There are no other negative effects to the skill anymore.

Will this change be enough to make the job class work?

I hope you don't mind me incorporating 44 canon into the Murkwood, Sandy. :blush: I wanted to show what effects the Dragonlord's raids had on the population of the Murkwood.

Of course not, references like that just makes the game world more complete! :thumbup:

SHIELD:
Blood Ritual
– The shaman performs a rite that heals all allies to full health by transferring health from the enemy with most health. The transferred health is equal to the amount of health each ally has lost in total. This does not deplete ether.

I basically made the skill heal the entire party fully and damage the enemy with the most health at the same time. To counter this, it does not have an effect if the party that is already at full health. There are no other negative effects to the skill anymore.

I like the change as it gives a nod to the Cleric's miracle as well as to the offensive nature of the Barbarian. I think other people will want the Shaman to lean further towards the Barbarian by changing meditate, but I think it is at least now a competetive class.

Looks good to me! Purposely whittling down your party and then rolling a blood ritual could actually be a very viable strategy now.

It defies SP, correct?

I think other people will want the Shaman to lean further towards the Barbarian by changing meditate, but I think it is at least now a competetive class.

I'd like to keep the advanced classes as cohesive as possible, so the options for the fourth tier skill are limited. COUNTER doesn't really fit the class since it's a healer, AIM and STEAL are out of the question, and I want to keep the more obscure skills like POISON, CONFUSE and ENCHANTMENT unique to their respective classes. So the only option for MEDITATE would be a completely new skill...

It defies SP, correct?

Yes. I better write that down to the description.

I'd like to keep the advanced classes as cohesive as possible, so the options for the fourth tier skill are limited. COUNTER doesn't really fit the class since it's a healer, AIM and STEAL are out of the question, and I want to keep the more obscure skills like POISON, CONFUSE and ENCHANTMENT unique to their respective classes. So the only option for MEDITATE would be a completely new skill...

Maybe something like: Heals target according to WP + Level, but damages self according to WP. When healing self heals according to Level, when attacking restores health to self according to WP or something like that.

Also, is row to be taken in account? What if the shaman is Encouraged - will double the amount of health be drained?

Maybe something like: Heals target according to WP + Level, but damages self according to WP. When healing self heals according to Level, when attacking restores health to self according to WP or something like that.

Umm... what? :tongue:

Too complex, sorry.

Also, is row to be taken in account? What if the shaman is Encouraged - will double the amount of health be drained?

It will ignore distance as well. Encouraged doesn't affect healing, and the Blood Ritual isn't an actual attack.

Just skimming Quest 42... how is the Merman sealed or weakened? Its noted he's immune to negative effects.

-snip-

That's much better, with those edits made, the class is already considerably more appealing than it was before. The beefed-up miracle is something that I like very much. :thumbup:

For the Miss roll, perhaps something like a mini Blood Ritual Aim type thing? During which damage is done to the enemy equal to WP, and the same amount of health is transferred to an ally.

I love the new mechanic for Shaman. Even though I still prefer Druid, the class looks much more workable now! :grin:

And, Endgame, It's all I can do to keep the Megablocks out of my speeches.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Just skimming Quest 42... how is the Merman sealed or weakened? Its noted he's immune to negative effects.

Shhh! It's been working so far. :grin:

I think I spoke so convincingly that Flare completely forgot. :look:

SHIELD:
Blood Ritual

Excellent SHIELD, though as WBD said, Meditate is still a bit weird for the Shaman.

That's much better, with those edits made, the class is already considerably more appealing than it was before. The beefed-up miracle is something that I like very much. :thumbup:

For the Miss roll, perhaps something like a mini Blood Ritual Aim type thing? During which damage is done to the enemy equal to WP, and the same amount of health is transferred to an ally.

I like this idea, but it does seem a little Ranger-esque. I, personally would have it go something along the lines of: "The Shaman transfers health from an enemy equal to the enemy's Level to the ally with the lowest Health, at the cost of one Ether." Yes, that could result in quite a bit of healing for a "Miss"-type roll, but to balance it out it's rather difficult to get via Nostrum-use, it isn't affected by Encouraged (though it IS lessened if an enemy is Weakened), and it would cost Ether even if the healing is unnecessary. If more balancing is needed, perhaps the amount should be one-half the enemy's Level.

I can't think of a name right now, but Sandy's more clever withcoming up with names for things/people/places anyway. :grin:

QM Note: It's the "Spider's Curse", so no.

Isn't that sort of unfair? It's almost exactly the same thing, just renamed.