Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

When I get a B, it's because I didn't think the subject was worth studying... much :laugh:

Agreed. I also just read you signature and was glad about what I read...

Let's not go further into that, though.

I'm curious to hear what our fellow Guildsmen have managed to pillage from... *Ahem*... THE DAY OF BLACKNESS!

I'm curious to hear what our fellow Guildsmen have managed to pillage from... *Ahem*... THE DAY OF BLACKNESS!

I'm curious to hear what that means?

Black Friday. US Nationwide supersale. Usually starts 4 hours before Friday at certain stores, others wait until even 5 A.M. Many stores stop their sales around noon on Friday, then there are some that have "Black Friday" stretching over multiple days. Practically every store has sales that are almost too good to be true (depending on who you are) Toys of course being our favorite. :wink:

Although that really is not what the "Black" in Black Friday means. On this day there are more people stressed on this day than any other day of the year (unless there is a 9/11 sized disaster sometime in there). People get into fights, loose wallets, and even some die from being trampled on the way in (sad, sad way to go). It never stops people from coming, and frankly, it probably never will.

Much prayers, as I will be shopping tomorrow morning :tongue:

Agreed. I also just read you signature and was glad about what I read...

Let's not go further into that, though.

I must say - the pre-Black Friday deals were much better than the actual Black Friday deals - except at the Lego store.

TRU had 3 crappy Lego sets on sale, and BOGO on their marked up SW Lego from 8PM-12PM. On Wednesday though, they had $25 off a $100 Lego purchase and a FB coupon for 20% off one item. Picked up 20 Mirkwood Elves on Wed.

Target had one POTC ship and one Duplo set at 25% off on Black Friday, but On Wednesday - assorted 10-20% discounts and TIE Fighters at $35 plus a $5 off $50 toy purchase coupon. Picked up 3 TIEs on Wednesday.

Walmart had small sales on a few crappy lego sets on Black Friday. I did not visit them the rest of the week. No purchases made at Walmart.

The Lego store had a Black Friday event last Saturday for it's biggest VIPs, with a free PaB box and Lego bag just for showing up, 2nd PaB biox with $75 purchase, free $15 Christmas Lego set (with new horse) with $100 purchase, and 10% off purchases of $150 or more. Plus a scratch off at checkout for 10, 20, or 50% off your purchase ( not cumulative with 10% off $150). On actual Black Friday, they had the same deals without the initial giveaways (free PaB box and bag) plus more than 30 sets discounted. Picked up the Joust and Chess set last Saturday.

Not a bad week I suppose...

^Today Lego did not give out the tote bag (either that or I was too late for it :tongue:. I got nothing good for GoH parts, but my other favored areas of Lego are quite pleased.

Oh, and as you can see Susan Jr., I'M ALIVE!!

The Lego store had a Black Friday event last Saturday for it's biggest VIPs, with a free PaB box and Lego bag just for showing up, 2nd PaB biox with $75 purchase, free $15 Christmas Lego set (with new horse) with $100 purchase, and 10% off purchases of $150 or more. Plus a scratch off at checkout for 10, 20, or 50% off your purchase ( not cumulative with 10% off $150). On actual Black Friday, they had the same deals without the initial giveaways (free PaB box and bag) plus more than 30 sets discounted. Picked up the Joust and Chess set last Saturday.

Man, I totally missed all that. Stupid Lego stores being an hour away... Sounds like a great deal. I am hoping that they have the same free Christmas pick a brick boxes when you spend over $75 between now Christmas, I scored big in March because of all the boxes I had.

:wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

oh good to see you survived mini!

No need to get homosexual Jr. *oh2*

Oh, you were drooling over the deals, and here I was thinking that you actually cared :cry_sad::tongue:

That VIP event was a dream come true, at first, then I wasn't invited :ugh: . I probably would have just window shopped though, but I would have kept the PAB box, and you know... Add it to the two I got today. :devil:

Speaking of PAB, I forgot that I got a PAB cup today full of bamboo leaves and... HORSES for my GoH MOCs (the old kind). One is missing half of its face and will work great as a marble statue!

No need to get homosexual Jr. *oh2*

Uhmm... :tongue:

Speaking of PAB, I forgot that I got a PAB cup today full of bamboo leaves and... HORSES for my GoH MOCs (the old kind). One is missing half of its face and will work great as a marble statue!

I have asked someone in the US for 2 large PAB cups of foliage, brown tiles and trans clear plates, and a small one full of flower stems&Flowers! :wub:

Just placed my 2:nd order in Plastic Bricks Direct! Many 1x1 round plates in trans clear and trans light blue. Want to try to build waters like these

http://www.flickr.co...rth/8208864351/

Yeah, that's on my "to bricklink" list as well! Looking forward to seeing what watery thing you'll build with them!

So.... what did I miss?

Anywho, on another note, I am back but not really back. All my parts are in my SWTOR, Faction, DC universe, and SWTCW builds for BFAL, when I get back I should be able to participate. :)

I'll be lurking around the forums until then.

ZM: What are you studying?

I I have another 3 weeks till college breaks up... good luck with (japanese?)

Yes, Japanese is my last exam. Sorry for the late reply.

Speaking of Middle earth, this place really has turned! Aside from the giant Hobbit sculptures everywhere, there is a themed marketplace on the waterfront that is packed with people, and the local greenbelt, where Amon Hen and a few other scenes were filmed, is packed with tourists as well. I normally walk through for a bit of piece and quiet on the way to town, but that certainly isn't happening! On top of that, I've been able to shake hands with a number of cast members over the last few weeks. Because I have no chance of spelling all their names correctly, lets say I've met Legolas, Fili, Kili, and Frodo. Certainly exiting times indeed!

I have a build photographed and ready to post, but I haven't found the time to actually post it. It's a narrative scene in which my character meets dG. It includes a couple of useless guards, an angry pack of bandits who think of themselves as Avalonian heroes, and a couple of real Avalonian Heroes showing off what they are made of. And an explosion, of course.

Yes, Japanese is my last exam. Sorry for the late reply.

Speaking of Middle earth, this place really has turned! Aside from the giant Hobbit sculptures everywhere, there is a themed marketplace on the waterfront that is packed with people, and the local greenbelt, where Amon Hen and a few other scenes were filmed, is packed with tourists as well. I normally walk through for a bit of piece and quiet on the way to town, but that certainly isn't happening! On top of that, I've been able to shake hands with a number of cast members over the last few weeks. Because I have no chance of spelling all their names correctly, lets say I've met Legolas, Fili, Kili, and Frodo. Certainly exiting times indeed!

... And it turns out that they were giving out free hobbit sets as a promotion at the airport today! and school has got so pointless, they have run out of things to teach so while lego is being distributed free of charge I am sleaping in a class room with movies like the lion king playing in the background... :facepalm: sounds like your getting the better end of it though!

Hey, at least you get to watch movies in "college" Susan Jr! I'd take that any day. Of course if there were free sets involved, I would have skipped school ahead of time.

My TRU had 4 of the Hobbit sets on Saturday. They were all marked up in price, but the black Friday deals... On Saturday... Helped even the odds. I got unexpected gathering, Warg attack and Merkwood spiders all for about 10% off their "real" MSRP after all the discounts were applied. The unexpected gathering set is quite excellent for shizzle.

I got the Mirkwood Elves I ordered through TRU in the mail and picked up the Mirkwood Spider set at Walmart today. Love the Elf Polybag and am happy with the Spider set too. I want to get the Unexpected Gathering set but it is on my Christmas list

I also have finished two Varlyrio builds but my daughter let a friend borrow the camera so might have to wait a couple days to get them photographed!

Susan mini: School i srather pointless, exams are over and the teachers have nothing to teach so they play movies and I catch up on sleep. the only reason we aren't out yet is because the youngest year group have a "Shakespeare festival" that isn't done yet so school isn't over.

Susan: That sounds great! my guess is that they will pop up here tomorrow after the red carpet. I am going to busk every second day of Dec/Jan, I have a music festival I want to attend, will put some money aside for a tablet and then I am going to attempt to get enough money for Bag end, Mirkwood, Barrels if they have it. then enough money for some of the LOTR second wave...

... And it turns out that they were giving out free hobbit sets as a promotion at the airport today! and school has got so pointless, they have run out of things to teach so while lego is being distributed free of charge I am sleaping in a class room with movies like the lion king playing in the background... :facepalm: sounds like your getting the better end of it though!

You're kidding right!?!? Free Lego sets?!?!?!? I was literally outside the airport yesterday, I could have easily gone in. I'm kicking myself right now! ARHH!!!!!!

TRU is having buy one get one 50% off until Dec 1 Picked up a handful of Mirkwood Elves polybags (but they didn't have any of the Hobbit out yet)

You're kidding right!?!?

yes Zach I'm kidding that's why I posted it here :tongue:

Where are you all from in NZ? We'll probably be down there next summer; my wife just got accepted to give a speech at a conference in Melbourne in July 2013, and we'll probably visit my cousin in Wellington while we're down there. Actually I should check if there are any LEGO conventions in Oz or NZ next July or August :excited:

Just placed my 2:nd order in Plastic Bricks Direct! Many 1x1 round plates in trans clear and trans light blue.

Next time you need those 1 x 1 round plates (or trans-yellow, trans-red, lime, or orange), let me (or others with good access to PABs) know; they turn up quite a bit at the PAB walls near me. I sent Angeli a few cups of those over the summer. I think a PAB cup holds about 3000 of them, so that's about half a cent US each (plus shipping). Unfortunately, they never seem to have colors like tan, the grays, reddish brown, etc. :angry:

Next time you need those 1 x 1 round plates (or trans-yellow, trans-red, lime, or orange), let me (or others with good access to PABs) know; they turn up quite a bit at the PAB walls near me. I sent Angeli a few cups of those over the summer. I think a PAB cup holds about 3000 of them, so that's about half a cent US each (plus shipping). Unfortunately, they never seem to have colors like tan, the grays, reddish brown, etc. :angry:

Yeah the trans 1 x 1 are ALWAYS available in some color. It is insane how many I have.