Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

"Fabled? :laugh: I don't know why it would be, but you're right Lycan. It was almost two years ago. We were green and inexperienced, it was our first mission for Heroica. The Dragonlord had gone missing and we were sent out to find him. And we did, though we had to fight our way through the caves of Nathuz and the valley of Waldurk. Good times.

Funny thing, now that I think about it we did meet spiders on our way through the mountains back then, though it shouldn't really be surprising. We often think that humans are the most numerous race in Uland, but I promise you that spiders outnumber humans by far. I have met them in every Quest I have been on so far, and in every size you can think of. Mercutio only knows why they haven't yet tried to conquer us like the Proggs are doing." :sceptic:

Will we ever get to see this fabled quest? :look: I didn't know that Waldruk and Nathuz had ever been used. I think it'd be pretty interesting to see, unless some secrets still remain un-known to the public... or it's non-canon.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Will we ever get to see this fabled quest? :look: I didn't know that Waldruk and Nathuz had ever been used. I think it'd be pretty interesting to see, unless some secrets still remain un-known to the public... or it's non-canon.

I think it's a case of the story is canon, but the mechanics aren't. So to avoid confusion the quest hasn't been posted, but those involved are free to speak of it.

~CONTINUOUS BATTLE~

~ You will gain experience per every six enemies defeated, following the normal rules of scaled level-up.

Party:

Sir Christopher Daggerfall (Fred Fred Burger) Level 15

Cinna the Dark (darkdragon) Level 21

Hybros (JimButcher) Level 21 2/3

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman) Level 22

Tarn Valco (Rumble Strike) Level 17

Tesni Hightribe (Peppermint_M) Level 25 2/3

With up to 18 levels to be gained, there are going to be some powerful heroes by the end of this.

Chris could go from 15 to 22 2/3 and Tesni up to 31 2/3, probably the first player to go 30+

With up to 18 levels to be gained, there are going to be some powerful heroes by the end of this.

Chris could go from 15 to 22 2/3 and Tesni up to 31 2/3, probably the first player to go 30+

I was thinking the same thing, that Tesni would be the first character to be able to play as an expert class (if she has the rep). Although it would be 31.5, because you only gain a fourth of a level after level 30

I was thinking the same thing, that Tesni would be the first character to be able to play as an expert class (if she has the rep).

I think Tesni could be a Chi Monk, she already has good reputation with the Ji Pei.

I was thinking the same thing, that Tesni would be the first character to be able to play as an expert class (if she has the rep). Although it would be 31.5, because you only gain a fourth of a level after level 30

Well, she WAS almost the first one to 15... :wink:

Also, didn't Sandy cap the experience regression so that 1/3 level per fight was the lowest you could get?

And Pie, as I've said before, I consider Bric'bay "fuzzy canon", meaning everything happened, but no one has clear memories of it. Feel free to have the street run both ways. :wink:

Thalion,

I, uh, think I might recognize that woman. For the life of me, I can't remember where, but for the time being I think it'd be best if you acted as Party Leader, at least as far as speaking to these people. Don't worry, I'll take over again if we come into battle--just refer to me as the "Party Tactician" if it comes to it.

--Arthur

Is there a password to this/is it meant for public viewing? :look:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Obelix, gotta commend you for your dedication to the game already. It's looking like we'll be having another awesome player. Can't wait to see what Thalion has for us. He seems likable, and already has some nice dynamics with the other characters.

Obelix, gotta commend you for your dedication to the game already. It's looking like we'll be having another awesome player. Can't wait to see what Thalion has for us. He seems likable, and already has some nice dynamics with the other characters.

Indeed! I must admit that part of the reason I'm letting Thalion lead the group right now is for more chances to see him in action. :wink:

Once again I underestimated the power of a party. The remaining 102 Stars of Destiny won't go down that easily... :tongue:

Also, didn't Sandy cap the experience regression so that 1/3 level per fight was the lowest you could get?

Nope. The cap is 1/5 of a level.

heroicarules4-2.jpg

Well, maybe not it seems, being kill blocked affects my level progression?

I would love to go for beast warrior, so I need some wolfgang rep.

Pie, that is a gorgeous shot. :drool: I really like these NPCs, too, love the designs. :thumbup:

Pie, that is a gorgeous shot. :drool: I really like these NPCs, too, love the designs. :thumbup:

It worked, I was able to distract you from the crappy build. :grin: Thanks. There's a good chance these guys will appear in future Quests, too (assuming they survive this one).

The dwarf and the hobgoblin are the only ones that really seem like good targets based on what they drop, and I'd actually prefer the hobgoblin to fight on our side, since his abilities would compliment our own quite nicely. :grin: The captain isn't THAT strong, but her Special is nasty, and 40 Gold is just not worth it. :tongue:

EDIT: Man, that goblin speech is tough to translate. Here's what I have so far:

He seems pleasantly surprised to being questioned about his past, as well as the fact that Arthur has a clue what he's saying.

8004591584_bd2a0470e0_t.jpg

"Well, I hail from Goboia. Ef to make my fortune, but I've found nothing but misfortune with them....but my problems are not fewawy mawf youwf, forgive my ramblings. I was fwamem in Eubric, and mawy here ifwik my wafe, and this impediment makes it no better. Momefhewef, Illdria finds my skills in navigation quife useful, so as long as I continue to pull my weight, I am welcome am I am pai weww. Uf faw I have found no reason 'o abamom hew o' the Magpie."

Edited by Flipz

Thanks, Skyrimguy. :grin:

"Well, I hail from Goboia. Ef to make my fortune, but I've found nothing but misfortune with them....but my problems are not fewawy much use, forgive my ramblings. I was fwamem (foreign?) in Eubric, and many here dislike my race, and this impediment makes it no better. Momefhewef, Illdria finds my skills in navigation quife useful, so as long as I continue to pull my weight, I am welcome and I am paid well. Thus far I have found no reason to abandon crew of the Magpie."

EDIT: more additions--I'll figure out how this guy talks if it's the last thing I do! :tongue:

Edited by Flipz

Innovation = good, 48ers. :tongue: Maybe we'll get to the trial's end tonight!

Innovation = good, 48ers. :tongue: Maybe we'll get to the trial's end tonight!

Unless you go to bed before I can give you next-round's actions we will!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

...And of course, it only figures you get the best friggin' roll. :facepalm:

Several minutes pass, and suddenly, he feels a tug on the line, and quickly yanks it out of the water. Hooked on the end is what seems to be a soaked, dank rag, until he gets a better look at it.

8004588775_64e0d96525_t.jpgCloak of Deception - (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/4 chance to be redirected to a random opponent, backwear.)

:oh: ...this is going to be one hard loot distribution. (Begins running basic calculations when coupled with the Staff of the Cultist Battlemage...) Best 20 Gold I've ever spent!

Hmm, these dice rolls almost make up for that rotten streak of luck in Dastan. :grin:

EDIT: Oh, man, I really want to see Alexandre wearing this while Hastened, using the Staff of the Cultist Battlemage, and wearing Counterstrike Gloves, he'd be a friggin' tank! Just imagine, SP:13, first attack ignores SP (since he'd use the Sword of the Elven Blademaster for that strike), then he'd take the first two Free Hits: there's a 3/8 chance that at least one would miss him altogether and hit an opponent instead, IF they hit they'd be halved, IF they hit he'd counterstrike, and IF they somehow KO'd him there'd still be a 50-50 chance he'd Flee the battle instead. :devil:

Edited by Flipz

Edited it to a 1/6 chance, I only noticed the typo once you quoted it. Sorry. :blush: Still cannot believe you made that roll, though.

Unless you go to bed before I can give you next-round's actions we will!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Me? Sleep?? Prepostrous! :tongue:

That is a really neat item, CallMePie. Alexandre better not get a hold of it - balancing for him is a bit of a toughie already. :blush:

Doc, is the Cloak of the Blue Assassin bodywear or backwear? If it's the former, De'kra can wear both it and the Cloak of Deception in one more battle, but if it's the latter I'll loan the Cloak of Deception to Barur and ask Barur to let De'kra wear the Ancient Crown (and try to Nostrum up De'kra so we have a shot at applying the Cursed-effect to all the enemies :grin: ).

...I think the cloak might be a combination backwear and headwear, but it has been a while. I really need to find a better source of SP that still seems Roguish.