Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Ska, looks like you've got some good ideas there, and a stadium for the University? :thumbup: I never would have thought of something like that! The seven wonders of Historica... :wub: I'm sure I wouldn't be able to make anything that big (building that 52x52 was hard enough!), but it would be awesome to see some huge builds!

EDIT: Actually, that might be a pretty epic contest in its own right. Maybe 6 months after the final challenge, we could have a due date for a "7 Wonders of Historica" challenge. With 6 months, some monstrous man made creations could be created. Colossus? Pantheon? Giant Pyramid of Kaliphlin? We could set the parameters that the creation had to be absolutely epic.

That's a great idea for a contest! I'd say have two categories: epic minifig scale MOCs and smaller, microscale MOCs. That way people without many bricks can still compete in the microscale category. I'd be willing to help with the prizes; I've usually got some sets lying around that I picked on clearance somewhere...

With this, I am officially staking a claim on a site on the South side of the island in the lake in the Qar-Arkhen river.

It's yours! I will put something on the detailed map for that area. Do you want to name the island and/or lake? I don't think anyone else has, and it's your prerogative as the first builder there.

In August, I was most of the way through reviewing all our MOCs and putting their locations on the maps when applicable, and then work kicked in this fall, and I never finished. I should get back to that and get new versions out. I'll review the Challenge V MOCs for locations too, and hopefully get some new maps out soon.

Just posted my university entry: link

I've been making good progress on my Varlyrio entry and I think it may be my best MOC yet....

@skaforhire - That contest sounds really cool!

I've been making good progress on my Varlyrio entry and I think it may be my best MOC yet....

I'm feeling the same, maybe I'm better (or think I'm better) building houses than temples? Should be done on Monday. :classic:

I hit a snag with my innital design for my NOMEA build, but have acquired a fourth 2x2 pearl gold duplo brick and am back in business. I will also be working on Visiting Herbologists this week. Photography may take some time, though. I may have to set up at my church's gathering hall after Thanksgiving.

I finished my Varlyrio MOC yesterday. Now I just have to photograph it. I also came up with another idea for the University. Lets see if I can find time to build it. And I think this might be my 500th post! :sweet:

Also has anyone built the gates of Qarkar? From my understanding Qarkar is Kaliphlin's fortified city and I'm thinking my pieces might fit in better there than Barqa. One of the reasons I was at a slump with Barqa is that I kept thinking on fortifications and Barqa is more of a merchant city.

@MK (I see you've changed your name, but it's nice that the initials still work :grin: ), congrats on you knighthood! As far as I know no one has build (anything really), but certaily not the gates or Quaker, but of course I haven't been here too long! :classic:

@MK (I see you've changed your name, but it's nice that the initials still work :grin: ), congrats on you knighthood!

Thanks! All my aliases got to have the M&K :laugh:

Thanks! All my aliases got to have the M&K :laugh:

:laugh: (And congrats on your knighthood... :wall: )

And here is my Valaryio Challenge Entry: (click-picture-topic)

8199151793_5394ef8dde_m.jpg

Brothers and sisters from Kaliphlin (and those minor other places around Historica), Lord Damaximus is really busy studying at the University of Petraea (and the life beyond it :grin: ), so sorry for the long absence :cry_sad:

It feels like an eternity for me and I fear the next month won't be better :sceptic:

But then the exams will start again and then I got plenty time for bricking and building :laugh:

Maybe a strange question, but can someone please make a quick review of what happened during the past month? :classic:

Glad to see you again DaMaximus!

Maybe a strange question, but can someone please make a quick review of what happened during the past month? :classic:

Let's see - Challenge V was the main thing, of course, DC came back (briefly at least) and build twice for Avalonia - I have a feeling he'll have another one soon - there have been probably around 5 Petraea University builds (more, probably, I did three myself), there was a fifth guild challenge (though you were still here for that right?) and Mikey B's Valaryio won, so he made a Valaryio Challenge (which I just entered), some talk has been made about a thread for our sig-figs to talk (I really can't say where that stands), Legonardo has made a mountain of free builds, I'm doing a story for my sig-fig, who is travelling throughout Historica - and, well I'm bound to have forgotten something(s), MK has changed his name because his sig-fig is missing (just FYI, I have no plans, ever, to kill or otherwise get rid of my sig-fig), and IDK what else but I'm sure I'm missing something... :grin:

MK has changed his name because his sig-fig is missing

I'm still waiting to find out how the Alleenridders expedition went to pursue Mikel Kalores story further. :wink: So in the meantime I decided to create a new character, Masa, who has no titles, no responsibilities, and is quite adaptable (and also has a few special powers maybe a bit like Prince of Persia? I have to tie those awesome Ninjago NRG minifigs in somehow :tongue: )

I'm still waiting to find out how the Alleenridders expedition went to pursue Mikel Kalores story further. :wink: So in the meantime I decided to create a new character, Masa, who has no titles, no responsibilities, and is quite adaptable (and also has a few special powers maybe a bit like Prince of Persia? I have to tie those awesome Ninjago NRG minifigs in somehow :tongue: )

I was taken aback by the name change! haha. I like the NRG figs, but I can't justify buying them at around $10 a pop, and the sets just don't do much for me :( Is anyone getting these things cheap, and how? Good to see DaMax resurface, I hope the studying is going well.

I am hoping to get a few builds out before C VI is announced. I can't promise anything, but I think I may be able to squeeze in at least one University Build.

And for those of you in the US, happy thanksgiving day!

Happy thanksgiving to you too! :grin:

On another note, I have three builds almost completely done plus two for the advent calender, so I've been buisy this week... though I probably won't get them photographed until saturday (possibly even monday...)

So, I started a castle/keep on a 64x80 base way back in late August before my wife had her medical issues. I think that it is finally about done. I just have to put in the figs and some daily life items and it will be posted. Plus I just got 5 Mirkwood Elves to help arm the keep. It is located in the heart of the Withered Woods, and the actions in the build will have major implications on the life of my sigfig.....

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

So, I started a castle/keep on a 64x80 base way back in late August before my wife had her medical issues. I think that it is finally about done. I just have to put in the figs and some daily life items and it will be posted. Plus I just got 5 Mirkwood Elves to help arm the keep. It is located in the heart of the Withered Woods, and the actions in the build will have major implications on the life of my sigfig.....

Awesome, I've been wanting to see a good sized castle for a while! :thumbup: And 64x80... that's big! Can't wait to see it! :sweet:

Happy Turkey Day to all of you, even if you are not in the USA - I give thanks for the good AFOL friends that we all have here.

Happy Turkey Day to all of you, even if you are not in the USA - I give thanks for the good AFOL friends that we all have here.

to you too! :classic:

I guess now that I look at it I do see you guys somewhat as friends, even though the only one I have actually met in person is Zach.

thanks to everyone for making EB/GOH fun and enjoyable, if it wearn't fo ryou guys and your awesome feedback, ideas and builds, along with the role-play story telling that has begun to catch on I would probably get bored with LEGO and have much more money... :laugh:

Ok, thx Kai Nrg for the update! :D

@all, this weekend, it is Brickmania in Antwerp, my first Lego-event I attend (I really like being crew :D ). Due the moving and working and studying and so on, I had not the time to make something to represent GoH :(

A few of the buildings of Mpya Stedor are used in the (Modern) City-lay-out as a touristic attraction :D

But I really feel the energy thanks to this event again to continue with my project! (I also reserved a spot for Brick Tricks in Tielt (Februari), so I have to complete at least a part of the city :D )

I've done one more Petraea University build now, (click-picture-topic):

8220985759_d85ce62098_m.jpg

And the next part of my story is up (more action, as requested - even if it doesn't look like it from this picture! :grin: )

8223893854_ae908f91af_m.jpg

So, I started a castle/keep on a 64x80 base way back in late August before my wife had her medical issues. I think that it is finally about done.

Still waiting 'fingers drumming' :sweet:

@ Kai, nice vigs. I commented more in their topics.

Sorry for the double post but I encountered a question while doing some background research on an upcoming MOC (I'm working on The Hitchhikers Guide to the Greater Siccus Badlands again however when you see the MOC you may wonder how this question is relevent :laugh: but it is). How far is it from Petraea to Qarkyr? How many days would it take for a character to walk (not ride)? Silly question but I seem to have misplaced the map with the mile markers on it.