Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

My quest leaves December 21 no matter who is signed on.

Surprise, surprise. :tongue:

...I like Jun. I don;t know why, but he seems nice. Though I suggest only raining destruction minimally. That way your enemies can;t figure out how powerful your weapons are. Instead use the ships sparingly, maybe have them hover over an enemy city, not destroying anything, but letting them know you could if you want too. Make them fear you.

Hmm, one month to kill 108 enemies.

*cracks knuckles*

Lets get to bashing.

Uh oh, this means I have to be busy with this quest. :tongue: There shouldn't be too long breaks, except the 30th of November through 2nd of December, when I am at a wedding out of town. Otherwise I'll be online every day.

I like Jun, too. Mostly because that Tao Warrior class is awesome. It will be challenging to control him, because his class raises the stakes. Double the risk for double the payoff. Luckily he has that armor, though. :drool:

I also like how even the class itself hints at a theme between light and darkness.

...maybe have them hover over an enemy city, not destroying anything, but letting them know you could if you want too. Make them fear you.

You are kinda scary. :look:

except the 30th of November through 2nd of December, when I am at a wedding out of town. Otherwise I'll be online every day.

No weddings during mafia!!!

Oh wait...this is Heroica. Carry on.

No, seriously, wasn't blaming you! I've had similar things happen, and you didn't do anything wrong (who can predict computer issues? No one). I'm just getting antsy with Nyx, Skrall and Atramor gone. I want them. :tongue:

Sorry busy day, plus Skrall lost on the Orc and could kind of care less about the human. He's still keeping his eye on the gnome though.

Sorry busy day, plus Skrall lost on the Orc and could kind of care less about the human. He's still keeping his eye on the gnome though.

I think he means for the Wren Quest.

I think he means for the Wren Quest.

That makes more sense, now that I think about it. :tongue: And Scuba, don't worry too much about the delay, we all have computer issues at some point.

I apologize if Arthur's a bit bitchy for the next few days, I've had a horrible week IRL and I'm too exhausted at this point to keep it from bleeding into my character. Also, the holidays sort of suck in general for me, so that's not exactly improving my mood. :sceptic: Word of advice, Pie: if you plan on introducing any recurring NPCs in the next few days, you may want to make substitutions. Unless you want an NPC death count to match the Dastan Quests. Just saying. :tongue:

I'm not asking for sympathy or anything, but I kind of am at the same time, so... :blush:

You are kinda scary. :look:

What, that? That was mild. You don't even want to know where my mind is going at this point...

It's fine, those NPCs were designed to be aggravating. The next ones you meet shouldn't be as annoying. :grin:

What, that? That was mild. You don't even want to know where my mind is going at this point...

You are probably correct.

I apologize if Arthur's a bit bitchy for the next few days, I've had a horrible week IRL and I'm too exhausted at this point to keep it from bleeding into my character. Also, the holidays sort of suck in general for me, so that's not exactly improving my mood. :sceptic: Word of advice, Pie: if you plan on introducing any recurring NPCs in the next few days, you may want to make substitutions. Unless you want an NPC death count to match the Dastan Quests. Just saying. :tongue:

I'm not asking for sympathy or anything, but I kind of am at the same time, so... :blush:

...I wonder if this will develop De'kra into a Morality Chain of some sort for Arthur. In other news I know who my second character will be, at least if I understand things right. Its still a long way off though.

...I wonder if this will develop De'kra into a Morality Chain of some sort for Arthur.

De'kra's always been a Morality Chain for Arthur, he's just never realized it yet. :tongue:

EDIT:

Arthur: taking Kleptomanic Hero to a new level since 2012. :tongue:

Edited by Flipz

~CONTINUOUS BATTLE~

~ Once you step inside the pagoda, you will engage in one, continuous battle with the 108 enemies waiting inside. Basically, everything you do will be played out in turns and rounds.

~ You will gain experience per every six enemies defeated, following the normal rules of scaled level-up.

~ You move through the rooms during the battle, but switching rooms costs a turn. Enemies may move with you, spending their free hit in the process. The party is allowed to split up, with some fighting in one room and some in another.

~ Investigating something costs a turn, as well. If you find an item, it will be added to your inventory. There are many secrets to find, and some enemies will be hiding as well, so you need to investigate the surroundings (portrayed in pictures, to help you out).

~ When an enemy is defeated, the hero who dealt the final blow will get the dropped items. Items can be traded like in the normal rules, by both the giver and the recipient spending a turn.

~ Because the battle won't end before you are out of the pagoda, special rules apply to job traits and positive effects.

~ Job traits: Animal Talk, Diplomacy, Flee, Intimidation and Track Down all cost a turn to use. Healing and Spellcasting do not work, instead you need to do them as battle actions (casting a spell on an inanimate object and rolling 5 or 6 will result in a miss). Natural Respite does not work at all, and bedrolls cannot be used.

~ Positive effects last for 10 rounds before they need to be reapplied. Negative effects will last as depicted in the rules.

~ If a hero is knocked out, the body will remain in the room it happened in until it is revived. They will not gain experience from the enemies defeated while unconscious. Petrified enemies cannot move, either, but they will gain experience.

~ If the party or a hero flees, they will find themselves outside the pagoda and out of the battle. Rejoining the battle is as easy as returning inside.

~ The battle ends when either all enemies or all heroes have been defeated.

~ Talking is free, so you can speak with the other party members or the enemies during the battle.

Any questions? Is there something I still need to clarify about this system?

:drool:

...but once again I find that my ideas have already been done--and done better than I could--before I can even pitch them... :hmpf_bad::tongue:

Etzel, we'd better be back before December 21! :tongue:

I'm pretty sure we will be.

But without the help of magic compasses :tongue:

What is the use of the wanted posters made by Zepher and posted in the Hall?? They is used as a prelude for Zepher's quest???

I'm going to make a guess now (and this is something that Arthur would not have picked up on, incidentally), but with regards to those posters, I'm pretty sure that one of those posters will be for

Johnny Everyman

What is the use of the wanted posters made by Zepher and posted in the Hall?? They is used as a prelude for Zepher's quest???

They're just cool figures that I made and want to show off. They'll never ever be referenced again.

:tongue: No, they are indeed NPCs for my quest. They, and the Town Watch hanging them, are the only New NPC appearing who haven't already been in a quest, so to save time once the quest starts, I'm letting people know a bit about them before the quest begins. I'm also trying to throw those stuck in the Hall who want to role-play a bone - it would give folks something to talk about, if they wanted! And certainly once Quest 44ers and Wren Questers are in the Hall, they'd react.