Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest #50: 108 Stars of Destiny

"Ah yeah, focus, I can see how that would help. I have to practice focus myself, weilding the power of the elements is never a good thing with an unfocused mind. I've seen some pretty bad accidents back in training, but fortunately that's what training is for and we had a cleric to help us. I don't actually have a sword yet, or any knight equipment." Cinna blushes slightly, talking to the mighty warrior while she herself has nothing for bashing enemies. "I'm sure if I'm meant to have a sword, one will find me. That's the way of destiny after all."

She smiles and then pulls out and consumees a smelling salts in preparation for the battle ahead.

Tesni took a smelling salt herself, it seemed a good idea if they really were to face so many enemies. "A sword certainly finds you. All three of mine have a story behind them. It is a bond not to take lightly, well, not by my thinking anyway. A sword is a partner not a tool."

Hybros nodded and sat down with his back against a rock. Speaking to Jun, he asked. "So what is like for you back home? You are very well connected with nature, it seems... eheh, yet you are no stranger to technology, seeing your airship."

heroicanpc-jun.jpg

"You're very perceptive, Hybros. The technology is all thanks to Mr. Legonardo, the inventor under my mother's employment. We Aoi have researched the laws of nature for as long as anyone can remember, but even our knowledge pales in comparison to that of Mr. Legonardo. Nobody knows where he came from, but I have him to thank for my eyesight. I was born blind, you see. Something to do with my parents being second cousins... There's not many of us Aoi left anymore. Once we were the greatest nation in the whole of Olegaia, but those times are long gone... The bordering nations are constantly trying to invade Xu, and I hate to admit but we are losing the fight. Even as we speak, the Xu military are fighting back nagas in the South-East. I hope one day we can use Mr. Legonardo's magnificent inventions to restore Xu to its former glory. Just picture a whole fleet of flying ships filling the sky and raining destruction to their enemies below. Only the dragons of you Dastanese could hold a candle to that!"

As the driven young aoi speaks, fervor seeps through his every word.

"But how can I even dream of helping Xu when I'm half the world away in Eubric Freeport, being pampered by my over-protective mother? I am a warrior, dammit, not a powdered courtier! My mother is a diplomat, you see, and she believes peace is the way to civilization or some shit like that. I am a trained Tao Warrior, but to her I could very well still be wearing a diaper between my legs. I guess that's one of the reasons I left for this foolhardy quest - to show her that the path of the blade is my way. And dammit, I will vanquish those 108 rats or die trying!"

QM Note: You have about 17 hours to make your preparations, before the action starts. Let me warn you; I'm trying some completely new game mechanics with this quest, so rest assured that you will have a long and hard climb up that tower ahead of you. :wink:

"You're very perceptive, Hybros. The technology is all thanks to Mr. Legonardo, the inventor under my mother's employment. We Aoi have researched the laws of nature for as long as anyone can remember, but even our knowledge pales in comparison to that of Mr. Legonardo. Nobody knows where he came from, but I have him to thank for my eyesight. I was born blind, you see. Something to do with my parents being second cousins... There's not many of us Aoi left anymore. Once we were the greatest nation in the whole of Olegaia, but those times are long gone... The bordering nations are constantly trying to invade Xu, and I hate to admit but we are losing the fight. Even as we speak, the Xu military are fighting back nagas in the South-East. I hope one day we can use Mr. Legonardo's magnificent inventions to restore Xu to its former glory. Just picture a whole fleet of flying ships filling the sky and raining destruction to their enemies below. Only the dragons of you Dastanese could hold a candle to that!"

"I see... very interesting." Hybros contemplated the harmony of nature and technology the Ji Pei seemed to wield, and took note. "Perhaps the Free Islands present an opportunity for you, as it did for me once... a long time ago. I... too... was trying to protect my homeland..." Hybros looked up at the darkening sky, feeling a sort of kinship between himself and the young Ji Pei. Not something he felt very often with anyone. "If we have nothing to call our own, then who are we?"

"But how can I even dream of helping Xu when I'm half the world away in Eubric Freeport, being pampered by my over-protective mother? I am a warrior, dammit, not a powdered courtier! My mother is a diplomat, you see, and she believes peace is the way to civilization or some shit like that. I am a trained Tao Warrior, but to her I could very well still be wearing a diaper between my legs. I guess that's one of the reasons I left for this foolhardy quest - to show her that the path of the blade is my way. And dammit, I will vanquish those 108 rats or die trying!"

"...then perhaps you will prove to her that you do not need her watching your every move. We will do our best to help, just as long as we get our share of the loot, hehehe" he said, trying to lighten the mood. As he sipped on his Nostrum, he offered another one to Jun. "We have a long journey ahead of us. You better have something to drink, eheh..."

Tarn listened to the young aoi's impassioned outburst, and was curious. "Jun, could you tell us what you learned of the teachings of the Tao Warriors?"

Tesni listened in, she as most interested to discover how to dual wield blades such as the Tao Warrior did. While the loss of shield might be a problem, to carry Drwy and Cysgodion into the fray and all three work as one, that would be an experience most impressive.

"Ahem, Sir Christopher, I see you have a pair of Winged Sandals that you're not using, may I borrow those?"

"Certainly" said Chris giving her the Winged Sandels. "Does anyone have any sort of smelling salt, nostrum, or mead they'd be willing to give me

, or maybe trade for a fire bomb or potion.

I spent all my gold on a dimond and shield upgrade, probably short sighted but you know how shiny those things are." Chris said with a smirk.

"I just don't want to be useless in the upcoming battle." he finished.

He sat down next to Jun "I'm Chris, as I failed to introduce myself earlier. So tell us more about the rest of your family? You said they are currently in Eubric."

Edited by Fred Fred Burger

As he sipped on his Nostrum, he offered another one to Jun. "We have a long journey ahead of us. You better have something to drink, eheh..."

heroicanpc-jun.jpg

"I have to politely decline, for it does not have an effect on me. You see, these enchanted pauldrons make me immune to all effects, both good and bad."

Tarn listened to the young aoi's impassioned outburst, and was curious. "Jun, could you tell us what you learned of the teachings of the Tao Warriors?"

heroicanpc-jun.jpg

"The teachings of the way of Tao begin with the idea that there is both good and evil potential in each of us, and by harnessing both potentials, you can be stronger than anyone. It is all about balancing it. Too much good, and compassion will cloud your judgment. Too much evil, and you become cruel and spiteful. Finding what's there in the middle is the key. Wielding two blades at once has that symbolic meaning as well."

He sat down next to Jun "I'm Chris, as I failed to introduce myself earlier. So tell us more about the rest of your family? You said they are currently in Eubric."

heroicanpc-jun.jpg

"May our blades sing together, Chris. My mother is the only family I have left, and she is indeed in Eubric. She does have her bodyguard by her side who she considers family, but I don't want to talk about that guy..."

Then the aoi glances at the sky.

"Oh look, the sky is darkening. We better get moving."

The heroes and their new-found companion continue along the mountain path that encircles the valley, until they come to the Pagoda of Nine Elements. Standing at the foot of the sky-scraping tower, the heroes can feel how daunting their task will be. Numerous ether lanterns illuminate the tower with an eerie light. Noise and music can be heard from inside, but there's nothing moving on the outskirts.

heroicaquest50-pagoda4.jpg

heroicanpc-jun.jpg

"No guards. Not surprising, considering that every living soul inside that tower is a skillful warrior. Is everyone prepared to go in?"

QM Note: You still have about 8 hours to prepare yourselves. It is time to go over the special rules related to this quest now:

~CONTINUOUS BATTLE~

~ Once you step inside the pagoda, you will engage in one, continuous battle with the 108 enemies waiting inside. Basically, everything you do will be played out in turns and rounds.

~ You will gain experience per every six enemies defeated, following the normal rules of scaled level-up.

~ You move through the rooms during the battle, but switching rooms costs a turn. Enemies may move with you, spending their free hit in the process. The party is allowed to split up, with some fighting in one room and some in another.

~ Investigating something costs a turn, as well. If you find an item, it will be added to your inventory. There are many secrets to find, and some enemies will be hiding as well, so you need to investigate the surroundings (portrayed in pictures, to help you out).

~ When an enemy is defeated, the hero who dealt the final blow will get the dropped items. Items can be traded like in the normal rules, by both the giver and the recipient spending a turn.

~ Because the battle won't end before you are out of the pagoda, special rules apply to job traits and positive effects.

~ Job traits: Animal Talk, Diplomacy, Flee, Intimidation and Track Down all cost a turn to use. Healing and Spellcasting do not work, instead you need to do them as battle actions (casting a spell on an inanimate object and rolling 5 or 6 will result in a miss). Natural Respite does not work at all, and bedrolls cannot be used.

~ Positive effects last for 10 rounds before they need to be reapplied. Negative effects will last as depicted in the rules.

~ If a hero is knocked out, the body will remain in the room it happened in until it is revived. They will not gain experience from the enemies defeated while unconscious. Petrified enemies cannot move, either, but they will gain experience.

~ If the party or a hero flees, they will find themselves outside the pagoda and out of the battle. Rejoining the battle is as easy as returning inside.

~ The battle ends when either all enemies or all heroes have been defeated.

~ Talking is free, so you can speak with the other party members or the enemies during the battle.

Any questions? Is there something I still need to clarify about this system?

Party:

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall (Fred Fred Burger)

27 years old male human Paladin

Level 15
*Immune to Weakened*

Power:
(15+11+2+1)

Defense:
(5+4)

Health:
35/35
(10+14+11)

Ether:
18/18
(1+15+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Sunspear (WP:11,
light
-elemental, inflicts weakened-effect; halberd), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect), Paladin's Armor (SP:4, Max. Ether +2)

Inventory:
3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

7799445022_26c70f4173_o.jpg

Cinna the Dark (darkdragon)

19 years old female human Mystic Knight

Level 21
*Immune to
Fire
*Hastened for 10 rounds*

Power:
(21+15+1+1)

Defense:
(2+1)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+7+1)

Ether:
27/27
(5+20+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mauryl (WP:15, ranged), Aurora Helmet (SP:2, immune to
fire
), High Heels (Power +1, suitable for women; footwear), Anniversary Medal:Y1 (+1 to all stats per year; accessory)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5), Pointy Hat (Max. Ether +2, suitable for mages and clerics; headwear), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Emerald (
Wood
), Diamond (
Light
), Scroll of Sleep, 6 Grand Potions, 3 Grand Tonics, 6 Remedies, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, 4 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Soma, 2 Deadly Venoms, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, 3 Bones

7173335030_b2b9e10fb7_z.jpg

Hybros (JimButcher)
***Party Leader***

50-year-old male imp Assassin

Level 21 2/3
*Hastened*
*Immune to Cursed*
*Lucky for 10 rounds*

Power:
(21+15)

Defense:

Health:
33/33
(7+20+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:15,
earth
-elemental), Golden Armor (user is permanently hastened and cursed; bodywear), Blessed Amulet (protects from cursed-effect; accessory)

Inventory:
Clock Cog (WP: 14, retrievable), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), Throwing Knife (WP:8, retrievable), Throwing Knife (WP:8, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 8, retrievable), Emerald (
Wood
), 15 Potions, 14 Grand Potions, 25 Health Cores, 10 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 14 Nostrums, 2 Meads, Smelling Salts, Bedroll, Shovel, Skeleton Decoy, Bone

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpg

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

1337 years old female Fenarian Evoker

Level 22
*Immune to Sealing,
Bound and Slowed

Power
: 34
(22+12)

Defence
: 8
(5+3)

Health
: 29/29
(5+21+3)

Ether
: 33/33
(5+21+1+1+5)

Gold
: 54

Equipment
: Staff of the Necromancer (WP:12; damages undead; +1 level to raised undead; staff), Fanged Helm (SP:5, headwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, immune to Sealing, bodywear),
Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects)

Inventory
: Pheles Rod (WP:20; grants permanent Aura, doubling the user’s max. health but making all enemy attacks hit the user; staff), Snake Staff (WP:12), Shiny Dagger (WP:10), Bone Staff (WP:3), Amethyst, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, 4 Potions, Tonic, 2 Grand Tonics, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 4 Meads, 5 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrums, Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, Flash Bomb, Bedroll

Spirits
: Battle Angel (
Light
), Xut the Daemon (
Darkness
), Raiju the Raiju (
Lightning
), Ni the Shrubbery (
Wood
), Mark the Ice Cube Tray (
Ice
), Clay Golem (
Earth
), unknown (
Fire
), unknown (
Wind
)

7991957412_cb057243a6_o.jpg

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

22 year old human male Berserker

Level 17
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Fragile*

Power
: 31
(17+13+1)

Defense
: 11
(5+5+1)

Health
(7+16+10)

Gold

Equipment
: Lion’s Heart (Sword, WP: 13, Suitable for Barbarians and Knights,
Stuns
target on successful hits), Shield (SP: 5), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, suitable for Barbarians and Knights, protects from fragile-effect; bodywear), Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear)

Inventory
: Helbaerend (WP: 10;
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade: Grand Potion; axe), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6), Sand Worm Hide (SP: 2; bodywear), Scroll of Weakening, Shovel, Pickaxe, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)

gallery_4757_182_2350.jpg

Tesni Hightribe
(
Peppermint_M)

22 years old female human Berserker

Level 25 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Afraid*
*Hastened for 10 rounds*

Power
: 46
(25+14+3+4?)

Defense
: 12
(6+2+4)

Health
: 44/44
(8+24+10+2)

Gold
: 805

Equipped
: Dryw ar Zoot (WP:14,
light
-elemental; longsword), Sir Roderick’s Shield (SP:6, Immunity to Afraid), Bone Claws(WP:3, SP:2; handwear), Dragon Bone Armor (SP:4, Max. Health +2; bodywear)

Inventory
: Cysgodion (WP:11,
darkness
-elemental; greatsword), Mellt (WP:10,
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental; hammer), Spiked Club (WP:8), Cryfder (WP:6), Sir Roderick’s Shield (SP: 6, immunity to afraid), 2 Potions, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 5 Venoms, 2 Meads, 3 Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Soma, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Minimizing Dust

heroicanpc-jun.jpg

Jun Ji Pei
(NPC, controlled by JimButcher)

26 years old male aoi Tao Warrior

Level 15
*Immune to
Fire
Ice
Lightning
Water
Earth
Wind
Wood
and all Effects*

Power
: 30 & 30
(15+15 & 15+15)

Defense
: 5

Health
: 39/39
(25+14)

Gold
: 0

Equipment
: Jindao (WP:15,
lightning
-elemental longsword), Yindao (WP:15,
ice
-elemental longsword), Huanglong Pauldrons (SP:5; immunity to all effects; bodywear)

Inventory
: Grand Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence

Namyrra drinks a Nostrum, a Mead and a Smelling salts.

"Sir Christopher, here, have a mead on me."

(OoC: ahem, you've given Tesni the Winged Sandals, Namyrra was the one who borrowed them. :wink:)

(OoC: and one corner-case rule clarification, might have been answered before: Does an encouraged summoned spirit deal double damage on summon burst? We have after all established that summon spirits can be encouraged by a berserker's war cry, and that the evoker being encouraged doesn't affect the damage dealt on summon burst, so will the spirit being encouraged help then? :tongue:)

(How about being locked in to an enemy, does that still count to regular rules? Oh, and switching weapon, say I use Dryw for holy but then face a water element and take out my warhammer...)

"My glory await us all friends. This test of strength is a good one."

"We shall walk out of here victorious!" said Tarn confidently to the others as they gazed up at the imposing Pagoda. Inside, he was lamenting his lack of consumables.

OOC: The rules make sense to me. They're very similar to the Battle for Dastan's rules, after all. :wink: Just one clarification, heroes gain experience for every enemy they defeat personally, or every hero gains experience for every six enemies defeated no matter what?

Hybros nodded. He was as ready as he'd ever be, so he prepared to enter the pagoda. Noticing that Tarn was the only one who hadn't readied himself somehow, Hybros said, "I am not sure what enemies we will be facing inside, but if the need presents it self, then perhaps you will need something to drink later on, eheh..."

"Like Chris, I am afraid I spent all my gold on heavy armour and this wicked-looking horned hat. I would appreciate a Smelling Salts if you have a spare one, as I may be able to Encourage us all in battle, and a Nostrum would mean that I would keep doing it."

"Like Chris, I am afraid I spent all my gold on heavy armour and this wicked-looking horned hat. I would appreciate a Smelling Salts if you have a spare one, as I may be able to Encourage us all in battle, and a Nostrum would mean that I would keep doing it."

"Alright, here take this." Hybros pulls his last jar of Smelling Salts from his pack, handing it to Tarn. "I have no further use for these, eheh..."

He then steps over to the door and inspects it for traps before entering.

QM Note: Sorry, my time evaluation sucks! :tongue: But the battle begins now, finally!

(OoC: ahem, you've given Tesni the Winged Sandals, Namyrra was the one who borrowed them. :wink:)

(OoC: and one corner-case rule clarification, might have been answered before: Does an encouraged summoned spirit deal double damage on summon burst? We have after all established that summon spirits can be encouraged by a berserker's war cry, and that the evoker being encouraged doesn't affect the damage dealt on summon burst, so will the spirit being encouraged help then? :tongue:)

QM Note: Oops! Sorry about that... The sandals are now on their correct owner. And yes, you can encourage your spirit, in which case it will deal double damage.

(How about being locked in to an enemy, does that still count to regular rules? Oh, and switching weapon, say I use Dryw for holy but then face a water element and take out my warhammer...)

QM Note: Sorry, but you are still a Berserker, so you still have to defeat your target before you can move onto another one. And switching weapons can be done without spending a turn, as always.

OOC: The rules make sense to me. They're very similar to the Battle for Dastan's rules, after all. :wink: Just one clarification, heroes gain experience for every enemy they defeat personally, or every hero gains experience for every six enemies defeated no matter what?

QM Note: Yeah, I guess I was a bit inspired by the Dastan battle... :grin: As for the second question, all heroes will gain experience per every six enemies defeated in total, unless they are knocked out. The items will go to the one who delivered the final blow, though.

The heroes felt ready to enter the pagoda. Hybros even checked the doors to ensure they weren't booby-trapped, but he found nothing strange about it. The doors weren't even bolted or locked. These bandits must be really confident about themselves...

heroicaquest50-pagoda5.jpg

heroicanpc-jun.jpg

"Draw your blades!" Jun barked as he swung the doors open and rushed in. The heroes followed swiftly.

They found themselves at the expansive entrance hall that had rows of black and white pillars built along the entire width of the room. There were doors on both ends of the hall, one to the right and one to the left. Six bandits rushed from amongst the pillars to face the intruding heroes. In the blink of an eye they were swept into a battle that would last until every last one of the 108 Stars of Destiny was defeated.

heroicaquest50-entrancehall.jpg

PREPARE FOR CONTINUOUS BATTLE!

Enemies:

heroicaquest50-star-featherlessarrow.jpg

Featherless Arrow
(16
th
Star) – Location: Entrance Hall

Type: Humanoid

Level: 15

Health: 145/145

Special:
Rapid Shot
– Featherless Arrow shoots the target twice in a row, dealing 15 damage with both hits.

Drops: Oriental Crossbow (WP:7; crossbow), Star Coin

Note: Featherless Arrow fights from the back row, so all non-ranged attacks will do half damage to him, while his attacks do full damage to heroes in back row.

heroicaquest50-star-goldenhairedhound.jpg

Golden-haired Hound
(108
th

Level: 24

Health: 281/281

Special:
Who Let the Dogs Out?
– Causes enamored-effect to the target.

Drops: Elixir, Star Coin

heroicaquest50-star-guardianofthreemountains.jpg

Guardian of Three Mountains
(38
th

Type: Humanoid/Rock

Level: 22

Health: 421/421

Special:
Triple Tremor
– Causes 22 earth-elemental damage to the target and 11 earth-elemental damage to the two opponents before and after it in the battle order.

Drops: 30 gold, Star Coin

heroicaquest50-star-impatientvanguard.jpg

Impatient Vanguard
(19
th

Level: 17

Defense: 3

Health: 203/203

Special:
Restless Spirit
– Causes the hastened-effect to self.

Drops: Naginata (WP:10; halberd), Star Coin

heroicaquest50-star-shortlivedsecondbrother.jpg

Short-lived Second Brother
(29
th

Level: 21

Health: 242/242

Special:
Brotherly Bravado
– Deals 42 damage to the target, but also suffers 21 damage.

Drops: 50 gold, Star Coin

heroicaquest50-star-wooddog.jpg

Wood Dog
(41
st

Type: Humanoid/Plant

Level: 20

Health: 192/192

Special:
Timber!
– Wood Dog chops down a pillar. Each opponent has ½ chance to either dodge or suffer 20 wood-elemental damage regardless of row.

Drops: Lumber Axe (WP: 8, wood-elemental axe), Star Coin

Note: If Golden-haired Hound is defeated before Wood Dog, he will flee to another location.

Party:

019.JPG

– Location: Entrance Hall

Level 15
*Immune to Weakened*
*Encouraged for 10 rounds*

Power:
(15+11+2+1)

Defense:
(5+4)

Health:
35/35
(10+14+11)

Ether:
18/18
(1+15+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
light
-elemental, inflicts weakened-effect; halberd), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect), Paladin's Armor (SP:4, Max. Ether +2)

Inventory:
3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

Level 21
*Immune to
Fire
*Hastened for 10 rounds*

Power:
(21+15+1+1)

Defense:
(2+1)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+7+1)

Ether:
27/27
(5+20+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
fire
), High Heels (Power +1, suitable for women; footwear), Anniversary Medal:Y1 (+1 to all stats per year; accessory)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5), Pointy Hat (Max. Ether +2, suitable for mages and clerics; headwear), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Emerald (
Wood
), Diamond (
Light
), Scroll of Sleep, 6 Grand Potions, 3 Grand Tonics, 6 Remedies, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, 4 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Soma, 2 Deadly Venoms, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, 3 Bones

Hybros (JimButcher)
***Party Leader***

Level 21 2/3
*Hastened*
*Immune to Cursed*
*Lucky for 10 rounds*

Power:
(21+15)

Defense:

Health:
33/33
(7+20+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
earth
-elemental), Golden Armor (user is permanently hastened and cursed; bodywear), Blessed Amulet (protects from cursed-effect; accessory)

Inventory:
Clock Cog (WP: 14, retrievable), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), Throwing Knife (WP:8, retrievable), Throwing Knife (WP:8, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 8, retrievable), Emerald (
Wood
), 15 Potions, 14 Grand Potions, 25 Health Cores, 10 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 14 Nostrums, 2 Meads, Bedroll, Shovel, Skeleton Decoy, Bone

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

Level 22
*Immune to Sealing,
Bound and Slowed
*Hastened for 10 rounds*
*Lucky for 10 rounds*

Power
(22+12)

Defence
(5+3)

Health
(5+21+3)

Ether
(5+21+1+1+5)

Gold

Equipment
: Staff of the Necromancer (WP:12; damages undead; +1 level to raised undead; staff), Fanged Helm (SP:5, headwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, immune to Sealing, bodywear),

Inventory
: Pheles Rod (WP:20; grants permanent Aura, doubling the user’s max. health but making all enemy attacks hit the user; staff), Snake Staff (WP:12), Shiny Dagger (WP:10), Bone Staff (WP:3), Amethyst, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, 4 Potions, Tonic, 2 Grand Tonics, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 2 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, Flash Bomb, Bedroll

Spirits
: Battle Angel (
Light
), Xut the Daemon (
Darkness
), Raiju the Raiju (
Lightning
), Ni the Shrubbery (
Wood
Ice
), Clay Golem (
Earth
), unknown (
Fire
), unknown (
Wind
)

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 17
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Fragile*

Power
(17+13+1)

Defense
(5+5+1)

Health
(7+16+10)

Gold

Equipment
Stuns
target on successful hits), Shield (SP: 5), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, suitable for Barbarians and Knights, protects from fragile-effect; bodywear), Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear)

Inventory
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade: Grand Potion; axe), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6), Sand Worm Hide (SP: 2; bodywear), Scroll of Weakening, Smelling Salts, Shovel, Pickaxe, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)

Tesni Hightribe
(
Peppermint_M)

Level 25 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Afraid*
*Hastened for 10 rounds*

Power
: 46
(25+14+3+4?)

Defense
(6+2+4)

Health
: 44/44
(8+24+10+2)

Gold

Equipped
: Dryw ar Zoot (WP:14,
light
-elemental; longsword), Sir Roderick’s Shield (SP:6, Immunity to Afraid), Bone Claws(WP:3, SP:2; handwear), Dragon Bone Armor (SP:4, Max. Health +2; bodywear)

Inventory
: Cysgodion (WP:11,
darkness
-elemental; greatsword), Mellt (WP:10,
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental; hammer), Spiked Club (WP:8), Cryfder (WP:6), Sir Roderick’s Shield (SP: 6, immunity to afraid), 2 Potions, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 5 Venoms, 2 Meads, 3 Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Soma, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Minimizing Dust

heroicanpc-jun.jpg

Jun Ji Pei

Level 15
*Immune to
Fire
Ice
Lightning
Water
Earth
Wind
Wood
and all Effects*

Power
(15+15 & 15+15)

Defense

Health
(25+14)

Gold

Equipment
lightning
ice
-elemental longsword), Huanglong Pauldrons (SP:5; immunity to all effects; bodywear)

Inventory

Party leader, post the order of action. Everyone, post your actions and targets.

Hybros prepares himself to lead. He was used to fighting solo, but now he was the one to give orders. "Alright everyone, pick your targets. Leave no enemy untargeted! Jun, follow our lead." Hybros drew his Banana Bladerang and threw it at the Impatient Vanguard, and then his Clock Cog at the Short-lived Second Brother from the back row.

Jun drew his twin blades and attacked the Guardian of the Three Mountains with Jinado, and the Wood Dog with Yinado, from the front row.

Battle Order:

Hybros

Hybros

Christopher

Tesni

Tesni

Tarn

Namyrra

Namyrra

Cinna

Cinna

Jun

Jun

"Ranged combatants should be attacking the Featherless Arrow instead, as your attacks will be more effective!"

Tarn targets Golden-Haired Hound from the front row using Lion's Heart.

"Looks like you and I shall have a dance of death!", he grinned at the attractive bandit.

Edited by Rumble Strike

QM Note: JimButcher, Jun only gets one turn per round, attacking both targers at the same time. The result rolled for him will apply to both attacks, as depicted in the rule page for Tao Warrior.

"Leave Featherless Arrow to me, I can cut him down quickly with Cysgodion!" Tesni drew her blade of darkness and felt the familiar magics linking with her soul, the purple light quickly entering her eye and lighting up the scar.

"Right, let's get this over with."

Darkness spell at Featherless Arrow from the back row, Darkness spell at Golden-Haired Hound from the back row.

(OoC: and yes, I obviously want to summon Xut the Daemon if I roll a 1)

QM Note: JimButcher, Jun only gets one turn per round, attacking both targers at the same time. The result rolled for him will apply to both attacks, as depicted in the rule page for Tao Warrior.

Ooc: Oh I understand now. So Jindao is automatically considered his primary weapon because it is listed first?

Updated Battle Order:

Hybros vs. Impatient Vanguard (Banana Bladerang)

Hybros vs. Short-lived Second Brother (Clock Cog)

Namyrra vs. Featherless Arrow (Darkness)

Namyrra vs. Golden-Haired Hound (Darnkess)

Christopher vs. Wood Dog (Sunspear)

Tesni vs. Featherless Arrow (Cysgodion)

Tesni vs. Featherless Arrow (Cysgodion)

Jun vs. Guardian of the Three Mountains & Wood Dog

Tarn vs. Golden-Haired Hound (Lion's Heart)

Cinna vs. Impatient Vanguard (Darkness)

Cinna vs. Impatient Vanguard (Darkness)

QM Note: Yes, Jun attacks the first target with Jindao and the second target with Yindao.

The blonde woman seemed to be leading the motley troupe that the heroes faced.

"You have a lot of guts to come barging in here, you know? Do you honestly think the seven of you can bring an end to the 108 Stars of Destiny?! Give me a break!"

heroicaquest50-star-wooddog.jpg

"Yeah, what she said! You're so beautiful, Hound!!!"

"Meh... Get back to chopping those suicidal morons, Wood Dog."

Results of Round One of the 108 Stars of Destiny Battle:

>Hybros (Banana Bladerang) vs. Impatient Vanguard - Shield/Lethal Hit (Gold Reaper - Hound: sudden death; Wood Dog: sudden death; Hybros: 15+24+22+17+21+20=119 gold)

>Hybros (Clock Cog) vs. Short-lived Second Brother - Lethal Aim (Second Brother: 242 health-14 dmg=228 health)

>Namyrra (Darkness) vs. Featherless Arrow - Great Spell/Special Damage (Arrow: 145 health-(46x4=184 dmg)=0 health; Namyrra: -1 ether)

>Namyrra (Darkness) vs. Golden-Haired Hound Guardian of Three Mountains - Spell Aim/Spell (Guardian: 421 health-(34x4=136 dmg)=285 health; Namyrra: -1 ether)

Christopher vs. Wood Dog Guardian of Three Mountains - Critical Hit (Guardian: 285 health-(40x2=80 dmg)=205 health+weakened for 3 rounds)

Tesni (Cysgodion) vs. Featherless Arrow Guardian of Three Mountains - Shield (War Cry - All party members: encouraged for 10 rounds)

Tesni (Cysgodion) vs. Featherless Arrow Guardian of Three Mountains - Special Damage (Triple Tremor - Tesni: 44 health+12 SP-22 dmg=34 health; Christopher: 35 health+9 SP-11 dmg=33 health; Jun: no effect)

Jun vs. Guardian of the Three Mountains & Wood Dog Impatient Vanguard - Yin & Yang (Jun: +10 health)

Tarn vs. Golden-Haired Hound Guardian of the Three Mountains - Damage (Tarn: 33 health+11 SP-22 dmg=22 health)

>Cinna (Darkness) vs. Impatient Vanguard - Shield (Spellspin of Darkness - 9 Hits; Guardian: 205 health-(38x4=152x3=456 dmg)=0 health; Impatient Vanguard: 203 health-(38x4=152x3=456 dmg)=0 health; Second Brother: 228 health-(38x4=152x3=456 dmg)=???)

>Cinna (Darkness) vs. Impatient Vanguard

Right off the bat Hybros is able to assassinate both Golden-haired Hound and Wood Dog, and gain 119 gold by performing gold reaper. Hybros gets an Elixir, a Lumber Axe and 2 Star Coins. He then proceeds to throw the Clock Cog at the Short-lived Second brother for 14 damage. Namyrra fells Featherless Arrow with a spell of darkness. Namyrra gets Oriental Crossbow and a Star Coin. Another dark spell of hers hits the Guardian of Three Mountains for 136 damage. Christopher's hit with his Sunspear leaves Guardian with 205 health and a weakened state. Tesni lets out a war cry, encouraging all of her allies except Jun. Guardian releases Triple Tremor, dealing 10 damage to Tesni and 2 to Christopher. Jun seeks balance, and restores his health, although it is already at its' peak. Tarn is hit by Guardian for 11 damage. Cinna's spellspin of darkness ends the first bout by slaying Guardian and Impatient Vanguard, but instead of dying, Second Brother just vanishes in a puff of smoke. Cinna gets the Naginata, 30 gold and 2 Star Coins.

The heroes can now inspect the room, or move to the right or left.

5/108 Stars Defeated!

Enemies:

N/A

Party:

019.JPG

Level 15
*Immune to Weakened*

Power:
(15+11+2+1)

Defense:
(5+4)

Health:
33/35
(10+14+11)

Ether:
18/18
(1+15+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
light
-elemental, weakened-effect; halberd), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect), Paladin's Armor (SP:4, Max. Ether +2)

Inventory:

Level 21
*Immune to
Fire
*Hastened for 9 rounds*

Power:
(21+15+1+1)

Defense:
(2+1)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+7+1)

Ether:
27/27
(5+20+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
fire

Inventory:
Naginata (WP:10; halberd),
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Emerald (
Wood
), Diamond (
Light
), Scroll of Sleep, 6 Grand Potions, 3 Grand Tonics, 6 Remedies, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, 4 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Soma, 2 Deadly Venoms, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, 3 Bones, 2 Star Coins

Hybros (JimButcher)
***Party Leader***

Level 21 2/3
*Hastened*
*Immune to Cursed*
*Lucky for 9 rounds*

Power:
(21+15)

Defense:

Health:
33/33
(7+20+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
earth

Inventory:
Clock Cog (WP: 14, retrievable)
, Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable),
Lumber Axe (WP: 8, wood-elemental axe),
Throwing Knife (WP:8, retrievable), Throwing Knife (WP:8, retrievable),
Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable)
, Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 8, retrievable), Emerald (
Wood
), 15 Potions, 14 Grand Potions, 25 Health Cores, 10 Remedies, Elixir, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 14 Nostrums, 2 Meads, Bedroll, Shovel, Skeleton Decoy, Bone, 2 Star Coins

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

Level 22
*Immune to Sealing,
Bound and Slowed
*Hastened for 9 rounds*
*Lucky for 9 rounds*

Power
(22+12)

Defence
(5+3)

Health
(5+21+3)

Ether
: 31/33
(5+21+1+1+5)

Gold

Equipment

Inventory
: Pheles Rod (WP:20; grants permanent Aura, doubling the user’s max. health but making all enemy attacks hit the user; staff), Snake Staff (WP:12), Shiny Dagger (WP:10),
Oriental Crossbow (WP:7; crossbow),
Bone Staff (WP:3), Amethyst, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, 4 Potions, Tonic, 2 Grand Tonics, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 2 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, Flash Bomb, Bedroll, 1 Star Coin

Spirits
:
Xut the Daemon (
Darkness
),
Battle Angel (
Light
),
Raiju the Raiju (
Lightning
), Ni the Shrubbery (
Wood
Ice
), Clay Golem (
Earth
), unknown (
Fire
), unknown (
Wind
)

Tarn Valco
(Rumble Strike)

Level 17
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Fragile*

Power
(17+13+1)

Defense
(5+5+1)

Health
: 22/33
(7+16+10)

Gold

Equipment
Stuns

Inventory
water
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental, Hollow Blade: Grand Potion; axe), Fauxthril Spear (WP: 6), Sand Worm Hide (SP: 2; bodywear), Scroll of Weakening, Smelling Salts, Shovel, Pickaxe, Amulet of U'Kin Nobility (Grants Diplomacy to wearer when addressing a U'Kin)

Tesni Hightribe
(
Peppermint_M)

Level 25 2/3
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Afraid*
*Hastened for 9 rounds*

Power
: 43
(25+11+3+4)

Defense
(6+2+4)

Health
: 34/44
(8+24+10+2)

Gold

Equipped
:
Cysgodion (WP:11,
darkness
-elemental; greatsword)
, Sir Roderick’s Shield (SP:6, Immunity to afraid), Bone Claws(WP:3, SP:2; handwear), Dragon Bone Armor (SP:4, Max. Health +2; bodywear)

Inventory
:
Dryw ar Zoot (WP:14,
light
-elemental; longsword)
, Mellt (WP:10,
ice
- and
lightning
-elemental; hammer), Spiked Club (WP:8), Cryfder (WP:6), 2 Potions, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 5 Venoms, 2 Meads, 3 Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Soma, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Minimizing Dust

heroicanpc-jun.jpg

Jun Ji Pei

Level 15
*Immune to
Fire
Ice
Lightning
Water
Earth
Wind
Wood
and all Effects*

Power
(15+15 & 15+15)

Defense

Health
(25+14)

Gold

Equipment
lightning
ice

Inventory

Party leader, post the order of action. Everyone, post your actions and targets.