Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

I just want to add that Quest 49 is by far the most entertaining quest I've read so far. Or do you guys have some suggestion for such entertaining quests in the past?

It really depends on what you like. There have been a lot of great, entertaining quests ranging from the epic Dastan "trilogy" to the pleasant simplicity, but still fabulous quests by Rumble Strike, and of course there are Sandy's "earthshaking" ones if you will. This is not to mention many of the others. I don't have time to relate. If you're talking role-play though, Quest 28 was absolutely fabulous, or the three rogue one...ah, there's too many great quests really! :grin: There's no point in attempting to say which ones are the most entertaining, because they all are to a certain level, so it really depends on what you like.

As far as Quest 49 is concerned, Haldor can just sit back and do nothing, he doesn't need to keep attempting to attack until he's KOed and he has sucked the lifeblood out of all his teammates...twice. :poke:

Okay, so I open up my LDD file of the Murkwood to do some screenshotting... and it syas that 90% of the bricks were "place incorrectly" and removed them. Please hold. :blush:

I tell you, go LDraw. Of course, I do not recommend placing your bricks wrong, but at least LDraw if very forgiving if you do. :laugh:

I have to say that it would have been great to see Erik reunited with his party from Quest #32. Really looking forward to reading this quest Rumble Strike!

Let Haldor be KO'd, it'll be better for everyone. :laugh:

OK, so I lied about not being around--hooray for unexpected posting capability! :grin: Still going to call my presence "sporadic", though. :wink:

The way this battle's going, the only casualty is Arthur's ether count... :look:

Sorrow inspects the large barrel, seeing something grey in there: Rats! At least two of them! And they look quite hungry, although they don't attack the party, because that would be a bit lame - starting with a battle involving rats, and not what the party signed up for at all.

Yeah, because that's stopped QMs before... :tongue:

Probably should've made the Special increase his SP by one or two instead of doubling. Now with the successful use of the Scroll of Armor Sundering, he'll never have any SP at all.

Originally he didn't even have a Special II. I then realized it was a pretty bad idea for him to keep on doubling SP every Special Damage. :laugh: In any case, a Special that only increases his SP by 1 every round is hardly effective, even if it would iron out this loophole.

If I had a higher level party, I'd probably take off the cap of 8 SP before he uses Special II, but I didn't want Thalion or Barur's attacks to be pointless. How do you think all of your opponents feel, throwing themselves against your 15 SP without any purpose whatsoever? :tongue:

Edited by CallMePie

I'd planned this part of the quest, and then there was a comment about how much health/SP/Specials a normal rat will have one day and Sandy said something like "By the time you are in your advanced classes, QMs shouldn't be getting you to kill rats."

So my "bedding the QM in" rat battle hasn't happened!

The way this battle's going, the only casualty is Arthur's ether count... :look:

If it makes you feel better, I think I've used more Ether in this battle alone than I did in the entirety of my other Quests; I think this may mark the first time Arthur's even considered using a Grand Tonic on himself. :blush:

And actually, shouldn't Henry's SP reset back to 1, as a result of the second Special? :wink:

Alexis mean Light spells, right?

And so the Heroes learn that the Shaman's Blood Ritual has severe side effects on the human elven brain. :tongue:

Rats! At least two of them! And they look quite hungry, although they don't attack the party, because that would be a bit lame - starting with a battle involving rats, and not what the party signed up for at all.

Blasphemy! That's like not starting a DnD campaign in a tavern! :angry::laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Sorry this battle's dragging a bit, Quest 51ers, but if you didn't KO my damage-dealer so early you'd at least be threatened rather than repeatedly trying to chip health off the tank. :grin:

That fact that you haven't landed a real hit in 4 rounds doesn't help, either. :look:

Edited by CallMePie

Eh, it could be worse, at least De'kra and I are getting a bit of spare Gold out of this. :wink: I'm honestly excited just to be back in action; Arthur was sitting around in the Hall for FAR too long. :blush:

Also, Zeph, does the Ancient Crown still work if it's equipped mid-battle?

Okay, after some minor thought/consideration, I have decided to include the clause of perma-KO in the Final Wren Quest. It will, however, only come in to affect a little before half-way, so very worse come to very worse, you will only miss out on a little more than half the battles. That is, again, assuming you're taken out immediately after the rule comes into place.

Bring it on. :smug:

Also, see my previous post, Zeph. :wink:

EDIT: I've decided I'm going to try and collect as many different outfits/disguises for Arthur as humanly possible. :tongue:

Edited by Flipz

Okay, after some minor thought/consideration, I have decided to include the clause of perma-KO in the Final Wren Quest. It will, however, only come in to affect a little before half-way, so very worse come to very worse, you will only miss out on a little more than half the battles. That is, again, assuming you're taken out immediately after the rule comes into place.

Fair enough, let's just hope that Sandy has fixed Shaman by then, or else Haldor will become Wren's greatest weapon against the city of Eubric. :tongue:

Flipz, the description doesn't really read that way, so I'm going to have to say no, sorry. :sceptic:

It really depends on what you like. There have been a lot of great, entertaining quests ranging from the epic Dastan "trilogy" to the pleasant simplicity, but still fabulous quests by Rumble Strike, and of course there are Sandy's "earthshaking" ones if you will. This is not to mention many of the others. I don't have time to relate. If you're talking role-play though, Quest 28 was absolutely fabulous, or the three rogue one...ah, there's too many great quests really! :grin: There's no point in attempting to say which ones are the most entertaining, because they all are to a certain level, so it really depends on what you like.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I was looking from the humorous side as I am laughing myself to tears while reading Q49. There is so much dry sense of humour, so much bad luck. It's like slapstick.

edit: Get the killer slave, Skrall!!

Edited by PsyKater

Quest 42 :tongue:

It's these demonic scissors.... Their possessing me!! :devil:

What does Quest 42 have to do with the scissors??

What does Quest 42 have to do with the scissors??

I replied that quest 42 was the best classic quest to read through. :tongue: Can't wait to get into it though. It seems like an epic quest! Slightly annoyed that I didn't get in at the beginning but I wasn't in Heroica at that point.

I replied that quest 42 was the best classic quest to read through. :tongue: Can't wait to get into it though. It seems like an epic quest! Slightly annoyed that I didn't get in at the beginning but I wasn't in Heroica at that point.

I think you're trying to sweet talk me or something :tongue:

Its not a classic quest, it's not even halfway through (=not finished) and its really really not classic :tongue: I'd compare #42 to Picasso while the "classic" quest, like Quest #4 for example, is a Rembrandt...

Edited by Flare

Its not a classic quest, it's not even halfway through (=not finished) and its really really not classic :tongue: I'd compare #42 to Picasso while the "classic" quest, like Quest #4 for example, is a Rembrandt...

Like I said, demonic scissors. 'Twas a joke. Edited by Skyrimguy

I must say, Quest 51 is turning out to be a very exciting quest to follow. With Flipz, Tanma and all their special items, it's turning out to be a great example of making the best use of the items you have.

(and, no, not just because they're using what I consider to be the most powerful and unique piece of loot I've ever dropped :grin: )

It's always great to have one hero on the quest who has bonus points with the QM. :laugh:

I'd compare #42 to Picasso while the "classic" quest, like Quest #4 for example, is a Rembrandt...

Oh, come on, your quest doesn't suck that much. :tongue:

Picasso = :sick: