Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

It sounds like it has potential, and I have always been a fan of Hoth stuff, so If this is true, I will probably pick it up at some point. At the least, it will give me the parts to make Hoth Echo Base into something good (if that's possible).

If my memory serves me, Google translator doesn't actually translate....it works by identifying a few key words and then matches the 'pattern' to a list of possible 'standard' sentences. I used it once to translate French into English and the results were best described as interesting!!

Anyway, a new Hoth set, so life can't get much better (unless it's of a similar standard to the current 7879) :laugh:

Sounds like this will be the first proper set to have the new printed pilot legs from the planet series.

New Hoth set? Got me panting for it... Specially since I only really got into Hoth just as the Hoth battlepacks were going out of production :<

Yay hoth set sounds awesome I think pilots must mean snowtroopers im going to take a wild guess wind sock= shield generator just because we dont have one and I know what google translate is like. Any chance this is a ucs because that would be awesome :)

Well, this is really interesting news about the new sets, I'm really looking foward to seeing a picture of this one. I'm really confussed about when this set going to come out though as the Winter Wave is completet, but the set number is after the Umbaran MHC set number(75013 and then 75014.) This makes me wonder if the winter sets will contain 10 sets from now on, if this is a similar case to the Wampa cave set as the last set to be released in the winter wave was the 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder and then the wampa cave was one of the first sets in the summer wave with the set number of 8089, or if this is a fake. I'm really hopefully this is actually a summer wave set as it would hopefully lead to more summer set rumors to be released and it wouldn't take such a toll on my wallet.

Edited by North Lego Star

75014 Battle of Hoth - i cant believe

Wow, this is is great news for Hoth fans! One of the greatest battles in Star Wars history, in my opinion. Still surprising though, as we had a few Snows-peeders recently. I look forwards to more news/pics!

Lego really seems to have a thing for Hoth, don't they? This will be the 7th Hoth-related set in about 3 years, if I recall correctly.

I'm definitely excited for it, but at the same time I wish Lego would throw us a bone and release some playsets from other iconic locations (i.e., Tatooine).

Good to see another Hoth set even if a lot of what we're getting has already been before. General Rieekan and a proper Snowspeeder Luke are welcome additions. Would have been nice if Dak Ralter was also included to co-pilot the Snowspeeder, but at least he's coming in the Hoth Planet set as the unnamed pilot.

A Hoth set with no snowtroopers? :look:

A bit disappointing..

I'm pretty sure the 2 "pilots" in the description are meant to be Snowtroopers. It doesn't make much sense to include a Speeder Bike and E-Web blaster if there's no one to use them.

Good to see another Hoth set even if a lot of what we're getting has already been before. General Rieekan and a proper Snowspeeder Luke are welcome additions. Would have been nice if Dak Ralter was also included to co-pilot the Snowspeeder, but at least he's coming in the Hoth Planet set as the unnamed pilot.

I'm pretty sure the 2 "pilots" in the description are meant to be Snowtroopers. It doesn't make much sense to include a Speeder Bike and E-Web blaster if there's no one to use them.

I agree. Lego rarely has a "battle scene" set whiteout both sides.

How many exclusives usually come out each year, and when?

Did Lego over produce white bricks? Don't get me wrong, I love the Hoth scenes. But I'm just saying that I think by this point we can each field more Snowspeeders than the Rebel forces were able to put in the air at Hoth.

But I'm just saying that I think by this point we can each field more Snowspeeders than the Rebel forces were able to put in the air at Hoth.

...and yet none of them properly capture the angles of the 'real' Snowspeeder. We've gotten a lot of them, but we've gotten a lot of remakes of other craft, and there's definitely room for improvement in the T-47's case.

Lego really seems to have a thing for Hoth, don't they? This will be the 7th Hoth-related set in about 3 years, if I recall correctly.

I'm definitely excited for it, but at the same time I wish Lego would throw us a bone and release some playsets from other iconic locations (i.e., Tatooine).

umm, how about Jabbas palace and his rancor pit?

Did Lego over produce white bricks? Don't get me wrong, I love the Hoth scenes. But I'm just saying that I think by this point we can each field more Snowspeeders than the Rebel forces were able to put in the air at Hoth.

Amen,

Is this the 4th one now? The last 2 have been pretty good, an even better one would be appreciated - but maybe, just maybe, we could get some AOTC sets instead, something new...?

Yay hoth set sounds awesome I think pilots must mean snowtroopers im going to take a wild guess wind sock= shield generator just because we dont have one and I know what google translate is like. Any chance this is a ucs because that would be awesome :)

I don't thinkt so. It's mentioned as "minifig asseccory", not as a building.

I've tried to make a more proper translation of the text on from russian webpage.

The text there is, however, not structured as true Russian. There are some word order mistakes, context mistakes etc. It looks like a text translated into russian from some other language using Google (i'm not even sure if it is done from English, as Eng-Rus translator in Google is rather good).

As for the minifigs - there are 5 mentioned: Luke, Reekan, Hoth rebel trooper, and EITHER (2 snowspeeder pilots) or (2 snowtroopers).

Please see the translated text below:

Go with Luke Skywalker to the ice-covered planet of Hoth in his snowspeeder! Beware the command center tranches with Commander Reekan and catch the Imperial snowspeeder pilots, who are attacking rebel defense forces. Shoot from the turret guns! Help the rebels to defeat the forces of the Galactic Empire in the Battle for the planet Hoth from the movie "Star Wars: Episode V. The Empire Strikes Back "! The set includes five minifigures with various weapons and accessories: Luke Skywalker in snowspeeder uniform, General Reekan, a Hoth rebel trooper and 2 snowspeeder pilots.

Stop the attack of Imperial forces using help of Luke Skywalker and his snowspeeder!

Help commander Reekan and Luke Skywalker on a snow speeder to protect rebel defense forces from imperial snowtroopers!

The set includes five minifigures with various weapons and accessories: Luke Skywalker in snowspeeder uniform, General Reekan, a Hoth rebel trooper and 2 snowspeeder pilots. Features of the set: snowspeeder, speeder bike, E-Web blaster, Imperial Probe-droid, turret gun, command center, a trench and tauntaun. Snow speeder has an opening cockpit and tow hook with rope. Tower gun can shoot. Set includes six weapons: lightsaber, blaster pistol, 2 blasters and two blaster rifles. Accessories: shovel, pickaxe and windsock. Repel the attack of Imperial Forces! Shoot the shells! Dimensions of the snowspeeder: height - more than 6 cm, length - 18 cm, width - 13 cm. Dimensions of the trench: length - more than 20 cm, width - 11 cm, height - 10 cm

Edited by WickNole

Another Hoth set? I guess that's good for some people who want a giant battle of Hoth, but for me it's an easy pass.

Same here, I don't get it, I really like Hoth, it was the coolest thing in the all the movies. But Lego wise I had a little enough of it. But it seems that white is the cheapest colour to produce...

I've tried to make a more proper translation of the text on from russian webpage.

The text there is, however, not structured as true Russian. There are some word order mistakes, context mistakes etc. It looks like a text translated into russian from some other language using Google (i'm not even sure if it is done from English, as Eng-Rus translator in Google is rather good).

As for the minifigs - there are 5 mentioned: Luke, Reekan, Hoth rebel trooper, and EITHER (2 snowspeeder pilots) or (2 snowtroopers).

Please see the translated text below:

*snip*

Thanks! My only question is: are you sure about the Tauntaun or is this just a guess?