LegoFan03

Next Modular Building?

On a related note, has TLG given any indication when Fire Brigade will be retired (assuming it is next in-line)?

I did notice that it suspiciously does not appear in the 2012 Holiday Catalog that just arrived. The GE, TH and PS are all featured but no FB.

I did notice that it suspiciously does not appear in the 2012 Holiday Catalog that just arrived. The GE, TH and PS are all featured but no FB.

Then your catalog is different from mine in Germany which still includes the FB...

Where are the pictures of the theatre :cry: Did we already agree on the estimated release date? Holiday 2012? Summer 2013? Autumn 2013?

Where are the pictures of the theatre :cry: Did we already agree on the estimated release date? Holiday 2012? Summer 2013? Autumn 2013?

Definitely won't be this year. They're typically released around March/April.

I'd love this set to be an official set. It is best cinema set ever I seen. If it is an offical set, I'd buy right away for sure.

If that is the case, I would gladly pay double the regular modular price. I love that Empire Theater and the addition of the Galaxy Diner makes it that much neater. Honestly, I can't see how Lego could make a better theater than that, so they might as well just commission this one. :tongue:

Having just built the Town Hall I'm really excited about the next modular!

A cinema is a good choice but I don't think it really needs to be a corner building - I hope they will save the next corner for something else.

I also hope they bring back the old letter bricks, which are interchangeable so different films can be advertised like the old-style cinemas. The problem with the anniversary Town Plan set was the stickers. I imagine there will be a lot of conversions so everyone shows their favourite films (I can see a lot of Star Wars!)

I think a cinema will need to be quite big. However, I did like the pet shop and hope there will be more smaller shops to add to the street along with houses.

I agree about the letter bricks. There are those letter tiles in the business card holder set, which I haven't found for sale anywhere. But that might be one way to do it. Or maybe that is why they released that recently to give people letters for the Cinema.

I would assume a Cinema would be big, but they probably will only have one screen, so it might not be that big after all.

And I also like the idea of some smaller buildings that you can throw in somewhere. I loved the Pet Shop, but I didn't care for the townhouse color (the building itself is neat). But I liked the ability to place them in different areas of the layout instead of always a 32 space by 32 space.

I think for the next modular should be

A train station : great addition for the train fans collectors and great building for the modular town

An airport : a 70's airport with a really old control tower and a balcony for the ramp would be nice to see , including a ramp , airport luagge vehicls , old fire truck and old fuel truck . also , all the minifigs would have that old 70s jet era white uniform , and that give a way to a really nice old plane set for the modular airport , like a DC6 , 707 for the jet era or constellation plane model .

I'd quite like the idea of a modular bank and office block. I'm not sure how the underground vault would work, but a banking hall on the ground floor with office space above would work very well I think. If the rumours of a cinema are confirmed I'd be really happy about it though - there have been some excellent modular shop sets, but that would be a cool departure.

Sorry if that's already been mentioned in this thread...in which case I agree with whoever suggested it!

An air port or train station wouldn't work. It just couldn't be made into a convincing 32x32.

That said I feel we're going to get a big red carpet cinema on premier night, hence the camera girl clue with town hall.

I´m thinking this year's LEGO catalogue gives away a great hint! :classic:

A huge cinema screen in an old style theatre with balconys!

c12au2.jpg

Edited by McBuddha

McBuddha, this is really a great thought! :grin: Did not even think about that. I get really excited about the Palace Cinema....

All modulate contain clues to the following buildings.

That's already pretty much been proven false. It's been discussed a lot on here.

McBuddha-you just blew my mind!?!? :oh: That would be something. I can picture it now. Good catch!

Has it been proven false?

Cafe corner - spilled veg

Maket street - the crossaint

Green grocer - the fire hydrant

Fire station - the shopping bag

Grand emporium.

There was definitely clues in the early ones, the later ones not so much but I find the idea that those things are complete coincidence hard to believe.