Gory51

[MOC] - Green V Tech viper

Hey all

Just thought I would put this out there mainly for some technical advice and feedback, and to see if there is any potential in my building ability ;) Oh and to see if its worthy to show off Hahahaha :D

I Have been collecting Lego most this year, but not had much time to sit down and build due to work pressure etc, but I finally decided to get a re arrange things at home, and sort out my life and actually get some fun things done, like building a Lego creation or two.

I have not been on the forum in months so p[lease remind me if I am doing anything against procedure or incorrectly.

Well a bit about this MOC.

Firstly I did not know about Vic Viper Novvember until I was about to post this. I don't think this is quite suitable to be considered, but that was not the purpose of the MOC. I was inspired mainly by the Robotech/Macross Veritech fighters with this, hence the colour scheme used. I also tried to make it look chunky /bulky in some places as I am considering trying to build a mech with mostly these same parts to see if I can pull off the illusion that it is a Veritech fighter.

Well here are the images on my flicker page. One render and 3 LDD screenshots. I actually built this in bricks first then went and made it in LDD to get the render. My photography skills don't yet exist, so I thought its easier to render than take a decent picture.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

8202462585_d1311b4f6c_c.jpg

8202468457_b613634fc3_c.jpg

8202468949_e1a41d2386_c.jpg

8203562828_a21fbea11e_c.jpg

Ok I took some quick shots , but don't have a proper camera or lighting setup.

Just a cellphone camera for now and the flourescent kitchen light - Lol

8202890541_e1aaf67b9b_c.jpg

8202893919_02f9de45d2_c.jpg

8202895705_72f64455ee_c.jpg

8202896793_a9171ef91a_c.jpg

Flicker Gallery

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79287307@N04/sets/72157632060907838/with/8202462585/

Ok not sure why that whole gallery is playing there,. I just linked it ?

There is a small difference in the long black aerial parts I used as guns on the model and the render. I could not find this same part in LDD, so used a slightly different part. Its almost the same but the real part I used has better gun barrel tips.

Cool!!! The brick built one looks sweet :)

Yeah, because the rendered version looks completely different *huh*

Good stuff, Gory51 - Some great shapes and color blocking on this!

You're right, though, that it doesn't meet the criteria for an "official" Vic Viper in that the forward prongs need to extend further than the nosecone. You've got the wings, and you have a rear stabilizer, but it's not really extending vertically. I'd love to see your take on an "official" VV, with this as a basis!

Thanks guys....

I'm now thinking of maybe doing some modding of this....or should a say a variant ;)

Vic Viper Style

I :wub: it, a fantastic fighter design.....inspiration from mid-20th century fighter planes but with some funky sci-fi curves and edges to it ! :grin:

Brick On Fight On 'Gory51' ! :grin:

Ok I did a quick Mod - trying to use mainly the same parts there, had to use a few extras here and there.

Hopefully this is more in the Vic Viper style .

8204322183_3fc228cf5f_c.jpg

8205410928_6c68fd90d9_c.jpg

8204321933_afff25e7a1_c.jpg

8205413112_ed1b09166f_c.jpg