CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

Man, I want Twitch's cousin from the big set so badly! I hope he comes in a smaller set. I like the helmet in the smallest set though! I hope these come to US Toys"R"Us stores! :grin:

YUSSS! These look awesome.

I had no idea this theme was going to have androids, I'm so happy to see them returning! That is definitely a must-have for me.

Every one of the descriptions said "robot henchman" or some derivation thereof, so I don't see why it's a surprise.

I wish I was more excited about the Bug Obliterator. It seems they took the modularity a little too far. I don't dislike it - and I will probably wind up getting it - but it could have been a little more like a capital ship for my taste.

There's always the possibility of one in the supposed second wave...

EDIT 2: One more observation before bed. The Earth-like planet in the background seems to be enveloped in green gas. Possible plot point?

I don't think it's gas, I think that's the swarm. They seem to have colonized the moon and are attacking the planet.

This line looks very promising as of now. I really like the blue guy (robot?) in the Space Swarmer, and the Orange Astronauts in the Bug Obliterator look really good. :wub: And those Aliens? :cry_happy:

And now I have this, Ninjago, Superheroes, Star Wars, and the Hobbit to buy. Curse you TLG! :laugh:

The robot helmets looks terrible... looks like those transformers costume helmets.. link

terrible?? I love 'em :grin: ,I think I'm gonna like much more the robots rather the humans in this theme

Thanks Legonater for the info. Pics or it didn't happen :wink:

Okay, I've found all five descriptions. Did a Google search for "site:amazon.de LEGO 7070x". Obviously, the translations aren't great, since it's just the Google Translator...

70700 Space Swarmer (translation from German: Space Beetles)

The evil alien beetle-like insect buzzing in his space-beetle in the Galaxy! Do not let that captures the robot the Galaxy squad with the mouth parts of the beetle! Help him to escape with his jetpack out of the reach of the sound cannon of the insect! Get yourself to safety, take the space bug to target and turn it off with your blaster! Includes 2 minifigures with weapons: beetle insect-like alien and robot Ages 7 and up.

70701 Swarm Interceptor (translation form German: defensive jet)

A dangerous alien races mosquito zoom on its space plane! Holding that creepy critter on together with the leader of the blue team, Solomon Blaze, and the divisible defense-Jet! If the fight goes out of control, the Abwehrjet the Galaxy squad are divided into 2 machines: an agile flier with removable missiles and a powerful gun turret with camouflaged missiles! Against the divisible Abwehrjet with Solomon Blaze in the cockpit, the alien insects have no chance! Includes 2 minifigures and appropriate weapon: Solomon Blaze and alien mosquito. Ages 7 and up.

70702 Warp Stinger (translation from German: mosquito)

Holding the insect alien on board the Space furchterrregenden mosquitoes! He used the surplus function of the space mosquitoes to attack the heroes of the Galaxy squad. Make the Alien with the leader of the red team, Billy and his Speeder Starbeam harmless! Beware of sticky cocoon-case of space Mosquitoes beware! Exhort from the detachable blaster and try using the robot to free the galaxy from these oversized pests! The space, with its cocoon mosquito trap, the moving wings, the removable bullets and the shooter feature a very dangerous opponent. Includes 3 minifigures and appropriate weapon: Billy Starbeam, robot henchman with Jetpack and alien mosquito with wings. Ages 8 and up.

70703 Space Mantis

The Space Mantis has taken with her nimble grasshopper legs tracking the Galaxy squad teams. Holding onto the space of the Mantis aliens before Solomon Blaze and his blue robots get into his mouth sting! Parts of the vehicle Galaxy squad in an armored car and an agile flier on! Beware of the launcher and the sticky cocoon of space Mantis care! Includes 3 minifigures: Solomon Blaze, blue robot henchman and exclusive red insect Alien From 7 years.

70704 Vermin Vaporizer (translation from German: robot special buggy)

Space Scorpion hastetmit its cocoon behind the green hero of Galaxy Squad! Set to Help the leader of the Green Team, Chuck Stone Breaker and his green robot here, the critter with the ScRobo special laboratory incapacitated! Bring the alien invader in trouble by you split the robot specialized laboratory in a powerful robot and an armored lab! Translate Chuck Stonebreaker in the cockpit of the robot and fire powerful missiles and rockets into the double-Alien! In a special laboratory, you can then examine the alien insect. Includes 3 minifigures: Chuck Stone Breaker, Green Robot and alien insect Í all with matching weapons. Ages 8 and up.

70705 Bug Obliterator (translation from German: Command Shuttle)

Dangerous space dragonfly tries to capture the heroes of the Orange Galaxy squad in a cocoon prison. Fly with the command shuttle and the heroes of the Orange team, Jack and Ashlee StarStrider Fireblade! The vehicle can be a button in a rugged utility vehicle and split a manoeuvrable space ship that brings the insects from the top in distress! Exhort from the camouflaged missiles and laser cannons to repel these alien creatures! Includes 3 minifigures: Jack Fireblade, Ashlee StarStrider and alien insect with wings, weapons and cocoon. Ages 8 and up.

Just a reminder as vynsane posted quite a few pages back. We are looking at the beetle insect and blue robot in the Space Swarmer, and my guess is we have a mosquito in the Bug Obliterator, so he will probably appear in cheaper sets for just2good :classic:. It seems the blue robot will also come in the Warp Stinger.

I am excited by this theme, especially on the alien side. The human side is a disappointment to me. Grey torsos? That's pretty cheap for a squad whose whole signature theme is having different colours.

I do like the Bug obliterator design more than I expected to. That tilt-up hidden missile launcher on the "rugged utility vehicle" would have been a big hit with me when I was 9, and the pop-forward cockpit feature is pretty awesome on the ship. Moving parts are good.

:classic:

Edited by robuko

Hmmmm... not sure what to think of the robot figures. They have unique face molds, which I guess is cool, but I was kind of hoping for robot designs as simple and iconic as the Spyrius/Exploriens robots. Not fond of the torso armor design for the orange one (gives me too much of a Transformers vibe), but the torso and legs on the blue one seem decent.

The astronaut minifigure costumes are quite nice. The bug ships aren't especially impressive to me so far, but I'm sure there will be more interesting ones in the lineup.

These are bricking brilliant! I love the four legged compact Space Swarmer! Am I the only one who has noticed the pink-studded rayguns?

Also, there is probably an action feature in the other alien vehicle, as there´s a blue pin that looks like a trigger. It could be a handle though. I like the use of trans neon green helicopter blades too, and the human vehicles look even better.

The figures look awesome too, especially now that we now the antennae are removable. The robots are just perfect, although the blue one´s face looks like a monkey´s. The armor the orange one sports is great. I'm gonna have to buy multiple's of the Vermin Vaporizer for the green robot if it looks as good as these.

Edited by DraikNova

Also, there is probably an action feature in the other alien vehicle, as there´s a blue pin that looks like a trigger. It could be a handle though. I like the use of trans neon green helicopter blades too, and the human vehicles look even better.

I think the blue pin is used to attach the purple thingy in which the human is captive.

If you put the two boxes edge together, there seems to be a neon green structure on the surface of the moon(?) from which the green smoke seems to come off...

I'm the one who took the photo's. The TRU here in Winnipeg had tonnes of 2013 sets, here's the pictures I managed to take I apologize for the poor quality I had no idea when I spotted these that they had previously been unseen. I may head back today for some more photos.

Not sure I like the blue robot, but the orange one is great. And orange helmets *SQUEE!* :excited: Loving the vehicles in the Bug Obliterator set. We were all wrong about the insect in the Dragonfly vehicle, It's just another Mosquito. Still, Very nice to see proper pictures of sets so thank you CupIsHalfEmpty. Much appreciated.

I'm going off the Mosquitoes in favour of the Beetle/Scorpion guy. He just looks way more evil than the Mosquitoes. :wub:

Edited by Jargo

While the box branding has the 'Galaxy Squad' logotype, it appears there is also a distinct emblem for the Squad. The logotype displays a spaceship-type vehicle splitting into two vehicles at the end:

Galaxy_Squad_logotype.png

The emblem also has the same 'split' spaceship design in a vertical orientation, but with a pair of stylized wings extending from either side:

Galaxy_Squad_General_emblem.png

The 'Bug Obliterator' box actually shows how the flying portion and the rolling portion can combine into one vehicle in the upper right-hand corner, so it appears this 'splitting up' action is part of the theme.

It also looks like each team in the Squad has its own emblem - if you go to the pics on flickr and select 'view all sizes', then the largest one, take a look at the picture of the minifigures in the lower right-hand corner of the box. The 'blue team' has a circular emblem that looks something like a scope crosshairs and the orange team has one that looks like a lightning bolt.

Galaxy_Squad_Blue_emblem.png

Galaxy_Squad_Orange_emblem.png

I don't think I saw anyone else point this out, but the orange robo-dude seems to have mechanical wings clipped to his back. They might be a new piece, or possibly a recolour of the Chima mech wings.

Yay! Pics! Those torso's on the Galaxy Squad are looking pretty great. Based on their individual logos, it would seem we'll be getting quite a few unique torsos, which is a nice change after Alien Conquest. Kind of disappointed about the white printing on the orange robot's face, seems to take away from the design, but I'm sure it'll look fine in person.

Ha, Vertea I was just posting about what might be behind the orange team robot. You can see them in both his space truck and the team logo picture. I think you're right about the wings. If you mean the Chima bird wings, I think you might be right. There's a weird bit that I can't figure out though. The Chima wings have bars that attach to clips, while these wings look like the clip is on the wing, and it's attached around a black bar, which doesn't make sense considering the orange armour.

Also, does it look like the dude in the cocoon in the Obliterator has some kind of respirator on his face? I thought it was an angry double sided face or possibly stubble until I viewed the large images.

Edited by Raven

@Vertea: Chima mech?

That logo seems very strange. Does this mean all of the vehicles split in two, or just most of them, I wonder?

I don't think it's wings on the orange robot. I think it might be either a jet pack or he has wheels instead of legs. Looking at him sat in the vehicle his back extends to a single point and then there's a bit out the side extending it to body width. So perhaps he's got a three or four wheel lower half? Maybe it's just a weapon that swings round to his left hand? Won't know until someone buys the set and opens it up.

I don't think it's wings on the orange robot. I think it might be either a jet pack or he has wheels instead of legs. Looking at him sat in the vehicle his back extends to a single point and then there's a bit out the side extending it to body width. So perhaps he's got a three or four wheel lower half? Maybe it's just a weapon that swings round to his left hand? Won't know until someone buys the set and opens it up.

Looking at the team image on the box you can see two wing points behind him and the other Orange guy, so I'm pretty sure they're wings, but like you say, won't know until we get a review.

That logo seems very strange. Does this mean all of the vehicles split in two, or just most of them, I wonder?

Actually, it certainly seems that way:

70701 Swarm Interceptor (translation form German: defensive jet)

If the fight goes out of control, the Abwehrjet the Galaxy squad are divided into 2 machines: an agile flier with removable missiles and a powerful gun turret

Further interpreted: If the fight gets too intense, the Swarm Intercepter can split into 2 machines: an agile jet with shooting missiles and a powerful gun turret

70703 Space Mantis

Parts of the vehicle Galaxy squad in an armored car and an agile flier on!

Further interpreted: Parts of the Galaxy Squad vehicle become an armored car and an agile flier.

70704 Vermin Vaporizer (translation from German: robot special buggy)

split the robot specialized laboratory in a powerful robot and an armored lab!

Further interpreted: Split the Vermin Vaporizer into a powerful robot and armored lab

70705 Bug Obliterator (translation from German: Command Shuttle)

The vehicle can be a button in a rugged utility vehicle and split a manoeuvrable space ship

Further interpreted: With the press of a button, the vehicle can split into a rugged utility vehicle and maneuverable space ship

They look like the Chima wings, because of those strange `gaps`.

Vynsane: Armored lab? Now I´ll definitely have to save up. Too bad they don´t mean an actual armored dog.

Edited by DraikNova

Ooooh, I see it now. Yeah you might be right. Yes, those small new feathered wings from the Chima Eagle vehicles seems the most likely piece. Guess i was just seeing what I wanted to see. :blush:

Vynsane: Armored lab? Now I´ll definitely have to save up. Too bad they don´t mean an actual armored dog.

I envision it something akin to the back half of ADU Earth Defense HQ. The full description sounds like you're bringing the captured alien to the laboratory.