Dragonator

General Discussion and Announcements

Rule update for mafia players and hosts. As both a reminder and an adjustment for the sake of clarity and in light of the recent trend towards deadboards and 'team wins', the following rule update should be carefully read and understood.

If you are dead, your game is over. You may not comment on the game to any living or dead players in any form, unless there is a host sponsored offsite location for that ("deadboard"). This includes posting, private messaging, direct chat, email or any other form of online or offline communication. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. The same applies for living players making contact with those who are no longer playing, no matter what the stated purpose. Both situations can appear to be an attempt to gain information or cause influence that would be unfair to the remaining living players. Whether you are still playing or have already died, if you are contacted inappropriately, please notify the host immediately.

Thanks!

-- Eurobricks Games Staff

So after this rule, an instance like the one in Ragnarok where the dead scum team is allowed to talk to their living teammates, is not allowed, even if the host okays it?

I disapprove of dead players helping living ones no matter what side they are on, so generally yes, unless the host specifically gives permission for it. After all it is the host's game, and they may make their rules as they see fit, within reason. However as a general note to hosts, you better have a damn good reason for allowing it because I certainly do not approve! Once a player is dead, they are no longer playing; that should be the end of it.

I'm also not a huge fan of this new "deadboard" trend, I've never been on one and never read one, but they seem like a seething Den of problems to an old dragon like me. :laugh: Perhaps with the rule clarification above they will not be a problem. :thumbup:

I'm also not a huge fan of this new "deadboard" trend, I've never been on one and never read one, but they seem like a seething Den of problems to an old dragon like me. :laugh: Perhaps with the rule clarification above they will not be a problem. :thumbup:

Maybe if you died more, you could get a chance to use them :wink:

I'll take some of the responsibility of bringing it to EB. I think Bloodbrick was the first :blush: They actually seem more of a requirement here than on other sites. It's a way of keeping the other players following the game after it's over. Most sites hold mafia games over a 5-10 day period, so it's not so hard to stay involved, but this site has games that run five-six weeks average, so a lot of players lose interest after they die. For that reason, having a place to spout theories is good. EB sometimes has participation problems with living players, much less dead ones.

But, the rules hold that they should not speak to the "living," in any way. Furthermore, the scum should never reveal any secrets, and the host shouldn't reaveal anything either, in case there is too much temptation for dead to help their partners. I know it's not clearly stated, but that's a rule of deadboards. I know one or two games here where scum revealed their teammates (I think, maybe it was the host), and that's a no-no.

So, I still support the idea and use of deadboards, but support emphasizing that there are rules on how to fairly use them

So after this rule, an instance like the one in Ragnarok where the dead scum team is allowed to talk to their living teammates, is not allowed, even if the host okays it?

I have to agree with Draggy, here, it really should be discouraged, but obviously it's up to the host. I would add that if a host is going to allow a scum team that advantage, it should be clearly stated somewhere that all players can see.

So, I still support the idea and use of deadboards, but support emphasizing that there are rules on how to fairly use them

Agreed. I think up to this point, we've failed to catch up to the trend and make rules to cover the situation clearly, a situation that should be corrected.

I'm still not fond of them, I think people have a hard time resisting the urge to reveal too much in their enthusiasm, which is why I generally avoid them unless anything I say there will be pure speculation and not based on actual game info.

As someone who's still developing my mafia game, I appreciate the deadboard as a place to spout theories with the other dead players in hopes that I can play along with the remaining few days and learn something. If everyone agrees not to share what they learn there with living players, then I think it works out fine.

One question, this as probably been asked many times but when will an new mafia school game be run. I always miss out on them and it would be very fun and intresting to take part in the roleplayign games that are here on EB. Are there any castle themed mafias planned? :grin:

Thats true but Heroica and GoH is one of the reasons I joined EB... and that was over a year ago and I haven´t joined any of them still :blush:

Maybe I should give Heroica an other look :sweet:

Yes, you should! xD If you have any questions feel free to ask. If I have time I can help you in private. Otherwise I advise you zo use the Heroica Index, starting from the top. You do not have to understand everything, only the basics. Just start and have fun.

Okay (not ok-ey) thanks psykater, I will check it out. And will ask for help, if I don´t get some stuff :laugh:

Another Mafia Game.

It's not based on the actual Viking line, I just liked the name and needed something that looked like a LEGO Cruise Ship without stealing someones MOC. Plus I can't build boats.

Another Mafia Game.

It's not based on the actual Viking line, I just liked the name and needed something that looked like a LEGO Cruise Ship without stealing someones MOC. Plus I can't build boats.

Just make sure your characters are constantly drunk and behave bad in all imaginable ways and it will be just as on the real cruises, perfect scene for a mafia game. :drunk:

When/where would a guy find out if there is going to be another mafia school game? I have followed a few and would be interested in getting to know more about them. They appear to be fun, thought provoking games, but I've never done something like it. It appears you need to go through a sort of training to get to the "big leagues". Thanks for any info.

Bob, a Mafia on a cruise ship sounds extremely tempting! :thumbup:

When/where would a guy find out if there is going to be another mafia school game? I have followed a few and would be interested in getting to know more about them. They appear to be fun, thought provoking games, but I've never done something like it. It appears you need to go through a sort of training to get to the "big leagues". Thanks for any info.

Any new Mafia School games will be announced here, in the General Discussion and Announcements topic, although I'm not sure if there are any upcoming Mafia School games. You do indeed need to play a Mafia School game, and pass, in order to apply for the Advanced games. The Mafia School games usually involve teaching you the basics of how to play.

I'll wait for The Pearl 2.0 :tongue: !

Oh god, don't even say that.

After playing in Heartlake Heartbreak, and while I'm still playing in EB Mafia, I have come to the conclusion that there needs to be a Heroes vs. Villains Mafia (And by Villains, I mean people that play like dicks). If someone were to make that, I can imagine a lot of confusion in the day threads. ("Do we trust the heroes? What if they're actually scum?") Or even better, a game featuring Mafia's most notorious players. The lurkers! :tongue: