Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #48: Death's Homecoming

"I would be fine with that." agreed Sylph.

"I could actually contribute 40 gold, seeing that some of us have very little left.

And while it's not our primary mission, perhaps this blacksmith could help us if we get him out of trouble."

"One day I'm going to be able to poison people without the need for venom. May that day come soon."

Sylph was intrigued by the werewolf's statement. He heard the darkness and aggression in Lycan's words, he could see Lycan's dark future. 'hmmm,' he grimly thought to himself. 'This werewolf will grow to be a force with which to be reckoned... But it is possible he will fall on my side... Tragic.'

T5MSD.png

"There are rumors floating about that the beast they have guarding him is not working on his own will. They have some leverage on him or something.

It's said wherever he is is cursed."

"Interesting." jibed Sylph cheerfully. "Yes, I do believe this blacksmith may be an interesting catch. It's possible that we could make an enemy's enemy out of his guardian too, which may be more valuable."

"I agree, finding this blacksmith should be one of our priorities."

OOC: I should have a nostrum.

The Party:

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs) *Party Leader!*

unknown age, unknown race Druid

Level 17.5

Power: 25 (17+7+1)

Defense: 0

Health: 1/33c(9+16+7+1)

Ether: 19/22 (5+16+1)

Gold: 44

Equipment: Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Helmet (Max. health +1)

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP:7), Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 1 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Tonic x2, Grand Tonic x2, Remedy, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Crumbling Venom, Journal of The Bleeding, Sword Fragment (1), Smelling Salts x2, Trial Brew, 20-20 glasses

galen2.pngGalen Woodward (Fugazi)

36 year old male human Rogue

Level 13.5

Power: 22 (13+8)

Defense: 2 (+2)

Health: 23/23 (7+12+4)

Gold: 265

Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Rangers and Rogues, +1 SP +4 Health), Leather Armour (SP:1)

Inventory: Fauxthril Shuriken (WP:5, ranged), Throwing Dagger (WP:4, ranged), Bedroll, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX, Grand Potion x5, Remedy x3, Nostrum x6, Mead x6, Fire Bomb, Deadly Venom x2, Crumbling Venom x2, Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Black Katana (WP:8), Phoenix Essence, Smelling Salts x3

pic_7_final.jpg

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts)

25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 20

Power: 28 (18+8+0)

Health: 34/34 (18+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (1 + 5)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed*), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 365 (186G(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment: Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Sword of Decay (WP:8)(once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.) Hide of The Bleeding (Backwear, restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone)

Heavy Armour – SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights.

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect.

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (3), Grand Potion, Venom, Ice Bomb (1), Mead (3), Phoenix Essence (3), Trail Brew (1), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (2)

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: (None)

005.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 18.5 Evoker

Power: 29

Defense: 0

Health: 26/26

Ether: 17/18

Gold: 400

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald,SapphireTopaz ,3 Venoms, Spade,Pickaxe,3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf),Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether) ,Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usuable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Grand Tonic x3, Opal

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Lycan Dean (played by theBoyWonder)

Level 10 Rogue *Immune to weakened*

Power: 21

Health: 14/14

Gold: 13 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP: 8, consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Pugillist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4), Fire Bomb, Grand Potion, Deadly Venom x2, Venom x3, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Smelling Salts x6, Nostrums x3

alexandreavatar.pngAlexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 16 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 24

Defense: 13

Health: 36/36

Ether: 10/16

Gold: 41

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Potion, Remedy, Grand Tonic, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum

qi64g.png"It's over... *wheeze* finally over...!"

Punii, 2 month year old Progg Alchemist

Jellies: Green x3, Blue x2, Red x1

qi64g.png

"C-c-cursed...? Uhmm... You're... not talking about the Murkwood, are you...?"

"The blacksmith should be able to help us, probably get us some armor. I wonder if he would be able to make an upgrade with one of our weapons, maybe imbue that venom into one of our weapons to make is last more battles."

"Wait, what is the Murkwood? Is that where this blacksmith is detained? What can we expect there?"

"The blacksmith should be able to help us, probably get us some armor. I wonder if he would be able to make an upgrade with one of our weapons, maybe imbue that venom into one of our weapons to make is last more battles."

"That would be great. To be honest after the encounter with Rhodus I'm not so eager to find his brothers."

qi64g.png

"Murkwood is a cursed forest teeming with *wheeze* spiders. They sqy those who wish to harm the forest and it's inhabitants will have their lives *wheeze* sucked away..."

Edited by Endgame

Galen turned white.

"Spiders?! I hate spiders. Seriously. Are you saying that we won't be able to attack the smith's guardian without attracting the spiders?"

qi64g.png

"I've never *wheeze* gone in there. I dunno."

"Remember, I have diplomacy, Maybe we could convince him to join our side. Didn't the toxiproggs says he's not guarding the blacksmith willingly? I think there's a chance the guardian could help us."

"Um... Perhaps we can just visit the smith's shop instead, surely he must have left some gear there." :look:

You realize you have no clue how to operate the gear without severely injuring and/or killing your party.

You realize you have no clue how to operate the gear without severely injuring and/or killing your party.

"Oh, that's a shame. Still, let's try not to meet any spiders. Diplomacy sounds like a plan, Alexandre. And what about that Plague Venom, should we take one?"

Galen turned white.

"Spiders?! I hate spiders. Seriously. Are you saying that we won't be able to attack the smith's guardian without attracting the spiders?"

"Spiders are wonderful creatures, my friend. And, if they guard the forest, then they are already my allies. We should bring Ayla's pet spiders with us if that is our destination. And, I will put 20 gp in the pool for the poison."

"Oh great, a spider lover. :sceptic: Let's try and find more spiders to bring along because there aren't enough in the cursed forest already. :wacko: Bats, spiders, what next? You know, perhaps I should just sit this one out, wait for you here and uh... plan our next move. Have a decent meal, drink some ale. And sleep! Oh, sleep would be great right now! :cry_happy: I feel totally drained."

Galen sighs and picks up his belongings.

"You're right Sylph, taking the spiders with us is a wonderful idea. Little wonder that you're our leader. Let's see if we have enough gold for a Plague Venom, then we should be on our way."

QM Note: Will anyone else contribute to the Plague Venom Pot before you go? You don't have enough money yet...

"I would love to contribute, but I want to save my 41 gold. That blacksmith might be able to upgrade my weapon. WP: 8 just isn't going to cut it when we face Rhodus's brothers. Any ideas?"

"Well, in that case, let's just pass on the poison for now and return to Ayla to request the company of her two spiders and visit the blacksmith."

(We'll probably have a chance to return soon, and no one's feeling loose with their money. We probably don't need it yet anyway. If Elgar wants poison, he still has time to buy some.)

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"I am good to go to the blacksmith. Hopefully we won't come across an enemy as sadistic as Rhodus."

"Indeed." stated Sylph. "Alright!, let's go back to Ayla's and see if her spiders will join our company. We can purchase more poison when we need it."

Okay, so I open up my LDD file of the Murkwood to do some screenshotting... and it syas that 90% of the bricks were "place incorrectly" and removed them. Please hold. :blush: