just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

That video is completely fake. If he had a speedorz set this is not the way to demonstrate it, in about two months he's going to look very dumb.

The animal clans were chosen according to 'coolness' of creature in testing with kids.

The 'helmets' and minifigure heads together make up the character head, this allowed more colours to be used in creating the heads without investing in hugely expensive new printing machines, meaning we could put more bricks into the models.

Edited by Nabii

If you ask me, Ravens are a much better choice than Vultures would have been; Vultures are really weak birds that can only feed off already dead animals. Whereas I could see a Raven (of this size/proportion) do some serious damage in battle.

Pecking peopleĀ“s eyes out, for a start.

Edited by DraikNova

I wasn't being critical. Just to make that clear. Well, maybe just a little bit on the Speedor bikes efficiency.

Pecking peopleĀ“s eyes out, for a start.

Ha ha!

I don't think that is what LEGO has in mind. :laugh:

Besides, their beaks are too blunt... :wink:

The Legends of Chima teaser site no longer has the slider with weekly images it appears. Now it's just that one image of the question mark with the orb. Why? :sceptic:

The Legends of Chima teaser site no longer has the slider with weekly images it appears. Now it's just that one image of the question mark with the orb. Why? :sceptic:

Isn't that the point? :tongue:

Anyway, these showed up somewhere, I'm guessing Replacement Parts

6022502.jpg

6022516.jpg

6022513.jpg

I will add more when I find more.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

That croc head will be uber-useful.

No longer having to track down the retired (and expensive) Killer Croc to add to your Arkham Asylum, for instance! And all kinds of other reptilian monster-men.

I don't know if I really like this theme. The reason I would buy a set would be because of moc pieces.

That video is completely fake. If he had a speedorz set this is not the way to demonstrate it, in about two months he's going to look very dumb.

The animal clans were chosen according to 'coolness' of creature in testing with kids.

The 'helmets' and minifigure heads together make up the character head, this allowed more colours to be used in creating the heads without investing in hugely expensive new printing machines, meaning we could put more bricks into the models.

Thanks for the insight into how and why the heads are designed that way Nabii. Personally I much prefer the two plus part heads that build around the classic heads. Like you used here, or in Atlantis and AQ. I'm not as fond of the single custom mold heads. They just never seem to have as much expression or depth of character around the eyes.

Plus the animal head helms open up soon many fascinating MOC possibilities.

Two things I thought today looking at the recent pics of the minifigs.

1. This seems quite bloody for a theme. These characters are maimed and wounded. Quite grisly and grim really.

Have you taken a close look at the MF hero figures? They have all had so many parts and bits yanked off by monsters that I think they only have about 2 1/2 heroes spread thinly over 5 figs...

... I think they only have about 2 1/2 heroes spread thinly over 5 figs...

:laugh::rofl::roflmao: I would say though, these animals look slightly more battle-scared. Maybe it's more because of the bloody scars though - as far as I can remember, the MF heroes scars aren't really red.

There's this too - 70012 Razar's Chi Raider, or do we know about that one? Are both of them Summer releases?

We had heard that one before, with the original list. Given the numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if they were summer or at least March/April releases.

I'm thinking 70400 - 70405 are the constraction sets.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

In the dutch version of LEGO magazine, which I got today, the announcement for Chima shows a blue zamor sphere. I wonder if those are the Chi cores for the constraction sets?

The eagle castle sounds exciting BTW.

The eagle castle sounds exciting BTW.

Also a bit strange. Every thing else so far has been a vehicle. What would eagles be doing in a Castle anyways? :sceptic:

Also a bit strange. Every thing else so far has been a vehicle. What would eagles be doing in a Castle anyways? :sceptic:

What would eagles be doing in vehicles? It's a fantasy theme, and an eagle castle makes no less sense than the rest of it.

I'm quite glad we're actually getting a castle set! I hope it maintains the animal motifs that have so far defined the theme's vehicles and architecture-- something like these would be a dream come true!

If the Black Falcons can have a castle, why not the Eagles? :wink:

Maybe it'll be like the Thundercats' Cats Lair fortress... or the Silverhawks' Hawk Haven (ie with a big brick-built eagle head on a tower or over the gate or something)

I hope there's some substance to it, more like the Kingdoms' King's Castle or Fantasy King's Castle Siege than the flimsy-looking Dino headquarters/pen (with a bunch of vehicles taking the place of the dinosaurs)

Since at least half of the budget of that set was put into the dino's, I think we'll get a slightly more filled-up base this time.

70011 Eagle's Castle - a new one

Heck yes. I'm happy we're actually getting buildings along vehicles. I might actually save up for this one, provided it looks good and has both Eagles and Ravens. They're the minifigs I desire to collect the most (big birds fan).

I wonder if it's going to be a more traditional castle or something which blends in technology more, like the vehicles. I'm hoping for an Eagles tribe flag, among other things.

If the Black Falcons can have a castle, why not the Eagles? :wink:

:laugh: Edited by Shakar