wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Just bought 5 of those Elf poly's . Haha not sure why, but I immediately thought about filling out the Mirkwood spider and Warg scene with them even though the elves don't appear in those scenes in the book :p.

even though the elves don't appear in those scenes in the book :p.

That hasn't stopped Peter Jackson :P

I'm really happy to see this set even without the hair/ears.

Just ordered 3 from TRU. I'm not going to leave this one to chance as far as finding it at retail. Now watch, with my luck they'll be everywhere and I didn't have to pay for shipping. :-/

Edited by SirBlake

As for the hood, does anyone else find it odd the green is dark while the torso is the same sand green from the Barrel Escape set? Why not make a hood that matches color?

Dark green hood is also worn by Dr Doom in Super Heroes set Daily Bugle Showdown, so it was probably just cheaper to produce hoods for both sets in a single production run.

I just realized that the last time LEGO did Middle-Earth polybags, we got a good guy and a bad guy. Maybe they will do a Hunter Orc (the guys from the Warg set) polybag with an orc with a bow and arrow, some fire and a little bush. That way people could stock up on both elves and normal orcs, which are two armies we desperately need.

Then again we also got one named character (Frodo) and one nameless army builder (Uruk-hai soldier), so the Elf Guard could count as the army builder and the other set would then be Bilbo or Thorin, probably. Also while not baddies, the Mirkwood Elves do count as somewhat antagonistic faction in the story until later. Is it known that we are getting two polybags this time too?

I only got one Uruk-Hai polybag, but I would get many of these. As someone above said, we need an army builder for the Elves.

I'm not sure if my copy of the LotR game will come with pre order codes, and I don't want to wait for them to go up on PSN. If someone uploaded the codes, would they work more than once?

Thanks! :)

Then again we also got one named character (Frodo) and one nameless army builder (Uruk-hai soldier), so the Elf Guard could count as the army builder and the other set would then be Bilbo or Thorin, probably. Also while not baddies, the Mirkwood Elves do count as somewhat antagonistic faction in the story until later. Is it known that we are getting two polybags this time too?

The reason I thought it would be nice to get another army builder polybag is because not many people want an army of Bilbo figs. Orcs and elves would be a lot nicer. I even thought that they could have a polybag with an orca and a Warg, but it is very unlikely that LEGO would put that large an animal in a polybag. There hasn't been any confirmation on a second polybag set, but judging from the two LOTR ones, I would'nt be surprised if we get two polybag sets for each Middle-Earth wave.

The reason I thought it would be nice to get another army builder polybag is because not many people want an army of Bilbo figs. Orcs and elves would be a lot nicer.

I certainly agree, I just pondered on the other less ideal possibilities. As we know TLC doesn't seem to like releasing army builders nearly as much as we like to collect them. Though in the end the whole question of polybags is rather trivial to me personally, because I don't think I've ever seen any polybags here in Finland except some City police helicopters.

I certainly agree, I just pondered on the other less ideal possibilities. As we know TLC doesn't seem to like releasing army builders nearly as much as we like to collect them. Though in the end the whole question of polybags is rather trivial to me personally, because I don't think I've ever seen any polybags here in Finland except some City police helicopters.

Yeah, polybags seem to be rare here. At least the Uruk one never came here, just Frodo. So I kinda hope that the Elf one will replace the Frodo one in TRUs here. And I know that spending roughly $100 on polybags may seem ridiculous, but you can get half the amount of figs for roughly the same price by getting two or three Uruk Army sets. Plus, the tree pieces will be useful for making larger forests for the elves to inhabit.

Nice polybag, but I'm in complete agreement with Deathleech on this one: I immediately thought this set would need:

- elf hair to alternate between hood and hair piece

- either a light green hood colour (same colour as Faramir) or dark green cape for contrast

name='Infernum' timestamp='1353344552' post='1436888']

Toys R Us has it avaible for international shipping for those of you who were wondering how to get it in certain countries.

Could you please tell me where to find that info? I can only read "United States, including all territories".

Edit: Never mind, it's right under the item description rather than in the "How to get it" tab.[/s]

Edit: Although it does state that international shipping is available, I cannot get to the checkout due to the error message: "The item cannot be shipped to the country you selected." Too bad. So here's waiting for eBay sales at inflated prices...

Edited by Lynx

I love it. :wub_drool: Great fig (dark green hood looks rather good with olive green clothing if you ask me), which finally gets quiver :excited: , mushroom and very nice setting overall - what else can you want from polybag :purrr:.

Als for those complaining about lack of hair, I think that hood is better since:

a) Elf Guard looks diffrent from that included in Barrel Escape

b) With hair Guard can get both longbow and quiver

c) who doessn't want to get dark green hood :grin:

Hopefully we will get it with one of the Sun promotions next time. I have seen some of the promotion polybags (Cars & City ones.) on sale in TRU in the UK after the promotion week is over so it maybe worth checking a TRU in the UK although the ones I saw were being offered for £3.99 which was a bit steep for what they are and a bit too much to army build with, still I'd probably grab a couple if I saw them just because of what they were and what was in them. Fingers crossed we get them though..

Just ordered 3 from TRU. I'm not going to leave this one to chance as far as finding it at retail. Now watch, with my luck they'll be everywhere and I didn't have to pay for shipping. :-/

I had the same concern, but went ahead and ordered 5 anyway :blush:

A hair piece (different color from the Barrels elf guard) and/or a cape or Olive hood would've been ideal, but now I just have an excuse to get more Uruk-Hai Army sets to steal Eomer's cape! Wine glass, longbow, dark green hood (great for forestmen, Green Arrow customs, etc), and a nice generic Elf Soldier body, PLUS a tiny tree to add to the brighter parts of Mirkwood? That's pretty good!

Edit: Although it does state that international shipping is available, I cannot get to the checkout due to the error message: "The item cannot be shipped to the country you selected." Too bad. So here's waiting for eBay sales at inflated prices...

Same here, can't ship it to Belgium or the Netherlands. I sent the store an email to check just in case. Darn this is one hell of a polybag so I do hope it shows up here in the NL!

Yeah, polybags seem to be rare here. At least the Uruk one never came here, just Frodo. So I kinda hope that the Elf one will replace the Frodo one in TRUs here. And I know that spending roughly $100 on polybags may seem ridiculous, but you can get half the amount of figs for roughly the same price by getting two or three Uruk Army sets. Plus, the tree pieces will be useful for making larger forests for the elves to inhabit.

The Uruk-hai Army set was still a far better deal though, unless you strictly wanted the fully armored Uruk-hai and nothing else. With the Uruk-hai Army set you are getting 6 minifigures, a new horse, and 257 pieces. That comes out to be around 5 bucks per minifigure and 12 cents per piece. With the Uruk-hai polybag you were getting one minifigure for 5 bucks and 21 pieces which is 24 cents per pieces (at a normal polybag price of $4 it's 4 per minifig and 19 cents per piece.. though I know some people got lucky getting them super cheap through the Sun promotion which is obviously an unbeatable deal at around a buck).

That reminds me, speaking of the Uruk-hai polybag was the one given out during the Sun promotion in a much bigger baggy than most poylbags? I ordered one off eBay as I live in the U.S., and apparently the only place to get them was at Discovery Centers. I was just wondering if all the Uruk-hai polybags had the same super huge bags as the one I recieved or if it was just the ones sold there...

photo-2.jpg

I love it. :wub_drool: Great fig (dark green hood looks rather good with olive green clothing if you ask me), which finally gets quiver :excited: , mushroom and very nice setting overall - what else can you want from polybag :purrr:.

Als for those complaining about lack of hair, I think that hood is better since:

a) Elf Guard looks diffrent from that included in Barrel Escape

b) With hair Guard can get both longbow and quiver

c) who doessn't want to get dark green hood :grin:

I do agree, the hood is probably more useful since you can use it with a quiver and it's a more unique color. I also think it will look amazing with Eomer's cape and make for some great modded Ithilien Rangers. I just would of liked to have both options with the hair and ears. I find not having the ears/hair pieces makes them look much less elvish and much more like normal humans since the rest of the Lego body is identicle other than the printing.

Same here, can't ship it to Belgium or the Netherlands. I sent the store an email to check just in case. Darn this is one hell of a polybag so I do hope it shows up here in the NL!

Please share if you receive an answer.

That reminds me, speaking of the Uruk-hai polybag was the one given out during the Sun promotion in a much bigger baggy than most poylbags? I ordered one off eBay as I live in the U.S., and apparently the only place to get them was at Discovery Centers. I was just wondering if all the Uruk-hai polybags had the same super huge bags as the one I recieved or if it was just the ones sold there...

Yeah, Uruk-Hai and Frodo's Cooking Corner were in bigger bags, whilst other Sun promotions (I only got the Thor one) were regular sized.

I forgot to comment about the polybag earlier, but it looks great! I hope this is a plan of the LEGO Reform of 2013* to make most polybags have a unique character.

Edited by just2good

I forgot to comment about the polybag earlier, but it looks great! I hope this is a plan of the LEGO Reform of 2013* to make most polybags have a unique character.

I like the nameless figures more for armys!

Picked up 3 of the elf polybags... A review will be up tomorrow.

Edited by CBMM1

I think we've been hearing Nov 27th in Lego stores. Just after the BF sales, which makes sense because Lego doesn't want to offer the new stuff with any kind of discount just yet.

Latest catalog confirms the 27th.

I ended up ordering 2 from the website. I may pick up a couple more if I see them in person. I also saw a post on another site of someone finding the Hobbit sets at a Walmart. Now I've got another store to add to my list.

Edited by Sirtank