wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

The only thing I like with the new poly bag is the hood,the set itself has nothing intresting and since I'm not a fan of elves I dont think I'll buy it.

How can you say that it has nothing interesting? It comes with tree parts, a mushroom, a goblet, and a longbow - all highly useful and/or rare parts.

I am very pumped for that Polybag. Finally one that has nice parts and can be an army builder....plus I am a fan of elves

Wow, that's an awesome polybag! A mushroom, a leaf piece, a barrel, a rare colour of hood piece and a very good and versatile torso. I hope against all odds that it would be available also in Finland.

That is a very cool polybag! If they come to the UK, I'll certainly buy one. If that turns out to be the Mirkwood Elves uniform, I'd get multiples.

Looks to be identical to the figure in Barrel Escape set, but with a hood and quiver instead of the Elven hair.

The polybag is amazing! I took 5x frodo's polybag only because my girlfriend went to NYC ... it will never arrive in Italy... so sad!

I suppose that on BL, price will be very high ... :sceptic:

Looks like a cool polybag,

but it's probably exclusive to some countries AGAIN... I missed the other two as well and since I wanted to get all Middle-Earth sets and figs,

I wonder if there will be any other chances for me to still get at least one of each, and hopefully as many Uruk-hai as possible... or was it only to be given away at the Sun Promotion-thing?

Edited by General Magma

That is a GREAT polybag! It's on par with the Uruk-hai one from the first LotR wave, maybe even better since we have no better ways to build elf armies like we did with the Uruk-hai Army set. The only thing that would of made the polybag better is if it also included an alternate elf hair piece. Really that's the only way to distinguish an elf from a human with the Lego minifigures... all well.

As for the hood, does anyone else find it odd the green is dark while the torso is the same sand green from the Barrel Escape set? Why not make a hood that matches color? I still think it will be ok.. all those Eomer cloaks I have laying around should match the hood perfectly and make the figure look significantly better. That, or you could also use it to make some Itilien Ranger mods! The mushroom and tree piece will be great for creating huge forests when you combine a few with the Mirkwood Spider and Attack of the Wargs sets, and the glass is always useful for creating feast scenes or what have you.

Edited by Deathleech

I still have not understood why elves are suddenly directly associated with excessive alcohol consumption.

The queen will hear of this.

I still have not understood why elves are suddenly directly associated with excessive alcohol consumption.

The queen will hear of this.

It was in the Hobbit book. The elves were constantly bartering for wine and such from their neighbors. In fact it plays a huge role in the dwarves escaping the elves once they have been captured.

Ah.. I see. If Tolkien saw it that way, who am I to argue?

I just realized there is rare dark orange in the bag which makes it even better.

If someone finds out how to get them in Germany or wants to make a deal with me, please let me know.

Edited by Wardancer

That polybag is amazing! I need to get at least 10, if not 20! Finally a rather cheap way of massing elf armies! I just hope it is at TRU's in Canada!

Wow that looks like an amazing set, I hope they come out in the UK, I'd love it if they came out in the next sun promotion but I can only dream :)

Love this polybag, the hood, mushroom, leaf, elven bow, great torso and the goblet! I just ordered a couple from TRU and will stop by the store later to check if they are in stock there

Nice set! Comes with all the pieces I'd want, though it seems TLG would rather not give us any more Elf hair, which is what I need at the moment. Still, I'll be picking up at least 2.

I'm guessing this will come to England like all the other polybags. I love living in England during free polybag week. The rest of the year, meh.

I just realized that the last time LEGO did Middle-Earth polybags, we got a good guy and a bad guy. Maybe they will do a Hunter Orc (the guys from the Warg set) polybag with an orc with a bow and arrow, some fire and a little bush. That way people could stock up on both elves and normal orcs, which are two armies we desperately need.

Toys R Us has it avaible for international shipping for those of you who were wondering how to get it in certain countries.

That polybag is amazing! I need to get at least 10, if not 20! Finally a rather cheap way of massing elf armies! I just hope it is at TRU's in Canada!

If not you can always join the 100's of Canadians who cross the broader to snap the great US prices. :laugh: This has given me an even better excuse to duck across the border and do some serious Lego shopping.

@ Infernum I just tried to order some online and have them shipped to Canada and it wouldn't let me.

Amazing polybag! I hope it's more available than the Uruk polybag though. I have never seen one of those on the wild, but dozens and dozens of Frodos can be found.