just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I personally would guess we'll get Ninjago first, since the TV show is ending (in North America) next Wednesday, so TLG will likely want to get the final wave out before Ninjago fades from kids' minds. That said, I am really hoping that the two smallest sets pop up after Brick Friday, so I can take a really close look and decide how much of this theme I'll be willing to get into. :wink:

Exactly what I was thinking,IMO LoC should have been released in summer so at least Ninjago would get better sales for their last wave,because I think it deserves it.

I don't think this means anything, but Laval and Kai have been removed from the Amazing Minifigure Sticker book:

Amazingminifigbookcoverchanged.png

-Sci

Weird,but it makes sense to take them off.

I personally would guess we'll get Ninjago first, since the TV show is ending (in North America) next Wednesday, so TLG will likely want to get the final wave out before Ninjago fades from kids' minds. That said, I am really hoping that the two smallest sets pop up after Brick Friday, so I can take a really close look and decide how much of this theme I'll be willing to get into. :wink:

I agree that Ninjago will likely be out first, almost a shame since I'm pretty much tied up until March, and I don't want to wait that long especially for Kai's Robot which will probably fly off shelves. Anyway, my guess is LEGO will save LoC until January (at least most of it) unless they air at least one episode (since I believe it has been confirmed that LoC will have a TV show) before then.

Reviews will probably pop up before christmas even.

Probably, especially considering that some minifig reviews are already out.

Some guy reviewed the Chi Battles set (very bad video) a while ago:

That's an atrociously bad video. I couldn't watch it. Has the kid never heard of light bulbs?

Kinda silly to take them off only now that everyone has seen them.

I completely agree. Why bother now. The original picture was out months ago, not too mention all over the net now, as well as all the official photos we now have...

Just wanted to share a few random tidbits I found through Google searches. Page 137 of this catalog discusses the Chima books but also tells some things to anticipate from the Chima brand:

Brand Highlights:

• This property includes a TV show on a major kids’ network, Minifigures and sets, and large buildable figures.

• Board games, online games, apps, social games, and more!

Board game sounds like it could be neat-- I liked the Ninjago board game. This also confirms constraction sets and a TV show... assuming it is talking about Chima, but with all the hints we've gotten at this point the likelihood of it being anything else is infinitesimal.

Edited by Aanchir

Nice to have confirmation on the TV show and the constraction. The board game I wasn´t expecting at all however. Seems a little conflicting to have both a board game and an `action game`.

What is that?

The "figure". Looks like a regular figure with pieces of paper on it. :laugh:

Edited by just2good

Nice to have confirmation on the TV show and the constraction. The board game I wasn´t expecting at all however. Seems a little conflicting to have both a board game and an `action game`.

I dunno. It worked pretty nicely for Ninjago (in that a brick-built spinner with four colored sides took the place of a die). Not sure if Speedorz functionality could really be built into one of the LEGO board games, but if they can manage it it might turn out pretty cool.

It looks like they got Christopher Nolan to do a dark moody and violent reboot of Fabuland.

Two things I thought today looking at the recent pics of the minifigs.

1. This seems quite bloody for a theme. These characters are maimed and wounded. Quite grisly and grim really.

2. Why are the bloody wounds of Longtooth the same on his helmet as on his face? Surely the helmet should have grey scarring if it is a helmet. Or are the masks supposed to be their actual faces and the head printing underneath is there to keep purists quiet?

Also, 3. If the Speedor bikes were real, the rear end would be dragging on the ground and they wouldn't be very efficient as a means of transport.

Also also, 4. I'm curious as to why they went with Ravens and not Vultures. The Ravens are cool but ugly Vultures would have made more sense. In terms of wild animals kicking the snot out of each other. I mean, Lions, Eagles, Wolves, Crocodiles, Gorillas and......... Ravens. It just doesn't spring to mind given the other animals and their size and strength. :dwacko:

Edited by Jargo

I guess you've never seen The Birds then? My grandmother was really scared of crows/ravens after seeing it.

I don't think it has quite the same effect on people these days though.. :laugh:

Two things I thought today looking at the recent pics of the minifigs.

1. This seems quite bloody for a theme. These characters are maimed and wounded. Quite grisly and grim really.

2. Why are the bloody wounds of Longtooth the same on his helmet as on his face? Surely the helmet should have grey scarring if it is a helmet. Or are the masks supposed to be their actual faces and the head printing underneath is there to keep purists quiet?

<snip>

Also also, 4. I'm curious as to why they went with Ravens and not Vultures. The Ravens are cool but ugly Vultures would have made more sense. In terms of wild animals kicking the snot out of each other. I mean, Lions, Eagles, Wolves, Crocodiles, Gorillas and......... Ravens. It just doesn't spring to mind given the other animals and their size and strength. :dwacko:

Ravens are also pretty dang smart... and these are animals who've been mutated into humanoids, so relative size of the pre-anthro animal doesn't really matter. The heads & 'helmets' (which are, like you said, probably meant to be the real heads with the 'purist' heads underneath) look much cooler in black than in dark flesh or dark tan or whatever they might be if Vultures were picked.

As to the bloody theme, Space Police III had at least one figure (Slizer) with ripped, bloody clothes.

Surely the helmet should have grey scarring if it is a helmet. Or are the masks supposed to be their actual faces and the head printing underneath is there to keep purists quiet?

My guess is the answer is yes. It's probably not that hard for LEGO and most people will likely consider the minifig heads a huge plus (I do!).

Ravens are pretty scary. Kinda disturbing even. I can just picture the Chima ravens whirling above the battlefield, stealing the Chi from dead warriors.

Edited by DraikNova

My guess is the answer is yes. It's probably not that hard for LEGO and most people will likely consider the minifig heads a huge plus (I do!).

I think it's also a matter of needing the animal eyes to provide the characters' expressions and filling in the rest of the animal faces so the heads aren't totally useless without the masks.