greg3

Small Garage/Workshop (MOD of set 361)

indexed.gif B-OV-38D

After a break of a few months I've decided to get back to my small LEGO village.... I've been meaning to give it a garage/petrol station for some time but size has been an issue (I want to use official set designs but they all need too much room) but then I found an image of set 361 (from 1979!) and decided to recreate it as best as I could with the parts I have... and here it is - I think of it a small family business repairing cars/bikes and other mechanical equipment. (I added a petrol pump based on those in the Town Plan set)

The building (just need some stickers for the roof sign and petrol pump)

dsc03108.jpg

Side view

dsc03110.jpg

Inside you can see I've added plenty of tools and a small workbench...

dsc03112.jpg

Unfortunately many modern cars are too long to fit in the garage properly :hmpf_bad: so an extension may be happening in the not so distant future but until then, if you need older vehicles, bikes, trikes, quads or SMART cars repaired he's your man!!

dsc03119.jpg

Once I've added a few stickers I'll be adding the garage to my village (when I've decided where it should go!)

Thanks for looking - comments always welcome!!

I :wub: it, adding a town plan petrol bowser helped it along too ! :grin:

It's an Esso more than an Octan.......try making stickers for it......only one for the pump and one for the building.....just enough without upsetting the purists ! :laugh:

Though you could of still used the original doors and still it would be AWESOME ! :grin: (I had one of those original red garage sheds when I was a kid :wub: )

Gee, I just had an idea......a retro refit......the wheels turn in the tigers head ! :laugh:

Excellent work 'greg3'......I hope there is more coming ? So Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks for the comments.... Unfortunately I didn't have the original doors (will have to look on Bricklink) so I had to make do with the roller door. And don't worry LT there's plenty more to come....

Thanks for the comments.... Unfortunately I didn't have the original doors (will have to look on Bricklink) so I had to make do with the roller door. And don't worry LT there's plenty more to come....

I can get those doors.....hence why the tiger is interested.....a small tyre place sounds good ! :wink: (yet another one :laugh: )

Now I will wait and see what's next in your village.....a corner store or small police station ? :wink:

Excellent garage!! It's simple, but Instantly recognizable!! I really like your gas pump, I may have to use it in my own city!! Great job!

:jollyroger:

Very well done. :thumbup: It is a very loevely little garage with a lot of details. It is nice to see someone trying to move an original model a little further. Great job there, i love it. :wub:

Cool MOC! Feels like one of those shops you'd find by the side of the road in a small town next to a gas station.