Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #48: Death's Homecoming

Johon lifts his sword above his head and prepares to kill death itself. But doesn't. Instead he stands motionless and a tear rolls down his cheek.

pic_7_final.jpg"I... I, I don't want to kill anyone. It's different to kill someone and to let them know that it will occur."

u4RZo.png"You really are weak. More weak than any of your 'heroes' at that Heroica. You are all weak... ...but you, you can't bring yourself to kill me? You can't avenge your parents, your home, your organization."

pic_7_final.jpg"I am not weak, I am empathic." Johon's grip tightens. "But this has gone too far. You have killed countless innocents, including my parents. This ends today." Johon slashes his sword downward into Rhodus, aiming for his Ether-core heart (I guess that's what it would be).

*snip*

"You did the right thing Johon. Don't let it get to you. He deserved what he got." Stated Sylph soothingly as he eyed the creature.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Johon takes his Sword of Decay. His sword slashes straight through Rhodus's face grid and cuts it in half, his blade also digging deeply into Rhodus's face. Johon suddenly feels a rage growing in him - a rage he had been harboring for the entire battle. He clenches his fist and sweat rolls down his face... and he goes berserk. Slash after slash, stab after stab, Johon bombards Rhodus with every ounce of strength he has. With every attack another spurt of blood bursts from Rhodus' face, forming a hideous scarlet puddle at Johon's feet. Rhodus rears up in pain, roaring... and Johon runs forth. Taking advantage of the opening, he sinks his blade into Rhodus' chest, the sword impaling the beast's heart. Rhodus' roaring ceases and his eyes glow brighter and brighter... then dim, as he collapses on his side. Through the broken face grid the party can see Rhodus for what he truly was: a vulnerable, fleshy mass of organs controlling a rock-hard husk.

u4RZo.png

"Eh heh heh... Thatta boy. Mustered the courage to kill little old me, hm?"

Rhodus draws a sharp gasp, then continues between fits of wheezing, coughing, and gurgling blood. His voice is raspy and faint, and the party has to draw closer to hear it.

u4RZo.png

"To think... that little brat those 800 years ago... would somehow come back to kill me. Haah hah haaaah. Oh, the irony. It's delicious."

With one last chuckle, Rhodus's glowing blue eyes are extinguished completely. His arms and tail fall limp, his entire body laying still in the pool of his own blood. At long last, Rhodus... was dead.

qi64g.png

"It's... *cough* he's... Rhodus... *wheeze* Finally... he is dead.

What did he mean by *wheeze* 800 years ago, Johon...? You barely look like you're in your mid-twenties..."

QM Note: When the Opal is distributed, and you finish any RP, we can head back downstairs to Ayla."

Sylph picked up the opal and tossed it in the air a foot and caught it, amused by the stone. He then tossed it to Elgar. "Here's for translating for me." He chuckled, making his way to the door and standing there.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"I don't exactly know." Johon says, thinking back to the day it all happened. His memory was vague at best, but suddenly he remembers. He understands. Trying to fit it all together into words, he explains.

"800 years ago, when my home was attacked, my parents knew what was going to happen. They knew they would not survive, but they wanted to do everything they could to prevent the inevitable future. They gave me this." Johon says, holding the small platonic sphere on his necklace. "It is my destiny. It took me away, but saved my life. It knew the future, as I said, it is my destiny. I don't know how it knew but it transported me through time because of something. Maybe it knew that this would be the time I could make a difference. But I want to follow it, where I don't yet know."

Johon looks back at the necklace and sighs.

"That is why I couldn't remember. But there was a purpose. It wanted me to learn early hand, not to rush in and get myself killed at be reckless."

Johon looks downward and starts to walk.

"Come on. Let's go win the war, not just the battle."

The Party:

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs) *Party Leader!*

unknown age, unknown race Druid

Level 17.5

Power: 25 (17+7+1)

Defense: 0

Health: 1/33c(9+16+7+1)

Ether: 19/22 (5+16+1)

Gold: 234

Equipment: Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Helmet (Max. health +1)

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP:7), Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 1 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Tonic x2, Grand Tonic, Remedy, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Crumbling Venom, Journal of The Bleeding, Sword Fragment (1)

galen2.pngGalen Woodward (Fugazi)

36 year old male human Rogue

Level 13.5

Power: 21 (12+8)

Defense: 2 (+2)

Health: 23/23 (7+12+4)

Gold: 763

Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Rangers and Rogues, +1 SP +4 Health), Leather Armour (SP:1)

Inventory: Fauxthril Shuriken (WP:5, ranged), Throwing Dagger (WP:4, ranged), Bedroll, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX, Grand Potion, Remedy x3, Nostrum x2, Mead x2, Fire Bomb, Deadly Venom, Crumbling Venom x2 Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable) Mead, Black Katana (WP:8)

pic_7_final.jpg

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts)

25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 20

Power: 28 (18+8+0)

Health: 34/34 (18+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (1 + 5)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed*), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 557 (186G(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment: Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Sword of Decay (WP:8)(once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.) Hide of The Bleeding (Backwear, restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone)

Heavy Armour – SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights.

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect.

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (3), Grand Potion, Venom, Ice Bomb (1), Mead (1)

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: (None)

005.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 18.5 Evoker

Power: 29

Defense: 0

Health: 26/26

Ether: 17/18

Gold: 400

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald,SapphireTopaz ,3 Venoms, Spade,Pickaxe,3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf),Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether) ,Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usuable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Grand Tonic x3, Opal

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Lycan Dean (played by theBoyWonder)

Level 10 Rogue *Immune to weakened*

Power: 21

Health: 14/14

Gold: 357 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP: 8, consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Pugillist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4), Fire Bomb, Grand Potion, Deadly Venom x2, Venom x3, Mead

alexandreavatar.pngAlexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 16 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 24

Defense: 13

Health: 36/36

Ether: 10/16

Gold: 100

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Potion, Remedy, Grand Tonic, Mead

qi64g.png"It's over... *wheeze* finally over...!"

Punii, 2 month year old Progg Alchemist

Jellies: Green x3, Blue x2, Red x1

With Rhodus finally dispatched, and Johon finally having an understanding of his past, the party trots back downstairs. The two Toxiproggs help steady a healthier Hal. he still seems a bit weak, but he was finally standing.The two spiders who were met earlier do a joyous backflip over the heroes' victory. Ayla, who was sitting on a stool, stands up, overjoyed to see the heroes return.

KhaBM.png

"I... can't thank you and your organization enough. Their may be the mess of a lifetime upstairs, but I'll gladly take that in exchange for my life. Thank you so, so much.

I've already put some gold into the reward pot, but I believe a little extra reward is in order. :blush: "

phu3i.jpg

180 gold!

KhaBM.png

"Oh, and I use these sometimes when I'm doing bills. Maybe they'll be of use to you?"

Npez0.png

20-20 glasses (Artifact, headwear): Super-powerful glasses that makes text easier to read. Makes scroll effects last 1 more round then the norm, at the cost of 2 max ether.

LFW9s.png

"I didn't see it, but I bet the brawl that was going down up there was intense. Thanks for saving our hide, heroes. I don't have much in the way of gold, but maybe I'll be able to lend you a hand on the battlefield sometime soon."

AbK1q.png

"Good going trouncing Rhodus up there, aye? Swing by the burrow if you have time later, we got some great new info and even greater new venom."

qlIEf.pngR8oJK.png

"Wheee! Yaaaay! The death progg is ~dead~! The death progg is ~dead~! Woohoo!"

Edited by Endgame

With Rhodus finally dispatched, and Johon finally having an understanding of his past, the party trots back downstairs. The two Toxiproggs help steady a healthier Hal. he still seems a bit weak, but he was finally standing.The two spiders who were met earlier do a joyous backflip over the heroes' victory. Ayla, who was sitting on a stool, stands up, overjoyed to see the heroes return.

KhaBM.png

"I... can't thank you and your organization enough. Their may be the mess of a lifetime upstairs, but I'll gladly take that in exchange for my life. Thank you so, so much.

I've already put some gold into the reward pot, but I believe a little extra reward is in order. :blush: "

phu3i.jpg

180 gold!

KhaBM.png

"Oh, and I use these sometimes when i'm doing bills. Maybe they'll be of use to you?"

Npez0.png

20-20 glasses (Artifact, headwear): Super-powerful glasses that makes text easier to read. Makes scroll effects last 1 more round then the norm, at the cost of 2 max ether.

LFW9s.png

"I didn't see it, but I bet the brawl that was going down up there was intense. Thanks for saving our hide, heroes. I don't have much in the way of gold, but maybe I'll be able to lend you a hand on the battlefield sometime soon."

AbK1q.png

"Good going trouncing Rhodus up there, aye? Swing by the burrow if you have time later, we got some great new info and even greater new venom."

qlIEf.pngR8oJK.png

"Wheee! Yaaaay! The death progg is ~dead~! The death progg is ~dead~! Woohoo!"

"Thank you friends, we would not have even been capable of fighting him had you not rescued us from his torture session. Thank you too for these gifts. We were unprepared for the magnitude of this invasion and the help you have provided us is wonderful." turning to his party, Sylph said "OK, 30 gold for everyone. Would it be improper of me to ask for those goggles? I think I would benefit from them most."

(OoC: Punii should have 1 more of each jelly.)

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"It would probably be a good idea to head back to the Town Hall now, we need more consumables. Then pay another visit to the Toxiproggs."

Sylph, what about that safe In the marketplace?

I think the safe contained this merchantman's supplies:

RRl6V.png

"Yes indeedy! You'll be able ta shop til' ya drop soon enough!

I even just imported some Trial Brew, too! I'll get my shop up and runnin' soon enough. I'll be operating from the Town Hall, though Operating from the marketplace would be plain nuts.

OoC: My stats should read Power: 22 (13+9) :classic:

~Posting at 3 in the morning... I probably wont be on today, holiday trip, so I give my control to Sylph/Dannylonglegs.

"Alright, good. Yes, let's bring these people back to the Town Hall, by way of the marketplace to pick up the safe. Also, I think I'll heal myself."

The party treks back to tthe Town Hall, cutting through the marketplace and snagging the vault. They arrive safely in the Town Hall, and are greeted by a pacing Shaun Hoppe.

RRl6V.png

"Uugh. Where'd I leave those goods..."

Edited by Endgame

"Don't worry, I belive we found your safe in the marketplace. " Elgar then. Turned to face the other heroes. "I belive it is time to hand in the safe."

"Didn't we just deal with that?"

"Didn't we just deal with that?"

"We have not handed in the safe yet. As far as I am aware we have only picked it up from the market. I hope I have not suffered brain damage from Rhodus's saddisic torture sessions

Edited by Jedi master Brick

Shaun keys in the combination W-H-A-D-D-Y-A-B-U-Y-I-N-G and the vault creaks open. The young shopkeep sprawls his goods out on the floor.

RRl6V.png

"Thank ya very much! Now... Whaddya buying?"

heroica-potion.jpg

Potion – Restores 10 health to the target. Costs7 gold.

heroica-tonic.jpg

Tonic – Restores 5 ether to the target. Costs 18 gold.

heroica-grandpotion.jpg

Grand Potion – Restores 25 health to the target. Costs 12 gold.

heroica-grandtonic.jpg

Grand Tonic – Restores 15 ether to the target. Costs 35 gold.

heroica-elixir.jpg

Elixir – Restores 50 health and 10 ether to the target and removes all negative effects from the target. Costs 50 gold.

heroica-phoenixessence.jpg

Phoenix Essence – Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle. Costs 65 gold.

heroica-mead.jpg

Mead - Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle. Costs 20 gold.

heroica-smellingsalts.jpg

Smelling Salts - Causes the hastened-effect, allowing the target to act twice in one round for the duration of one battle. Costs 30 gold.

heroica-nostrum.jpg

Nostrum - Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle. Costs 40 gold.

heroica-soma.jpg

Soma – Causes the blessed-effect, allowing the target to recover 3 health at the end of each round for the duration of one battle. Costs 55 gold.

rGbaQ.jpg

Trial Brew: Halves the drinkers max HP, max ether, and max SP for the duration of one battle. These effects are irremediable. Surviving a battle without getting knocked out in this state nets you double EXP. Being revived after being knocked-out removes these effects. Costs 80 gold.

"Your merchandise is expensive, Shaun. Are you sure you couldn't make an effort for big spenders like us? We are bound to require your services many times before this city is cleansed of evil."

RRl6V.png

"I give discounts to one guy, everyone else wants em'.

Got a business to run here."

Though young, the young man obviously was good at his trade...

RRl6V.png

"...25% percent discount on the first item you purchase.

Fair enough, aye?"