I was able to sweet talk the sales person at Gamestop yesterday to give me an Elrond with my non pre-order purchase of the game.

I was all over ebay trying to get one, but hadn't seen anything for under $25 U.S.

Bricklink still hadn't put it in the system yet, but I've noticed a few sellers on the forums there looking to sell their Elrond polybags.

Turns out a family member who doesn't give two shakes about Lego got an Elrond the day the game released and he has been sitting on their desk in the polybag for days.

I was able to sweet talk the sales person at Gamestop yesterday to give me an Elrond with my non pre-order purchase of the game.

I was all over ebay trying to get one, but hadn't seen anything for under $25 U.S.

Bricklink still hadn't put it in the system yet, but I've noticed a few sellers on the forums there looking to sell their Elrond polybags.

Turns out a family member who doesn't give two shakes about Lego got an Elrond the day the game released and he has been sitting on their desk in the polybag for days.

That's funny, same here...the GameStop people here were really kind about the delayed release of the PC version of the game here in the States and allowed me to get the fig early. Pretty great fig! And awesome employees at GameStop!

Lucky for you guys. The GameStop here wasn't super friendly about customer service, let alone the figures. They forgot all about the pre-order bonus. I had to remind them of it. They were more concerned with Call of Duty I guess.

Hey everyone.

I called up LEGO because I now have 2 Elrond figures with the short capes. The rep looked it up online and saw that, yes, it should come with the long dark blue cape and apologized about the confusion. LEGO is now shipping 2 long dark blue capes to me to fix the "error."

This seems like the best fix for the problem, just be nice to customer service :wink:

Well the LEGO rep lied to me then. He said they don't make dark blue long capes and that it was an error on the packaging. Basically telling me I'm SOL. It's really luck of the draw with LEGO reps from my experience because I'm never mean to anyone. I am always super friendly and even apologize for bothering them to no avail. I guess I'll just contact them again about it since others seem to be getting a long blue cape.

The dark blue cape was last in production in 2008, during the fantasy era. The short dark blue cape entered production in 2012. Now, it's possible that they have a stock of dark blue capes or are producing them again, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I just got lucky today! Was at the mall getting a Cinnabon:drool: and decided to stop on in the GameStop and check. At first he said no, they were just pre-orders. Then as I was about to walk out the door he called to me. Turns out he had one(maybe more). So he gave it to me. :grin:

Despite what you hear, always be sure to ask! Now I'm off to TRU to find that new polybag...

I think I mentioned it in the main LOTR/Hobbit thread, but my days-after-Halloween preorder showed up yesterday, and Elrond was indeed the bonus they'd mailed separately! Phew. Might be worth checking at a GameStop location to see if they have leftovers... could always use more Elves!

When I called LEGO about the blue capes, I was told that, despite the picture, their records show that the Elrond fig should come with a short cape. I asked if they had any long capes to send anyway and was told no, but he did offer to send a reddish brown cape, which I took him up on.

Honestly, I don't think he looks too bad with the short one. I probably will still look around for a comparable long cape though.

I called up LEGO because I now have 2 Elrond figures with the short capes. The rep looked it up online and saw that, yes, it should come with the long dark blue cape and apologized about the confusion. LEGO is now shipping 2 long dark blue capes to me to fix the "error."

Can you please confirm (preferably in the Elrond review thread, which might still be active for a while), when and if you recieve the capes? I'm planning on buying a few of these guys and would like to contact LEGO for the long capes and also ask what's the point in sending replacements to someone and denying others requests on customer support!?

EB Games have updated the listings for the game on their website (if you are wondering, it is still a pre-order in Australia, the release date here is next week) and have put the pre-order bonus back in, with a noticeable change: "while stocks last"

I can either assume that this is to cover them when pretty much everyone misses out on getting an Elrond, or that there is a new batch available but some may still miss out. The fact that the "bonus" disappeared from the listing for a few weeks is an ill sign in any case.

I contacted Lego customer service online, and they told me that the long blue capes were retired. Instead, they offered to send me a cape of my choice.

I got mine yesterday, also from amazon.de (special edition) and with the same small cape :(

So has anyone actually gotten the long blue cap? I mean actually gotten it and has it in hand, not simply being told by Lego they are being sent one only to receive the short version?

To anybody in Ireland/UK, Smyths has the Elrond figure in a bundle pack with the game. No pre-order required, just run in and buy it.

Man, I haven't been online here in a while!

I went to Gamestop today and asked about the possibility of buying the figure on its own, but they wouldn't budge. :hmpf_bad:

I just scored one on eBay for $16, though. Probably the cheapest I'll be able to get it for!

16 isn't bad! I got Haldir for 16 on ebay and an Elrond for 18 plus shipping. So I have 9 Elronds total and just need some more Haldir minifgs to make a Galadhrim unit and then some Mirkwood Elf guards to have a sentry patrol.

Only one employee gave me one extra, she was nice when I asked but yeah I don't think they will sell them outright. If you ask them what they do with extras they say it is for customers purchasing copies of the game until they run out.

Edited by Mahtion

What? Please clarify! What do you mean by "It's a long dkblue cape!" Do you want to say "It should have been a long cape." or that it actually is a long cape?