Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

Heroica RPG - Expert Job Class Discussion

Everyone, with my Croise trilogy almost over, I want to have an advanced class for a reward. But where to start? I don't have any ideas. :sadnew: So should I have a rebellious Fraternity class, a Croise Class, or a Charis Guard class?

Croise Class. But would I be eligible, since I didn't get any reputation from the Croise...

Perhaps just a straight-up neutral "Charis Brawler" or something like that would be sufficient?

Endgame, don't force it. You don't seem to have a clear idea for an expert class, so why do you want one as a reward so badly?

Of course, if someone is willing to help you out with the brainstorming, then its another case completely...

Bleh, a mix-up. :wacko:

Everyone, with my Croise trilogy almost over, I want to have an advanced class for a reward. But where to start? I don't have any ideas. :sadnew: So should I have a rebellious Fraternity class, a Croise Class, or a Charis Guard class?

The place generally to start is to think about something like a stereotype your class fits into and then develop a stat niche into where they fit. You need to give your class a reason people would want to play as it and figure out specifically what role they would play in a Party. Once you have that role and stat strength in mind, then you start crafting the rolls, shield special, abilities, HP and Ether bonus to make them embody that role.

For examples: Jeb's Harlot, is an etherless stat inducing role that focuses on hurting and causing confusion among enemies over the long term. Scuba's infiltrator class, is an offensive class that works best in Parties of the same nature (i.e. offensive classes).

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Endgame, don't force it. You don't seem to have a clear idea for an expert class, so why do you want one as a reward so badly?

Of course, if someone is willing to help you out with the brainstorming, then its another case completely...

...When did I ever force what? It was just a suggestion. :wacko:

Unless you're talking about the Juggernaut I was working on a page or two ago, that was just brainstorming. I have no idea where I'd even incorporate it. :blush:

Unless you're talking about the Juggernaut I was working on a page or two ago, that was just brainstorming. I have no idea where I'd even incorporate it. :blush:

I think Sandy mistook you for John Paul.

I apologize, I mixed up you and Capt.JohnPaul, as Brickdoctor kindly pointed out. :blush:

I apologize, I mixed up you and Capt.JohnPaul, as Brickdoctor kindly pointed out. :blush:

Woah, that is kind of cool. When you edited your post what I was quoting automatically adjusted itself - neat software!

Also, one time I mixed up sugar and flour while baking. Disasters ensued. We're all human, unfortunately. :tongue:

Also, one time I mixed up sugar and flour while baking. Disasters ensued. We're all human, unfortunately. :tongue:

I want a killer chef class. Now. :tongue:

I want a killer chef class. Now. :tongue:

We know there are Killer Teuthisal Butchers, so it's not that farfetched...

We're all human, unfortunately. :tongue:

You're wishing we were all proggs, aren't you? :grin:

You're wishing we were all proggs, aren't you? :grin:

Such would be nice. :grin:

Also, a killer chef class could actually be interesting... :look: Perhaps a more volatile alchemist, or a class that attacks lowers SP?

Also, a killer chef class could actually be interesting... :look: Perhaps a more volatile alchemist, or a class that attacks lowers SP?

SHIELD: Wine in Front of Me - The Killer Chef serves his target poisoned wine, causing the Lethally Poisoned effect. A Lethally Poisoned enemy loses 25 Health each turn.

MOLDY BREAD/APPLESAUCE & SAUSAGES - The Killer Chef serves his target moldy bread, causing the Badly Poisoned effect. Alternatively, the Killer Chef can serve his ally sausages with applesauce, restoring 20 Health.

STAGNANT WATER/ALE - The Killer Chef serves his target water taken from a stagnant source, causing the Poisoned effect. Alternatively, the Killer Chef can serve his ally ale, causing the Encouraged effect.

RAW APPLE/ROASTED APPLE - The Killer Chef serves his target a raw apple, causing the Afraid effect. Alternatively, the Killer Chef can serve his ally a roasted apple, causing the Hastened effect.

WILD MUSHROOMS - The Killer Chef serves his target a wild mushroom. A die is rolled, and the target is made either (1, 2, 3) Lucky or (4, 5, 6) Jinxed.

DAMAGE - The Killer Chef is struck by the opponent's attack.

SPECIAL DAMAGE - The Killer Chef is struck by the opponent's Special skill.

What do you expect from a chef in the middle of a battle? :tongue:

There's a Progg the size of a housecat doing more damage than pretty much the entire Quest 48 party combined. :laugh:

There's a Progg the size of a housecat doing more damage than pretty much the entire Quest 48 party combined. :laugh:

That's only because he always rolls 6s when mixing! :head_back: (when he's making, he only rolls 1s)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Of all the heroes, I think Punii holds the record for most enemies killed at once.

He nuked 6 Proggs at once during the rally. :grin:

Of all the heroes, I think Punii holds the record for most enemies killed at once.

Just wait till I throw my Bomb XX! :devil:And kill half of my party! :tongue:

You know, now that I think of it, a Killer Chef could concievably act sort of like a reverse Witch--it would be immune to poisoning of any kind, and its attacks would be weak but would restore health to itself. The Shield would inflict the Wither-effect on the enemy (basically Deadly Poisoned for 3-5 Rounds, but the health lost is drained to the Killer Chef). I like the Wild Mushrooms idea, Doc, though it'd naturally be tweaked to better suit a self-oriented class (i.e. not one that performs actions on allies). Special Damage would need an action to complete the mirroring, though...

Tentative Job Traits: Gluttony - This character's extreme gluttony renders them immune to all poisons. Instant Items (see Alchemist), ???

It wasn't a serious idea. I thought of Wine in Front of Me, and then of Applesauce and Sausages, and wanted to use those.

Alright, since you asked for it, JimBee... It's about time I delve into these suggestions, anyway.

Winged Warrior

Additional Health: +9

Weapons: Winged Warriors generally used ranged weapons such as bows, crossbows and throwing weapons, but can also use daggers, longswords, and spears.

Job Traits: Keen Eye: Allows the Winged Warrior to see far without a telescope. Natural Respite: see Barbarian. Flying - Winged Warrior can flap their wings to get to higher point, fly over obstacles, etc.

Battle Style: Aerial - Winged Warriors fight while in flight, and prefer swift, aerial assaults. They can soar higher to gain the upper hand in battle.

1. SHIELD: Take to the Skies - The Winged Warrior flaps its mighty wings, causing gusts of wind that stun all enemies for the current round, while making themselves invulnerable for the next round. In addition, wind-elemental damage equal to the Winged Warrior's level is dealt to all enemies.

2. CRITICAL HIT/FLY EVEN HIGHER - Deals damage equal to 2x WP added to level. Optionally, any attempt to fly will result in the next successful attack dealing 4x damage.

3. HIT/FLY HIGHER - Deals damage equal to WP added to level. Optionally, any attempt to fly will result in the next successful attack dealing 3x damage.

4. LINED-UP SHOT/FLY: The Winged Warrior takes a turn to line up an accurate shot on their opponent. The following turn they will deal 2x WP + Level, plus inflict the Fragile effect on the opponent. If their target is defeated before then, they will instead fire on the next available enemy. Optionally, any attempt to fly will result in the next successful attack dealing 2x damage.

5. DAMAGE/NO FLYING - Receives damage equal to the level of the enemy. Any attempt at flying fails.

6. SPECIAL DODGE/NO FLYING - Has a 50/50 chance of dodging the enemy's special so that it hits the next ally in the battle order, unless the special affects everyone. Any attempt at flying fails.

I'm most curious about how you will explain the heroes suddenly sprouting wings. I take this job class is related to the Rito Clan, right?

The choices for weapons and the job traits seem fine to me. The Shield-skill is good too, although it could use some rewording to make the effects clearer.

The flying skill seems excellent, but in my opinion rolling 1, 5 or 6 on the next turn should negate it. The point of the skill is that the W.W. flies up and plummets down upon the enemy, right? So if on the next turn the enemy gets to attack the W.W., by all logic the warrior isn't flying anymore. Do you understand what I mean with this?

I'm also confused about the lined-up shot. It seems out of place, especially since the class doesn't even specialize in ranged weapons. It's also very powerful for a fourth tier skill. Maybe "AIM" would suffice instead?

That's about it. If you can answer these questions, we can start negotiating about getting the class to an approvable stage. :wink: