wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Thanks for the images Grogall! When can we expect to see the folders public?

I have added HR images for all the Hobbit sets to my BS gallery! (Folders still needs to clear)

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Thanks mate, we know we can rely on you!

I got a Hobbit set from Kmart today. It was a hassle, as they had all the sets in the back of the store in boxes, so I couldn't film and pick through the sets. I did get the Mirkwood set, though!

And if y'all can tolerate my (somewhat) annoying voice, here is a video review I made out of the set! It's impressive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ_1kHP2_ok

Does anyone know if Kili/Fili's hairpiece can be used on Gandalf with the beard piece?

Sadly, it can't. I just tried it. The rim of the beard blocks the hair piece.

So I was able to order the Bag End and Mirkwood sets last night from Kmart. Never bought from them before. I received an conformation for Bag End being shipped but they canceled my Mirkwood set. Called up Customer Service and they told me my Mirkwood set was still being processed despite TWO e-mails from them telling me different. :wacko: Regardless, they took my money for both sets, so I better have both coming to me...

You guys are right, the quiver does work with Thorin. For some reason it seemed alittle too snug the first time I tried it.

Just found that TV clip elsewhere and it is really good. Very spot on Bilbo.

Ugh! I just remembered that I don't even have all the LOTR sets I wanted! :cry_sad: And all these cool sets? Oy

Edit: Oops, I didn't realize I would be double posting. My apologize

Edited by Pumpkin Pie

There is up to 25% off on the lego hobbit sets, here is the link http://www.amazon.co...s,k:lego hobbit

Escape from mirkwood spiders-£18.74

Riddles for the ring-£8.99

Attack of the wargs-£37.49

An unexpected gathering-£44.99

Goblin king battle-£59.99

No barrel escape set though because it is a toysrus exclusive :(

Thanks! Preordered all, and they are shipping to Australia! Grabbed an Orc forge at 25% off as well, as they are almost impossible to find here.

Edited by ZCerberus
quote ONLY the language you are responding to directly. Everything with the line through it should be deleted.

I also ordered them yesterday evening from Amazon.uk, in total it was €25 cheaper then in a normal store here :sweet: . Thank you for posting the info! :thumbup: :thumbup:

And expected delivery date 20-24 december (thought they were already available in the UK) :tongue:

Edited by Moexy

O.o Wonder if I should do this... The unexpected gathering is 30% cheaper than in Germany...

Edited by PsyKater

Does anyone else think that the Mirkwood Elf Chief looks a bit like Stephen Colbert (especially the smiling face)? He is supposed to appear in one of the films though the role has not been revealed. I love the idea to have him as a minifigure.

(Apologies if this is the wrong thread.)

I placed an order through Kmart's website this morning for the Unexpected Gathering and Goblin King Battle sets. I didn't act fast enough for the Warg or Mirkwood sets. I really hate using Kmart's website, I've had many problems with them in the past. Hobbit Legos are worth the risk however.

Edited by Sirtank

I'm not sure if it is just my computer acting up, but Grogall's folders are still not yet public. Just find it kinda odd it's taking so long.

Anyway, it seems like these sets are popping up all over the place. It's a shame I'll need to wait till December 8th to get these. Still, hopefully some reviews will begin to slowly appear!

I'm not sure if it is just my computer acting up, but Grogall's folders are still not yet public. Just find it kinda odd it's taking so long.

Anyway, it seems like these sets are popping up all over the place. It's a shame I'll need to wait till December 8th to get these. Still, hopefully some reviews will begin to slowly appear!

I have to wait untill December 20th. Hopefully this means there will be some kind of discount because of Christmas.

Hi everyone.

I just placed an order for the mirkwook spiders but I am slightly concerned about this, How come the sets are on sale before they have even been released? I have never heard of this happening before. Oh well it should be fine.

Great vid just2good! Veeeery nice set indeed! Lots of useful/new pieces and 4 exclusive minifigs! what else can one want? :wub:

Can you share with us what state you are in? I've seen the Hobbit sets at local Freddies, just not the Mirkwood or Barrel sets yet.

I am in Washington State, about 60 miles south of Seattle.

Edited by ZCerberus
Fixed quote

Thanks for the review, Just2good. I have a question regarding Tauriel's daggers: Can they only be held that low on the handle by minifigures? It looks awkward since the largest part of the handle is sticking out between Tauriel's hand and the crosspiece.

Great vid just2good! Veeeery nice set indeed! Lots of useful/new pieces and 4 exclusive minifigs! what else can one want? :wub:

Is great to have a video and pictures.

Thank guys. :thumbup:

Thanks for the review just2good!

Thank y'all for the positive feedback! :sweet:

Thanks for the review, Just2good. I have a question regarding Tauriel's daggers: Can they only be held that low on the handle by minifigures? It looks awkward since the largest part of the handle is sticking out between Tauriel's hand and the crosspiece.

It can be held, but the plastic gets damaged. Like, a strings of plastic gets dented and falls off. Same goes for Legolas' bow. :sadnew:

It can be held, but the plastic gets damaged. Like, a strings of plastic gets dented and falls off. Same goes for Legolas' bow. :sadnew:

Oh, that's disappointing. :( But thanks for the reply!