Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

My double VIP points order arrived today :cry_happy:

850425 Name Tag

21005 Fallingwater

21010 Robie House

(really getting into the architecture series :wub: )

10229 Winter Cottage

10223 Kingdom's Joust

10227 UCS B-wing

10228 Haunted House

...so enough VIP points to pick up the 10233 Horizon Express free in January :sweet:

Well, kinda bought today...

Got 2x 30014 polybags for free with my purchase <3

They were handing these out to all buying customers.

Bricklink order of the ff:

[New] Black Minifig, Utensil Hose Nozzle Elaborate (x1)

[used] Black Minifig, Utensil Space Scanner Tool (x1)

[New] Bright Pink Torso Female Strapless Top with Silver Sparkles, Heart Necklace Pattern / Yellow Arms / Yellow Hands LN47A (x1)

[New] Light Bluish Gray Minifig, Utensil Handcuffs (x1)

[New] Reddish Brown Minifig, Headgear Hair Ponytail (x1)

[New] Reddish Brown Minifig, Utensil Bag Messenger Pouch (x1)

[New] Yellow Minifig, Head Female with Pink Lips, Thin Brown Eyebrows and White Pupils Pattern (x1)

Leaving work today (where we 'save you money so you can live better' :hmpf: ) we apparently decided to take a four foot section out of our Lego aisle to dedicate to K'nex Grumpy Sparrows merchandise, of all things. Apparently a copy of 5770 was in the way, which we'd marked down to $20!

10% associate discount later and it came home with me for the princely sum of $18, less than half MSRP.

13391043.jpg

(EDIT: Angree Birds [purposely misspelled] sets off a wordfilter? What.)

Edited by sixoh

Just Brick Linked a MSIB Jet Copter Encounter for $39, and I also ordered a few other misc pieces parts with it as well (mostly cleared out his inventory of SW Balsters)....

Sixoh: Angree Birds triggers the swear filter? That is just too funny!

Just got a Bank Transfert @ 37EUR, nice rebate considering the high price on the S@H.

The City Bank? Where did you get it that cheap?

I was on AFOL Shopping Day in our next LEGO Store in Hamburg on Saturday. I intenionally had nothing in mind to buy as I bought so many sets the last weeks already. But I left with a full bag :grin:

• 850425: Business Card Holder
  • 4206: Recycling Truck
  • 4 big PaBs, 4 small PaBs (small ones free)
    • a lot of trans blue and trans light blue round 1x1
    • a lot of plants (30176, 3741)
    • 1x4 redbrown tiles
    • 1x4 redbrown bricks
    • a lot more

[*]3 custom minifigures for our Winter Holiday Layout

On 23rd Nov there will be a Black Friday Special. I think about going there again :grin: right before driving to the LEGO Fanwelt.

Edited by PsyKater

Two series 8 minifigures: Cowgirl and Alien Villainess, love them hope I get the Pirate Captain and Diver next.

My wife, may she live forever, bought me Attack on Weathertop for my birthday. Wonderful, right? Not so fast...

The box appeared intact. But when I opened it, eager to get my mitts on my Nazgul and charming black horses, I found it was missing Bag 1 and Bag 4, and Bag 2 had been opened and taped shut, and there were two Bag 3s. Further poking around revealed that one of the Bag 3s was not part of this set at all (no, I didn't bother trying to identify the set it came from). Most of you probably already guessed where this is going - some evil scum had taken every minifig from the set, along with half the pieces, and slung some random Bag 3 into the box in order to return it to the store. I'm guessing they did this with more than one set, probably looking to get all the minifigs that are worth money. Either that, or they REALLY wanted all nine Ringwraiths.

Despite the fact that we no longer had the receipt, the wife immediately went back to Walmart and took action (general note - do NOT mess with my wife, she will destroy you) and eventually came back with a new Weathertop, which she and the store manager had opened together and inspected. Got it built, and I love it. Really, awesome set. The wife says Aragorn looks nothing like himself, but I'm still happy.

But some Lego fan out there is being an enormous schmuck. And getting away with it. I hate that.

Well, I have finally started a relative expensive, wait scratch that, expensive undertaking. I have begun compiling a few orders to build 10022 Santa Fe Observation Car and a B Unit, minus the friggin' $25/pc windows. It started two weeks ago with the sticker sheet for $10. Should have researched some of the parts though. I thought the train trucks and buffers would have been the bank busters until I found I need some 32 modified brick, slopes, for the roof... No clue those would be a so pricey. Have to get those later :sceptic::classic:

My wife bought me Attack on Weathertop for my birthday. Wonderful, right? Not so fast...

Most of you probably already guessed where this is going...

Wow, that is a really sh*tty thing to find, then again, it's Walmart some of the people in it. Glad everything worked out :hmpf_bad::classic:

I'm sorry that happened Gryphon Ink. That is a terrible. My wife is the same way. We actually call that part of her B***h Jena because she gets stuff done. I'm glad your wife got it sorted out. I hate it when people steal, I don't understand the need.

I thought for sure I felt victim of that also yesterday. I ordered Millennium Falcon 7965 from wal-mart since it was so cheap and I had a wal-mart gift card to bring the price down to $65 instead of $139.99, so I'm game. Well, it is only available as a site-to-store (which I assume their stocks are being depleted then) and I ordered it at multiple wal-marts in the area, only to have all of them say it was canceled because they didn't have enough in stock (even though the website said it was available at that store), so when I finally found a wal-mart I could pick it up at (almost an hour away, mind you) I was super excited. I get there and the lady brings it out of the back and lays it front down on the counter asking if it looks like the right product. I said yes and I was excited so I didn't think anything of it. I take it home and realize the front of the box has this huge gash in it, just big enough for a hand to reach in and take out bags. There is no way the lady behind the counter didn't see it and I suspect that is why she put it face down on the counter to hide it from me, probably because she didn't want to deal with it. I went through the package and thanks to Future74's EB review, I was able to determine the appropriate number of bags and thankfully all of the figures were there! The box is destroyed though and I typically like to keep the box for the cover art. But I am relieved that it was just the box ruined.

The City Bank? Where did you get it that cheap?

Yep, the 3661. It was pretty much the only set on sale at a local toy shop (King Jouets, in France). I should probably have taken 2, but I'm pretty short on cash this month so finding one at that price is already a very nice deal to me since it's the City set I wanted pretty bad.

I'll got at my brand new Lego Shop tomorrow to get the free minifig from the grand opening (you need to spend 30€, but PAB is mt friend for that !)

Edited by MrDarthLord

I just bought 10211 Grand Emporium to get my 3300014 for € 89,99 :grin: Thanks to some VIP points and VIP 10% offer today.

Just ordered 2x Orc Forge and before that 2x MInes of Moria.

Thanks for amazon.co.uk for the good deals on them!