Hi,

.bak files are left because I was occasionally experience a missed part after editing with instruction miner. This prevent from loosing data.

Anyway I will put an option to automatically delete .bak files when closing the application. This will prevent data lost in case of application crash...

Sergio

I just downloaded the latest version (7.5.2) and the conn library (deleted existing folder first) and I can tell that you have made big changes in how the [Technic] --> [beams] are showed so that it's more easier finding the right part.

You have overlooked 1 part. Well 2 imo.

- Part 33299 is still hard to distinguish in a quick search

- Part 6575 is just called "Technic Cam". I know that it's called cam on bricklink too but couldn't you add some more tags to it like "beam" and "liftarm" which will make it easier to find. I spent nearly 2 hours the first time I had to find it. I can put in some tags myself since it's editable with notepad, but the tags are erased on every new update so....

I tried the draw brick feature after I found out I just had to doubleclick anywhere to activate it. Because I only create technic models the draw brick function only works with axles, which is a nice shortcut. after #12 axle, a #15 beam will appear and then a #32 axle. What about the other beams? I suppose this feature is only targeted for bricks, if so, could you either improve or remove the feature from the technic regime?

You may say you have updated the pneumatic parts but I still can't use connection solver on them which is quite essential for any connection to work properly. I await the fix with tension!

Personally, I don't use the blue circle with a yellow dot in, it's way easier to just press "enter" or "return" (same key, different language) instead. I find that blue circle very annoying most of the time... well, all the time, so if you could add a tickbox in preferences for it then I'd be a happy man!

UPDATE: I just found out that the blue circle doesn't work at all. Couldn't you just remove it completely then?

I also seem to experience many occasions where I can't select a part simply by clicking on it. I'd have to drag it first before it becomes selected.

All the above is tested with an empty project so see the improvements.

I just downloaded the latest version (7.5.2) and the conn library (deleted existing folder first) and I can tell that you have made big changes in how the [Technic] --> [beams] are showed so that it's more easier finding the right part.

You have overlooked 1 part. Well 2 imo.

- Part 33299 is still hard to distinguish in a quick search

- Part 6575 is just called "Technic Cam". I know that it's called cam on bricklink too but couldn't you add some more tags to it like "beam" and "liftarm" which will make it easier to find. I spent nearly 2 hours the first time I had to find it. I can put in some tags myself since it's editable with notepad, but the tags are erased on every new update so....

I tried the draw brick feature after I found out I just had to doubleclick anywhere to activate it. Because I only create technic models the draw brick function only works with axles, which is a nice shortcut. after #12 axle, a #15 beam will appear and then a #32 axle. What about the other beams? I suppose this feature is only targeted for bricks, if so, could you either improve or remove the feature from the technic regime?

You may say you have updated the pneumatic parts but I still can't use connection solver on them which is quite essential for any connection to work properly. I await the fix with tension!

Personally, I don't use the blue circle with a yellow dot in, it's way easier to just press "enter" or "return" (same key, different language) instead. I find that blue circle very annoying most of the time... well, all the time, so if you could add a tickbox in preferences for it then I'd be a happy man!

UPDATE: I just found out that the blue circle doesn't work at all. Couldn't you just remove it completely then?

I also seem to experience many occasions where I can't select a part simply by clicking on it. I'd have to drag it first before it becomes selected.

All the above is tested with an empty project so see the improvements.

Hi,

answering by point I can say the following:

• Parts naming in not covered by me. I just pick lDraw part library as it is an extend its information with connections. Actually I do not use keyword search (included in many lDraw parts description), It maybe in a later application version since it is not so easy to distinguish between connectors and joners
  • DrawBrickMode is useful for many parts type where homogeneity is standard. With technic parts we have too much different parts type if we exclude beams, axles and bricks. Some improvement can be made, but acceptable results are near impossible due to parts particularity. I recommend you to have a look to the above video in this thread to get some more infos about these feature. Don't forget that even if the application gives its best with technic building, a lot of people may want use it for other buildings
  • connection with pneumatic part is still a work in progress, so be patient if things still not work the way they should: I have not tested usage with connection solver yet!
  • about the interface, modified have been made to allow the application being used with the mouse only at least at basic level. Many people are used to work mostly with just the mouse...
  • The part selection problem is because with the DrawBrickMode feature I need to add a 250ms delay to allow a doubleclick taking place. So, to select a part or starting an animation or whatever was requiring a single click, you have to click and press for a 1/4sec before action takes place. On the other side, this delay has the big advantage to avoid unwanted selection or other action starting accidentally. In the next appl version there will be a flag to disable this delay while disabling the DrawBrickMode functions.

Hope you will be satisfied by my arguments... :wink:

Sergio

Hi everybody!

here is a small preview video of what you can expect from my application next release.

But you have to be patient a few weeks...

Sergio

I like the look of this Sergio. :wub:

Can I ask if the hoses will be readable with Lpub?

You can use the "Basic .DAT file export" option to save your model in a very basic file format to ensure graphic compatibility with other programs using lDraw part library.

Note that doing that export the identity of a hose is lost since it is considered as a triangle sequence.

Anyway BELTs are actually lost and the application needs some work in that direction...

Excellent! Will it be able to simulate pneumatic state machines like the one used in B-model of the Airtech Claw Rig?

I don't know what do you mean.

Anyway the application is not able (at least for now) to automatically compute a new/different animation sequence caused by an event of the current animation.

I.E: if a pneumatic piston moves a pneumatic switch the program won't change animation to represent the new switch position. The program, and probably my mind also, is not that sophisticated... :laugh:

Sergio

Edited by xSergio74

I don't know what do you mean.
...but you answered my question: Indeed, it was about pistons that moves switches that act on pistons... etc...

This is awesome! Is it possible to use connection solver on them too?

Yes, you will be able to use the connection solver when new version will be available (or if I will publish some parts patches)

Major bug:

I made a model (not too big fortunately) and wanted to save it, but then I'm met with "Cannot save to Application folder. Choose another destination". Pressing OK just brings back the same pop-up and holding down enter doesn't work either. It keeps popping back up, thus making it impossible to save to another destination.

Major bug:

I made a model (not too big fortunately) and wanted to save it, but then I'm met with "Cannot save to Application folder. Choose another destination". Pressing OK just brings back the same pop-up and holding down enter doesn't work either. It keeps popping back up, thus making it impossible to save to another destination.

That's weird. I had something similair today; I wanted to save a model, so the popup window came on the screen, I entered a name, clicked save and then there came a dialog window "nothing to save" and the application closed itself, leaving only the .BAK file*.... :look:

Luckily it was a small model with only a few parts :sweet:

*I was able to use the .BAK file as a .l3b file

Major bug:

That happens to protect SR3DBuilder program files from being overwritten. Just select a different folder where to save your model and everything should be ok

I also found a rotation mode bug.

It's a simple construction, but I assume the logic to re-create this would be hard to write.

That's not that easy !! expecially since several animation rotation points changes during animation.

Try submitting me the model so I can take a closer look... but it will be really hard to solve and probably it wont work anyway...

That's weird. I had something similair today; I wanted to save a model, so the popup window came on the screen, I entered a name, clicked save and then there came a dialog window "nothing to save" and the application closed itself, leaving only the .BAK file*.... :look:

Luckily it was a small model with only a few parts :sweet:

*I was able to use the .BAK file as a .l3b file

That's the reason to have .BAK files. Anyway I need more details and be able to reproduce the error in order to fix it...

Sergio

Hi, Sergio, now there's no problem with the Technic flex parts?

Hi,

hopefully when releasing next version most of them should be solved, but due to intrinsic object complexity some of them will remain. At lease the bug in visualization of perfect vertically aligned hoses will remain ...

That's the reason to have .BAK files. Anyway I need more details and be able to reproduce the error in order to fix it...

Sergio

Well, the complete story in steps:

1. I opened a previous made (about a 2 months old) file
  2. I changed a few bricks and colors
  3. I wanted to save the model with a different name, so I clicked save as
  4. I entered the name of the file
  5. I hit "save" and then I recieved the message (I don't know exactly what is was, it was something like "there's nothing to save")
  6. I looked at my files to see both the old and the new file were disappeared, only leaving a .BAK file of the old model.

I have a:

• Windows 7 PC
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • a new 500GB hard disk
  • CPU: AMD AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 960T Processor
  • ASRock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 [motherboard]
  • AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series [graphics card]

(a little too much information? :tongue: )

That's not that easy !! expecially since several animation rotation points changes during animation.

Try submitting me the model so I can take a closer look... but it will be really hard to solve and probably it wont work anyway...

Sergio

I realize that this would be a tough problem to solve. I'm not a coder or anything, but isn't it possible with multiple rotation links, that the main link (in this case the gear) creates a variable for the second link which creates a variable for he third link and so on?

Again, I don't think this feature would be worth the hassle because I've never seen this kind of movement made before in any functional model. Perhaps it could prove useful in a GBC module, but that's about it.

If you find it too hard a nut to crack, then forget it unless you want a challenge :tongue:

I have supplied a model with only 3 links, and even this won't rotate. The file is made in version 7.13.17, and the model I created at home was in the newest version.

Basically, you just add another separate gear, liftarm and a bent liftarm for each other part of the sequence.

Sample.zip

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

Hi everybody,

here is the latest preview: pneumatics keep working !

Notice flex hoses following pneumatic pistons...

Be patient for some days before next release.

Sergio

The update looks great as always.

Do you plan on implementing some sort of collision of parts i.e. the inner part of a technic clutch gear will spin when the the top can't?

The update looks great as always.

Do you plan on implementing some sort of collision of parts i.e. the inner part of a technic clutch gear will spin when the the top can't?

It maybe some basic collision detection will be available in a next release of the application but after version 1.0 will be released.

Does anyone know where I can find the color "Milky White" (ldraw #79) in SR3D Builder?

It is in the color file, but I can't find it in the program itself? A bug?

Does anyone know where I can find the color "Milky White" (ldraw #79) in SR3D Builder?

It is in the color file, but I can't find it in the program itself? A bug?

Would that be rubber white in SR3D?