muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

Oh I didn't notice the date on the website, sorry if its old news, normally I tend to keep up with new news, I'll try to do my best to keep up

No worries, Kez. I had actually forgotten about the Mr Hyde figure as it didn't seem that memorable at the time. I had also not seen the centaur picture. What is exciting though is knowing there will be more to come based on the pictures!

I am disappointed not to see any musicians on the list, as well as any sports or a figure reresenting a particular nationality but the series will no doubt produce some great figures and parts.

I'm off to think about which other literary figures could be made in future like Jekyll/Hyde...

Oh I didn't notice the date on the website, sorry if its old news, normally I tend to keep up with new news, I'll try to do my best to keep up

Kez, no worries. I know slogging through 14 pages of posts isn't fun, but try and skim through the topic before replying. You would have seen that many people have already compared the list of minifigs to Alexandre Boudon's designs.

Just for the fun, i did a little side by side comparison between Boudon's original concept and their plastic renditions:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=516272

Did I forget any?

So far the actual CMFs have been staying really pretty close to the initial mock ups so here's hoping the hollywood starlet and caesar minifig stay just as close to Boudon's art as well, because those would simply be awesome!!

PS: it's impressive how many of those figures have already been released but amazingly from those drawings alone there's close to 2 more series of 16 minifigs remaining to be implemented so contrary to thinking the LEGO designers might be running out of ideas for the CMF line, it looks like it still has a bright future ahead and I would be surprised if we didn't get at least 16 series total!

Just for the fun, i did a little side by side comparison between Boudon's original concept and their plastic renditions:

Did I forget any?

Great job but I'd say your off with the Maraca Man - the sketches are the good, the bad and the ugly and while you could say the cowboy & bandit came from that, the Maraca Man is just a stereotypical Mexican musician.

In regards to the Alien with the Space Marine armor, it makes sense from a pairing perspective. Many CMF can be grouped in pairs (good marketing) and the 'space' theme CMF could have these pairings:

• white space guy + black space guy
    103px-SM11s1%21.jpg103px-Spacvilg.jpg
  • pink space girl + female alien
    103px-Col093.jpgimagesqtbnand9gctflapjn.jpg
  • gray robot + black robot
    103px-RS1%21.jpg161px-8833-4.jpg
  • gray alien + green/purple alien
    103px-Col081.jpg103px-SPaALi1.jpg
  • space marine + ?????
    103px-Col104.jpgimagesqtbnand9gcswyf7sv.jpg

So the space marine alien looks like a good fit, if you accept that the gray alien is 'good'.

maybe this one going to be a space' marine antagonist?

alien-trooper-series-9-600x405.jpg

Nice job hoping sone of his do become official their all quite good!

So far the actual CMFs have been staying really pretty close to the initial mock ups so here's hoping the hollywood starlet and caesar minifig stay just as close to Boudon's art as well, because those would simply be awesome!!

PS: it's impressive how many of those figures have already been released but amazingly from those drawings alone there's close to 2 more series of 16 minifigs remaining to be implemented so contrary to thinking the LEGO designers might be running out of ideas for the CMF line, it looks like it still has a bright future ahead and I would be surprised if we didn't get at least 16 series total!

Great job but I'd say your off with the Maraca Man - the sketches are the good, the bad and the ugly and while you could say the cowboy & bandit came from that, the Maraca Man is just a stereotypical Mexican musician.

Thanks!

Regarding maraca man, obviously we are far off from the movie (which I agree is what clearly inspired the sketches). Of course I may be wrong but to me it looked like a good example of how the original design had evolve into a more 'politically correct' toy.

That said, personally I would be happy with new (non-green) sombrero CMF either something like the original drawing or a more accurate mariachi in black costume with a guitar :)

Just to clarify, those three flesh toned cowboys are supposed to resemble the three titular characters from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

That's why those exact versions were never produced.

Found on Brickset:

8184686741_4444d6ae13_q.jpg

Another proof for the list to be valid. Is the wing a new mold?

Not sure if this has been posted yet. From the Friends Club Magazine:

8184751914_3feeb09997_n.jpg

Edit: Oh, nevermind! :blush:

Looks like that wing is a new mold - is it just me or does something look a bit strange with that torso - there's nothing on it! Nice face though...

Found on Brickset:

Another proof for the list to be valid. Is the wing a new mold?

Yep, the wing's a new mold. This continues to show the usefulness of the costumed character figs. Perfect for promoting your LEGO fast food restaurants, scaring trick-or-treaters, or (with a bearded face) acting in your Brickfilm of Toy Story 2!

Interesting one, but I'm still waiting for the Pig Suit Fig in one of the next series... That should be really awesome!

Edited by -GZ-

Not sure if this has been posted yet. From the Friends Club Magazine:

8184751914_3feeb09997_n.jpg

Edit: Oh, nevermind! :blush:

AWESOME!! Looks like I found my next zombie! I've got a zombie driver head waiting,gonna pretend this guy was handing out flyers for the chicken place when he got bitten!

Okay, now we know 3 out of 16.

The chicken suit guy is a sure pass for me. I wonder what these feathered arms will be useful for in the future? I can't think of many possibilities. Maybe I'm just a little bit jealous. There is enough money for new molds of Chicken wings, Pretzels etc. But at the same time Lego Space uses the same air bottles for its astronauts since the late 70s.

Okay, now we know 3 out of 16.

The chicken suit guy is a sure pass for me. I wonder what these feathered arms will be useful for in the future? I can't think of many possibilities. Maybe I'm just a little bit jealous. There is enough money for new molds of Chicken wings, Pretzels etc. But at the same time Lego Space uses the same air bottles for its astronauts since the late 70s.

Well, if it isn't broke....

Anyway, I like the chicken suit guy! It's cool that we've been getting new arm molds recently (the bat). I'm not sure if I'll get it. It's not the highest on my list. I really want to see some of the medieval figures.

I really like the trooper, and I'll probably get a bunch (2. I suck at army building. curse you money!!! :sing: )! Hyde is great too, but definitely not an army builder. So far, it's looking like a good wave! So far my favorite was the last one, due to the several recolours and a few of the new figs (Shakespeare :wub: ) but I have hopes for this one.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs