Kristel

MOC: Psychiatrist Office

Dear Kristel,

I am absolutely fond of your building. Even if it is not, it looks very "simple" but yet very sophisticated..that's what I love about it... I believe it is because of the grey facade that is unicolor. The green window frame and door just adds the subtle and perfect contrast that makes it so effective in terms of design.

The color scheme and the facade details really made me think of a bank...! (I live in switzerland, I know what I talk about...)

At first I did not read the text and saw you were from Australia, as I have never been there, my first thought was like, mhhhmmm, this looks quite european, and actually has the sober, classy, imposing, secure look of a bank...

But it definitely works great for a psychiatrist office. Some of the interior is brilliant as well, just to mention a few, the arch and coffee machine behind the reception.

I am in love with your building, if TLC had to release 16 wide modulars (or expert creator..), I would definitely buy one! Did you put in on Cusooo?

As for the back, I would personally replace the tree with... what would you expect... or not... to see in a psychiatrist garden???

Excellent, Brilliant, Classy, Sophisticated, Imposing, Sober, Subtle... All is in to fit my tastes, thanks for sharing Kristel!!

Edited by SwissBrick

Ohh, this is a really beautiful modular, I really like it. The door and your upper window are great. I have to said also that the color choice is well done. But I particulary like your architectural details. Nice touch with the box plant to.!

I love it! It's just so classy and the entire facade is beautifully proportioned. The two-tone grey mixed with green does it for me, too. All in all very realistic and something I definitely would buy if it were a set.

And keep the tree, it's nice!

Thanks, everyone, for all the great comments. :classic:

At first I did not read the text and saw you were from Australia, as I have never been there, my first thought was like, mhhhmmm, this looks quite european, and actually has the sober, classy, imposing, secure look of a bank...

Did you put in on Cusooo?

As for the back, I would personally replace the tree with... what would you expect... or not... to see in a psychiatrist garden???

Thanks, SwissBrick.

Brisbane is not an old city compared to most of the European cities, but it does have a quite a number of beautiful Classic Revival style buildings (harton, please correct me if I quoted the wrong architectural style). The building this was based on was the former Queensland National Bank built in 1885.

Haven't considered putting it on CUSOO. I must admit I am a little disillusioned with CUSOO at the moment, given how long it has been since the Western Town (and the others) went into review.

That's the problem, I don't know what to expect at the back of a psychiatrist's office! In Brisbane, the few alleyways we have tend to just have dumpsters, milk crates (from all the coffee shops) and mopeds, motorcycles and cars.

Loved it! full of so much detail in a small area! Like the furniture and the patient on the sofa! And the attention to each side!

If you are on MOCpages I'll make you a favorite!

Come see my stuff I am working on another storybook character - ALADDIN!

It has become one of my largest series over 30 MOCs!

And some will be up dated!

The link: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/48287

Loved it! full of so much detail in a small area! Like the furniture and the patient on the sofa! And the attention to each side!

Come see my stuff I am working on another storybook character - ALADDIN!

It has become one of my largest series over 30 MOCs!

And some will be up dated!

The link: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/48287

Welcome to Eurobricks! Why don't you introduce yourself in the Hello, My Name is... forum?

It's great that you're interested in commenting on people's work, but please do not just plug your own, unrelated builds when commenting. Once you've reached ten posts, you can post a small link to your MOCPages account in your signature, and you can start new topics here for your MOCs. Thanks.

Excellent modular Kristel! The exterior is wonderful and I love what you did inside. Keep up the great work :classic:

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

I'm not.

Thanks, Ricecracker.

Thanks, everyone, for all the great comments. :classic:

Thanks, SwissBrick.

Brisbane is not an old city compared to most of the European cities, but it does have a quite a number of beautiful Classic Revival style buildings (harton, please correct me if I quoted the wrong architectural style). The building this was based on was the former Queensland National Bank built in 1885.

Thanks for the info Kristel! Is it this one? http://www.yourbrisbanepastandpresent.com/2012/10/national-bank-queen-st-mall-former.html

Haven't considered putting it on CUSOO. I must admit I am a little disillusioned with CUSOO at the moment, given how long it has been since the Western Town (and the others) went into review.

You have a good point there, but maybe yours would have a chance since I believe there is a lower piece count and could be sold (at least in Switzerland) for about 139 dollars, which would be a good ratio for TLC...

That's the problem, I don't know what to expect at the back of a psychiatrist's office! In Brisbane, the few alleyways we have tend to just have dumpsters, milk crates (from all the coffee shops) and mopeds, motorcycles and cars.

Why not a bicycle, I could well Imagine a psychiatrist using an old bike to get around... Since you already have a garbage can, and if it was possible, I would put a book like "Freud for Dummies" getting out of the can... Just kidding... But I would remove the tree personally, I think it is a nice tree but not in this scene, a bike and some "grass" would fit more to my opinion.

Anyway, I am looking forward to discover your future creations!

Kind regards,

Thanks, SwissBrick.

The link you posted is not the right building, but interestingly, that one is currently on my list of buildings to try. The one the psychiatrist's office is based on is a different one, just down the road. If you scroll down on the page you have linked to, there are a couple of other buildings shown under the heading: "You might also like". The middle one is the inspiration for the psychiatrist office. I walk past this building and also look up and admire it everyday on my way to work . The original version of my MOC had 2-brick high arches for all of the windows, but it looked out of proportion in LEGO. I would still like to try the arched version, but might need to consider 1 brick high arches instead of 2 brick high arches.

I'll give the CUSOO option some more consideration. If I do submit this MOC, it will be with a bike in place of the tree.