CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I find it hard to believe the Iron Man Malibu Mansion set or Extremis set will be released in January. I fell like some pictures would have leaked already if they were to come out in January. I'm actually thinking its more likely that this will be a Fourth Spider Man set as others have said before me or even a Fantastic 4 set. I just think that lego would want to keep the larger sets for the summer wave, and try to release the Iron Man sets around the time the movie is coming out. If we do get this Marvel 4 set though, I believe it will be a Limited Edition set like the Joker's Fun House was, but I'm really hopefull Limited Edition set or not that this set will be a Fantastic 4 set.

@Sam892- You have a good point about the reality of a Fantastic 4 set, but then again, were the X-Men really popular when the X-Men set came out or was there really an interest in Super Man and Wonder Woman when the Super Man and Wonder Woman Set was released? In the end, I can't predict the future, so I guess we'll just have to wait till lego has the products online, hopefully in about a month.

Edited by North Lego Star

I find it hard to believe the Iron Man Malibu Mansion set or Extremis set will be released in January. I fell like some pictures would have leaked already if they were to come out in January. I'm actually thinking its more likely that this will be a Fourth Spider Man set as others have said before me or even a Fantastic 4 set. I just think that lego would want to keep the larger sets for the summer wave, and try to release the Iron Man sets around the time the movie is coming out. If we do get this Marvel 4 set though, I believe it will be a Limited Edition set like the Joker's Fun House was, but I'm really hopefull Limited Edition set or not that this set will be a Fantastic 4 set.

I doubt it will be a Fantastic Four set as there isn't much interest in them at the moment. Maybe when the film reboot comes out or maybe if they appear in Ultimate Spider-man season 2. But I doubt that we will see them this year. I don't think that bigger sets are kept until summer either. Last year both waves had a set around the £70/$70 price point, and so did most of the other themes (LOTR & Hobbit). While there's a gap this year in the winter wave for a £70 dollar set but if its an Exculsive then I can the price being about £40/£50 in the LEGO store and £70 at TRU.

I hope for the Fantastic 4 one day, right now it doesn't feel right to have Doom without them pounding him to pulp. I guess I'll have to make due with the other Avengers beating him up.

The Spidey set could be Goblin, Sandman, or something else from the show.

Or it could be another X-Men set( highly unlikely though)

Glad to see the eye patch goes around the back of the head. Really looking forward to getting that set, its certainly the best shown Marvel set so far. Although the Bugle has 5 good figures the building is a bit lacking.

When you said that, I watched the video to see if the fig used the full-head printing seen on this year's Lobot fig. Now I'm a little disappointed. The way they have it, his eyepatch goes all the way around--except on the sides. And I feel that the printing on the back of the head serves primarily to make that more noticeable.

Is it definitely a Marvel set?

Yes, we know that the sets will be equal between Marvel and DC. Some think its Iron Man's Malibu Mansion, but we only have a couple of sources confirming that. But that set is listed on the site as Marvel 4, so it's safe to assume its a Marvel set. Hopefully a Ultimate Spidey set involving Green Goblin( there have been three Spidey sets, one more and it'll be four)

Two things:

One. Do you guys think the mansion set well be something in design like heli carrier set?

Two. I think the odds of it being a FF set are small, unless they appear in the USM show.

Just something to chew on.

I think it will be part of the mansion with walls and a roof, it's supposed to be like 50 bucks so it could be like the Bugle and include a the mansion and a helicopter( I assume it's going to be based around the destruction scene, it seems logical).

It kinda sucks we get Dr. Doom and none of the FF to beat him up. Though because he basically has p***ed off everyone in the Marvel universe , it's fine. I can have the other heroes we got to beat him to a pulp.:)

Two things:

One. Do you guys think the mansion set well be something in design like heli carrier set?

Two. I think the odds of it being a FF set are small, unless they appear in the USM show.

Just something to chew on.

I personally think that the Mansion set will be around the price range of the heli carrier set, but will be more similar to the the Batcave in design and have a Helicopter to destroy it. I also think that there will be Five Minigfigs included in this set ( Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, Iron Man Suit, Mandurian, Mandurian's Hench Men.) I'm also hopefull that we'll see Firepower in the Extremis set and the Iron Patriot will come in the Iron Man vs. Mandurian set.

I do agree the odds of the Fantastic Four being any time soon are slim, but last year we never expected to to see an X-Men set so, you never know.

What if the Malibu Mansion set is really just from a past IM movie - like Iron Man 2. It could have Tony in the IM armor, Rhodey in the Mark II armor, and Pepper with a small sort of interior scene from where they fought. I'd also be interested in a test phase IM set with Tony in the proto gear and his sidekick robot where he first gets to fly around the garage, plus you could add Pepper to that one.

Extremis could just be a small sized set like the Avengers Captain America, with the new Extremis armor and some other small accessory/build. Kind of like a teaser set - nothing revealed, but you get a new figure.

What if the Malibu Mansion set is really just from a past IM movie - like Iron Man 2. It could have Tony in the IM armor, Rhodey in the Mark II armor, and Pepper with a small sort of interior scene from where they fought. I'd also be interested in a test phase IM set with Tony in the proto gear and his sidekick robot where he first gets to fly around the garage, plus you could add Pepper to that one.

Extremis could just be a small sized set like the Avengers Captain America, with the new Extremis armor and some other small accessory/build. Kind of like a teaser set - nothing revealed, but you get a new figure.

I don't think they can make sets of IM2, mega blocks license and all. But I hope I'm wrong

I personally think that the Mansion set will be around the price range of the heli carrier set, but will be more similar to the the Batcave in design and have a Helicopter to destroy it. I also think that there will be Five Minigfigs included in this set ( Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, Iron Man Suit, Mandurian, Mandurian's Hench Men.) I'm also hopefull that we'll see Firepower in the Extremis set and the Iron Patriot will come in the Iron Man vs. Mandurian set.

I do agree the odds of the Fantastic Four being any time soon are slim, but last year we never expected to to see an X-Men set so, you never know.

Actually X-men was know right from the beginning. In the press release LEGO said they had the rights to the Cinematic Universe, X-men and Ultimate Spider-man. Also a few days later they showed the prototype wolverine figure at 2011 SDCC.

This is also one of the reasons I doubt FF just yet. I don't think they have the rights to them unless they appear in Ultimate Spidey.

Hopefully the fourth set isn't a Ultimate Spidey set. The whole wave at the moment is Batman and Spider-man, which although the sets are good isn't really great. It needs some more diversity.

It would be cool to get a Green Goblin set with maybe Coulson, but I would rather get him in a set based on season 2. In season two he could team up with cooler villains or kidnap MJ and it would be nice for a set like that. Plus we already have a green goblin from 2001 so I would rather see some new characters before we got the Ultimate Goblin.

Although I too think that a fantastic four set is unlikely, there is a FF cartoon coming out next year so they are likely to be seen at some point. they are pretty iconic figures so it would still expect to sell reasonably well.

I would think another Spiderman or even an X-Men set is more likely than Malibu Mansion. Makes no sense to release it so far ahead of the movie. Personally I'm hoping for something a bit daring like an X-Men V Sentinel set (i would expect Wolverine to pop up again with Cyclops, Jean Grey and maybe someone like Archangel/Angel to make use of the good new wing moulds.)

Either that or FF V Galactus would be awesome!! Think we're more likely to have another spidey though as we haven't had Coulson, White Tiger or Luke Cage yet. Sandman set is possible but I would expect Goblin to be more likely. They may have been asked to keep it under wraps until he made his appearance at the end of the series.

Could be set in the school or perhaps even Aunt May's house as they all live there now!

Can they do FF with the sony (I think...) license and all? Or are they allowed to use them so long as they are based on the comic version?

Although I too think that a fantastic four set is unlikely, there is a FF cartoon coming out next year so they are likely to be seen at some point. they are pretty iconic figures so it would still expect to sell reasonably well.

I would think another Spiderman or even an X-Men set is more likely than Malibu Mansion. Makes no sense to release it so far ahead of the movie. Personally I'm hoping for something a bit daring like an X-Men V Sentinel set (i would expect Wolverine to pop up again with Cyclops, Jean Grey and maybe someone like Archangel/Angel to make use of the good new wing moulds.)

Either that or FF V Galactus would be awesome!! Think we're more likely to have another spidey though as we haven't had Coulson, White Tiger or Luke Cage yet. Sandman set is possible but I would expect Goblin to be more likely. They may have been asked to keep it under wraps until he made his appearance at the end of the series.

Could be set in the school or perhaps even Aunt May's house as they all live there now!

If they do FF v Galactus they must include Silver Surfer. I'd be very happy with that

Yeah, something like the vader trensformation set. Maybe a work bench and a robot or something like that

hey guys quick question. i have some christmas money saved up and i was wondering which sets i should buy, the batcave or the 2 new dc sets?

hey guys quick question. i have some christmas money saved up and i was wondering which sets i should buy, the batcave or the 2 new dc sets?

Depends on what you want. The Batcave is a great set, while the Batboat and TDKR set are also great. People get mad that the set isn't 100 percent accurate. They don't get that it's loosely based on the film. Hence why there blue on the Bat and stickers that don't match the film, same with the Cammo tumbler, incorrect colors and stickers( they're all Bane's mask parts). And the minifigure are also awesome.

Depends on what you want. The Batcave is a great set, while the Batboat and TDKR set are also great. People get mad that the set isn't 100 percent accurate. They don't get that it's loosely based on the film. Hence why there blue on the Bat and stickers that don't match the film, same with the Cammo tumbler, incorrect colors and stickers( they're all Bane's mask parts). And the minifigure are also awesome.

thats the prob. i love all 3 but i can only choose the cave or the other 2