Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Ugh, free hits are added all together and then halved/SP taken into account? Is that what the big debate was about 50 pages ago? I thought each free hit was calculated separately, that puts a dent into my plan. Doesn't it make more literal sense for each free hit to be calculated on its own, it's not like all the enemies are attacking at exactly the same time.

Ugh, free hits are added all together and then halved/SP taken into account? Is that what the big debate was about 50 pages ago? I thought each free hit was calculated separately, that puts a dent into my plan. Doesn't it make more literal sense for each free hit to be calculated on its own, it's not like all the enemies are attacking at exactly the same time.

Yeah, that was what was decided after Sandy decided that Free Hits shouldn't do a guaranteed minimum of 1 Damage.

Otherwise that Aura in this battle would've been a lucky break, not a curse. :sad:

Hmm, the Pseudos are indeed very interesting...I'd like to get to see more of them at a later date.

Come on, Flipz, reply to my PM! :tongue:

Easy solution: you guys use a Smoke Bomb, return to the Sanctuary, and then tackle some more "easy" challenges to raise your Level and HP, and gain some extra consumables along the way. Sure, it'll take longer, but you'll actually have a better shot at beating the hard challenges that way. :wink:

Come on, Flipz, reply to my PM! :tongue:

Shoot, I didn't do that yet? I was juggling somewhere around four different PM threads yesterday, plus taking care of a litter of kittens and their mother that my family just caught, plus dealing with college work...it was hectic yesterday. :tongue:

and then tackle some more "easy" challenges to raise your Level and HP, and gain some extra consumables along the way.

But if we raise our Levels, then the Rainbow Falls battle will be rebalanced for our new stats.

Shoot, I didn't do that yet? I was juggling somewhere around four different PM threads yesterday, plus taking care of a litter of kittens and their mother that my family just caught, plus dealing with college work...it was hectic yesterday. :tongue:

No dinner kittens during mafia heroica. :damn:

I feel for your Party guys, but I do think its neat that we have finally seen an example in which high SP can be balanced without creating enemies that merely ignore SP.

No dinner kittens during mafia heroica. :damn:

I feel for your Party guys, but I do think its neat that we have finally seen an example in which high SP can be balanced without creating enemies that merely ignore SP.

It may be balanced for Docken, but I don't see how it's balanced for the other players without as much SP; being knocked out by free hits in one round with full health doesn't seem fair (in Dyric's case).

And rolling a shield shouldn't be considered a curse in any situation, in my opinion.

Edited by posades

It may be balanced for Docken, but I don't see how it's balanced for the other players without as much SP; being knocked out by free hits in one round with full health doesn't seem fair (in Dyric's case).

He doesn't have any SP, he'd take the same amount of damage whether it was compounded or not.

Dyric's just over half Health. He should have 11 HP, based on Sandy's calculations. I assume the 21 HP in the stats is a mistake.

I am also super intrigued by Psuedos. Scuba, when the quest has concluded, we'll have to talk.

I would like to make a request to Sandy. Can we include the extra deities in the Library topic, with notes that they are only worshipped in certain parts of the world? Such as Akkaba, and now Psuesdos?

And rolling a shield shouldn't be considered a curse in any situation, in my opinion.

Actually if you look at some of the shields they are unfair. Shamaans for example can have a horrible time if they are dealing with poisoned enemies and mages random elemental shields sometimes mean their attacks will be unfortuantely ineffective.

Having gotten past my rage (and having thought it out a bit), the current way of doing free hits doesn't affect the people with little to no SP, so I guess it isn't fatally flawed. However, I still think it dissuades people from going after high SP when it is so easily countered by two high leveled free hits. 20SP with two hits doing 30 damage each would sustain 40 damage instead of 20 from the front row (assumed with such a high SP) which is significant.

And yeah, maybe they should be tweaked if they aren't always pluses (shield rolls).

I am also super intrigued by Psuedos. Scuba, when the quest has concluded, we'll have to talk.

Do a quick search of Pseudos on the forums here. :wink:

Having gotten past my rage (and having thought it out a bit), the current way of doing free hits doesn't affect the people with little to no SP, so I guess it isn't fatally flawed. However, I still think it dissuades people from going after high SP when it is so easily countered by two high leveled free hits. 20SP with two hits doing 30 damage each would sustain 40 damage instead of 20 from the front row (assumed with such a high SP) which is significant.

True but in order to receive those free hits the monsters would have to go through the battle order twice. Which if there is that many of them and at that high of a level, then you are seriously out-gunned.

Interesting. I guess Boomingham and Guts will have a thing or two more to discuss when they meet again!

I've never included any character story in the Quests I host. I wonder if I should or will one day. It's an interesting technique if done in a none intrusive way, such as like this, or as Etzel does with the Paladin Order. Just gives a little hint or flavor of background while standing on it's own as well.

EDIT: Ugh, Etzel, stop having such friggin beautiful MOCs!!

Edited by Zepher

Thanks again guys!

I really enjoy building in the Heroica universe, there are lots of cool stories to tell! :sweet: As I said before, most of the MOCs in my quest was build several months ago, which was good because now I can focus on the actual story and just put in the pictures when it's time. And also start working on new MOCs for the next quest...

Which I probably should go and write something about it in the QM topic.

Actually if you look at some of the shields they are unfair. Shamaans for example can have a horrible time if they are dealing with poisoned enemies and mages random elemental shields sometimes mean their attacks will be unfortuantely ineffective.

I wouldn't say unfair, just balancing. Where Shamans would have difficulty in a battle with many poisoned enemies or allies, Wardens will have difficulty when they roll Aura against a large number of enemies, as we've seen.

I don't really think any class has been more "unfair", there's just advantages and disadvantages to each.

Coming from someone who plays as an Assassin, I have no SP. Then again, who needs it when you're permanently lucky? :tongue:

Coming from someone who plays as an Assassin, I have no SP. Then again, who needs it when you're permanently lucky? :tongue:

Permanently lucky is great. :sweet: Although Guts' source is non permanent, he just has to make sure he does not run out of gold to buy Nostrums...

You're permanently hastened, which actually increases the chance of you getting hit. :laugh: But it takes up two of your artifact slots, so you don't have much room for SP anyway.

Permanently lucky is great. :sweet: Although Guts' source is non permanent, he just has to make sure he does not run out of gold to buy Nostrums...

Well, that's what I meant. Being able to make a profit off of being lucky so I can buy more nostrums is the equivalent of permanently lucky to me. :tongue:

You're permanently hastened, which actually increases the chance of you getting hit. :laugh: But it takes up two of your artifact slots, so you don't have much room for SP anyway.

And also increases my effectiveness in battle. I can prevent another Free Hit, or instakill one or more enemies. :wink: Plus being lucky all the time outweighs the risk of getting damaged more.

On an unrelated note, that ghost in Quest 40 reminds me of the hanar in Mass Effect.. :laugh:

On an unrelated note, that ghost in Quest 40 reminds me of the hanar in Mass Effect.. :laugh:

This one had not intended that reference.

Endgame, two things: 1, the blade should be badly poisoned (I think) and 2, Rhodus still has 6 ether instead of 2. :wink:

Oh, and did anyone answer whether inanimate objects that are attacking could be blinded?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Yeah, well I decided to bravely flee and save you guys. Ah Toxiproggs, get Ayla out of here, and, they are getting thrashed in there. Sylphs been knocked out twice.

Had to be done. :grin: