Hi All

Ute or Utility Vehicles are very common here in Australia so I had a go at making one up. Hope you like!

IMG_1063%20(Medium).JPG

Runs 4 M motors via remote control for Suicide doors, Tray back and reverse lifting front end.

IMG_1069%20(Medium).JPG

Bonnet (hood) also opens but is HOG as is steering and propulsion.

IMG_1066%20(Medium).JPG

More pictures here

Maaaaaaaate,

Nice ute!!

just need a big set of mack truck mud flaps on the back and some RM williams stickers lol

i like

:thumbup:

Noice. Judging by the grille, I'm guessing it's supposed to be a Statesman? Never seen one with suicide doors though...

Its out of scale and way too square,but it does have some nice futures like the engine and the rear tilting bed. :classic:

Maaaaaaaate,

Nice ute!!

just need a big set of mack truck mud flaps on the back and some RM williams stickers lol

i like

:thumbup:

Thanks maaaaate add those extra's then I can enter it in the Deni Ute Muster. Might need a few BIG CB aerials too.

Noice. Judging by the grille, I'm guessing it's supposed to be a Statesman? Never seen one with suicide doors though...

You nailed it Hopey. I got my inspiration from a show car Statesman. It was however a Panelvan which had the front end lifting the same as this MOC. Original plan was to build a panelvan but ran out of parts quickly.

Its out of scale and way too square,but it does have some nice futures like the engine and the rear tilting bed. :classic:

Agreed Alasdair but by the time I realised it was to square I was getting sick of the build so I just went with it.

Agreed Alasdair but by the time I realised it was to square I was getting sick of the build so I just went with it.

A great builders mentality there......... :roflmao:

Nice suicide door..good to see an aussie contingent here. Maybe we could get together and lament the postal fees for bricklink packages from o/s

Nice ute. I like those suicide doors. Hmm, it is Super Hero month, I wonder if it could work as a Batman Ute. :classic:

Nice suicide door..good to see an aussie contingent here. Maybe we could get together and lament the postal fees for bricklink packages from o/s

Yeh there is a good contingent of Aussie's on here. You can usually tell by our English no worries, hey mate! Never bought off BL looked many times though. I've found the bigger sets when on sale are really good value for parts.

Nice UTE, really captured the look of the old Holden 1-tonner :)

Thanks jonwill, They sure are getting old and you don't see that many on our roads anymore.....

Nice ute. I like those suicide doors. Hmm, it is Super Hero month, I wonder if it could work as a Batman Ute. :classic:

Thanks Dr Spock, seems a lot of people like the suicide doors and I'm sure they would suit Batman just fine. :wink:

Nice one, tough HQ grille!

I am lucky enough to hear/see a purple, flat tray, supercharged 292 HQ ute cruise around near my place fairly often. it's a beauty!

Nice one, tough HQ grille!

I am lucky enough to hear/see a purple, flat tray, supercharged 292 HQ ute cruise around near my place fairly often. it's a beauty!

Thanks Kierna, I started this MOC at the grille which is probably why the scale isn't right.

Supercharged hey :grin: would sounds sweeeet!

Interesting vehicle, totally unknown to me so I can't comment on the accuracy :classic:

I wish all people shared that thought, Tadej!

Interesting vehicle, totally unknown to me so I can't comment on the accuracy :classic:

Thanks Tadej. It's very far from being an accurate model. It's basically a 'Show' version of an Australian Ute with unusual features to capture the judges eyes.

You can tell not many Europeans get this Ute due to the lack of comments. I guess it's an Australian thing!