Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

The angry crab should have been poisoned, right Sandy? Also, if/when the crabs use their special, do they keep their level/hp when they convert or do they copy the stats from the other one?

The crabs were originally introduced in Quest #14: The Family Recipe, and their power and health change accordingly. They will also be restored to full health, but effects will stick.

It works the same as the Warden's Shield, right? So say if it was equipped on someone with 50 health, giving them 100, they were whittled down to health over 50, but under 100, and then it was unequipped. The hero would just be back at 50 health, judging by Warden's Shield. If it was re-equipped next round, would they have a perfect 100 health again?

And if a Witch were to wield it, would all the Special Damages redirected become Special Mirrors? :grin:

Yes and yes.

I follow Sylph's plan.

What plan? I'm unconscious, remember? :laugh::tongue:

Also, I am a magical, plan-spewing hacky-sack.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

QM Note: My camera is unavailable right now, but I could probably get the pictures up in one or two days. So do you want to see pictures in the wrap-up, or just end the quest victoriously?

Why don't you just end the Quest and then add the photos in later after you've finished taking them? :wink:

Why don't you just end the Quest and then add the photos in later after you've finished taking them? :wink:

Because the wrap up will include some important characters and scenes that the heroes may have to interact with, so if they go back to the Hall, they can't continue.

Well, I guess that solves the wishing wand argument! :poke:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I certainly hope my plan doesn't have any holes in it. :sceptic:I want the wand. :angry::tongue:

I'm too lazy to go through the permutations, but I think we can do this without the smoke bomb (at least for now). As long as I get remedied and we KO something ASAP we should be fine.....right? :sceptic:

And either you or I get KO'd and revived, plus there's the possibility of me rolling a shield.

And either you or I get KO'd and revived, plus there's the possibility of me rolling a shield.

Would a skeleton decoy be useful here?

It wouldn't do much with only 20 points of damage, plus it takes a turn to set up. :sceptic:

i have recieved JimBee's request for the Pheles rod, and Quarryman's for the staff of the necromancer.

No-o-o. . . .! :cry_sad: [/outofcontext]

Edited by Flipz

I'm just saying that if we use a Smoke Bomb, we go back to the Sanctuary, heal up, make sure our artifacts are properly equipped and sorted out this time around, and come back to the battle. And when you consider the cost of a Smoke Bomb compared to that of a Phoenix Essence... (or we could even keep going and just have Dyric flee)

I'm just afraid Sandy will change the enemies, seeing as it wouldn't be quite fair to be able to leave and prepare yourself then come back to the battle.

Quest # Final Wren Quest has been approved by Sandy. :grin: We're ready to go!

Question for the interim - What is the best composed party so far? Which Quest had the best party for role playing, power balance, etc. I think it's interesting to think about, and I know I always put parties together in my head that might interest me.

Some of my favorites were 28, 19, 6, 4, the one with all the rogues in Triad Park... but that's quite literally off the top of my head.

Edited by Zepher

I'd say Quest 28.

I'll second that, and raise you a Quest 38 (even though I'm biased there for obvious reasons). I seriously can't imagine a Wren Quest without those Heroes, though.

Actually, I'd just figure that Zeph should start with any character who's ever owned a Zoot's Plaything and/or Zoot's Cookie, and go from there. :tongue:

Getting into specifics, I've already mentioned the combo of Arthur-Nerwen-Thothwick-De'kra-Hybros, but the more I think of it the more I realize that a.) De'kra and Nerwen haven't been on a Wren Quest yet (and thus, are inelligible unless you've changed the rules), and b.) I really, REALLY want to see that team on a Ji Pei Quest. So, alternatives:

Cronk-Haldor-Skrall-Arthur-Atramor-Thothwick-Daggerfall, with Tensi and Tarn if the party size is 8 and adding Hybros and Docken if it's 10.

Alternatively, going off the Zoot's Plaything listing: Cronk-Hybros-Tensi-Haldor-Skrall, and selecting the remainder from this list: Arthur, Alexis, Atramor, Docken, Daggerfall, Thothwick, Jess, Tarn, Nyx, Dyric, Hoke, Henry Sicarul, Erik, Harkenshire

Lastly, a completely different take: Arthur-Daggerfall-Docken-Alexis-Dyric-Skrall-Nyx-(Tarn or Atramor). This takes two people from each Wren Quest who have only participated in one Wren Quest each; thus, lots of newer blood but also lots of great characters and good roleplaying. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

Psykater, just wondering, I have seen you hanging around, but you don't have a character (yet), are you going to make a character? :classic:

And now, I've finally done it. I am looking forward to play this game. Hope, I can stick with all of you, lacking any knowledge about fantasy and RPG. :blush:

As you can see in my character's stats, a photo is still missing. If you want to make a suggestion, you could do it in this thread, I would highly appreciate that. But there is strong competition already :wink:

Just catching up on Etzel's amazing MOCs for his quest, lovely stuff. The temple was huge and ornate but the individual rooms are tiny, yet packed with so much character. It is a nice contrast.

Plus this made me chuckle:

The Ennoc Code by Dan Reddish-Brown

Along with 50 Shades of Bley, we are getting some puntastic book names :laugh:

Just catching up on Etzel's amazing MOCs for his quest, lovely stuff. The temple was huge and ornate but the individual rooms are tiny, yet packed with so much character. It is a nice contrast.

Thanks Rumble!

I actually made most of the MOCs (not the sanctuary though) half a year ago, so it's nice to finally be able to show them. :grin: Only problem is that I may have changed my ideas of the quest so that the rooms don't show exactly what I want, but I've managed to solve that too I think.

Plus this made me chuckle:

Along with 50 Shades of Bley, we are getting some puntastic book names :laugh:

Glad you noticed! :laugh:

Aaargh, another busy day in Endgame-land. I'll update tonight, promise! :blush:

Hmm, the Pseudos are indeed very interesting...I'd like to get to see more of them at a later date.