wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Warg pics per request:

Both Wargs have hinged jaws and some great painted detail around the eyes and teeth. They can just barely hold that bone in the grey one's mouth.

Edit: If anyone has some tips to uploading pics, that would be helpful. I just loaded these two and now it seems I can't load anymore.

post-28502-0-72110200-1352660120_thumb.jpg

post-28502-0-12771300-1352660266_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hawkman

Holy crap...it seems no one has seen this yet:

LEGO 79008 Pirate Ship

LEGO 79007 Eagels Nest

LEGO 79006

LEGO 79005 Frodo and Ringwraith

It seems as these are the new LOTR sets...goodby money.

Edit: But the Eagle's Nest has to be a Hobbit set...is Lego mixing the LOTR sets and the Hobbit ones next wave?

We have. I was hoping there would be pictures, though.

The reason you didn't see it here is because we already have a LOTR 2013 topic, so it's not supposed to be in the 2012 one.

Edited by General Magma

Hey Hawkman, thanks for the pics of the Wargs! I take it the set comes with an extra saddle? How about stickers?

Just finished building it actually. No extra saddle for the Wargs (just the two) and not a single sticker. Overall, the set is great - I'd give it an 8/10. The tree has a swivel feature, so that sections of it can spin to show other sides, plus it's pretty tall at 8 inches high. Yazneg has some back head printing detail (scars, not a face), as do the Goblins. Thorin and Bifur both have alternate face printing, though Bifur's is mostly hidden by his beard and hair. The printing on everything is solid. The build is pretty good, except for the rock section with the catapult - it's kind of boring. I'd almost rather have had Lego not include it and lower the price a bit, but I understand that launching fireballs at the tree is a play feature even if the launcher doesn't have alot of clearance.

Also the colors are great - there's some nice olive green mushroom and leaf pieces that I don't have. Plus obviously a ton of brown and dark brown bricks.

Edited by Hawkman

Just finished building it actually. No extra saddle for the Wargs (just the two) and not a single sticker. Overall, the set is great - I'd give it an 8/10. The tree has a swivel feature, so that sections of it can spin to show other sides, plus it's pretty tall at 8 inches high. Yazneg has some back head printing detail (scars, not a face), as do the Goblins. Thorin and Bifur both have alternate face printing, though Bifur's is mostly hidden by his beard and hair. The printing on everything is solid. The build is pretty good, except for the rock section with the catapult - it's kind of boring. I'd almost rather have had Lego not include it and lower the price a bit, but I understand that launching fireballs at the tree is a play feature even if the launcher doesn't have alot of clearance.

Also the colors are great - there's some nice olive green mushroom and leaf pieces that I don't have. Plus obviously a ton of brown and dark brown bricks.

Well, the designer video only showed one saddle, so it does have an extra saddle. I'm glad there are no stickers.

Does an image exist of the Thorin/Kili/Fili hair from the back?

Here's Thorin's. Basically, it's pretty much flowing hair with just a small section tied back at the top.

post-28502-0-19412400-1352674098.jpg

Here's Thorin's. Basically, it's pretty much flowing hair with just a small section tied back at the top.

Can you fit a cape on Thorin? I'm thinking that I'd love to give him a grey one (in absence of a blue cape) and would love to see if it fits and how it would look.

Edit: If anyone has some tips to uploading pics, that would be helpful. I just loaded these two and now it seems I can't load anymore.

There are tutorials on this forum about posting pics etc. You need to upload them to another site somewhere, (eg Flickr, Brickshelf) not on Eurobricks - we only have a very limited amount of space here.

Can you fit a cape on Thorin? I'm thinking that I'd love to give him a grey one (in absence of a blue cape) and would love to see if it fits and how it would look.

Hold on... (runs to go check) .... ok I'm back.

You can fit the cape, but it does crinkle up a bit on the sides by the shoulders. You can kind of see in my pic and my avatar that there's hair that comes over the shoulders alittle - this bunches up the cape in that area ever so slightly. Personally, it doesn't look bad and might even be percieved as giving the cape alittle more weight so it isn't flowing out so much.

I was think of using a cape too. I am assuming you can; the hair piece is similar to killi and fili, which allows for a quiver

I think I'm gonna give Thorin a blue cape and a black quiver. Also, that hairpiece is just amazing! Fili's would be great for Eomer, and if they made a light grey version it would be perfect for Gandalf without his hat.

Any chance we could get some pics of Yazneg? I'm interested to see what his tan armour thing looks like, and what his back printing is like as well.

Thanks, Hawkman!

Fives, I remember somebody mentioning (a few hundred pages back) a short blue cape in a Star Wars set. Do you know which set/ figure it is?

Thanks, Hawkman!

Fives, I remember somebody mentioning (a few hundred pages back) a short blue cape in a Star Wars set. Do you know which set/ figure it is?

The Clone Wars Barriss Offee. I used her cape on Gimli, and it looks really good. I got the Elrond fig which came with a short blue cape as well, so I gave Elrond a dark green cape and plan on giving the blue one to Thorin when I get him. But yeah, the Clone Wars set with Barriss Offee has the cape.

Cool, thanks for that. I'll have to check if I can get it cheap.

Edit: Just found the figure on eBay. 8.50 AUD including shipping for the US. The hood might be useful, too, and the lightsaber can go to a SW-collecting friend of mine. Thanks again.

Edited by Lynx

Best I can do. I have pics of the whole set, but I'm having trouble posting them, since I don't do Flickr or anything like that. Call me old fashion, but I just go big and send attachments.

Underneath the bone armor he has a low cut shirt that shows most of his wrinkled chest, much like his head printing and the back of the head has similiar scarring.

post-28502-0-78987300-1352675907.jpg

Best I can do. I have pics of the whole set, but I'm having trouble posting them, since I don't do Flickr or anything like that. Call me old fashion, but I just go big and send attachments.

Underneath the bone armor he has a low cut shirt that shows most of his wrinkled chest, much like his head printing and the back of the head has similiar scarring.

Interesting. It looks like the armour is just tan, unprinted Skellie armour from the Ninjago theme. Kinda upsetting. I'm not a huge fan of the armour, and I feel like it covers up what seems like a really neat chest print. Still, thanks for the pic.

Interesting. It looks like the armour is just tan, unprinted Skellie armour from the Ninjago theme. Kinda upsetting. I'm not a huge fan of the armour, and I feel like it covers up what seems like a really neat chest print. Still, thanks for the pic.

That's true - it's all one color and pretty boring, the chest printing is much better. If the tips of it had some white color or something, that could help.

That's true - it's all one color and pretty boring, the chest printing is much better. If the tips of it had some white color or something, that could help.

Yeah, I'm tempted to just not use the armour, but I'm afraid he'll look a little bare without it. I feel like since he is the first named orc fig LEGO is releasing, Yazneg is like a sort of orc captain and therefore needs his armour to distinguish him within the ranks. (although I'm pretty sure that the two tall goblins in the Goblintown set are the two that had their pictures released from the movie a few days ago. One has chains while the other has just ropes and stuff. And the GG doesn't count as a normal orc to me).

Also, on a side note, does anyone else believe that Yazneg may be Bolg's second in command? Much like Gothmog to the Witch-King. I'm interested to see what Yazneg's role is and if he plays a part any further than leading the Warg Riders.

I don't plan using the armor part, I am just going to leave him as is with his normal torso. I think if they would of done his arms in the same tan color as the armor like in the movie it would of looked better. As is the piece barely resembles what it looks like in the movie and just looks odd :sceptic:

Edited by Deathleech

I think you have the armor bit on backwards from what the desigenrs intended with this set. I really don't like their use of this piece at all, the fig is much mroe accurate without it, or they could maybe have used the piece they got for Shredder(?). I also think the torso should be brown, the pants black and the arms tan.

Btw I find tinypic.com a good place for uploading images for use in forums no need for an account or stuff like that.

I'd like to see more image of the wargs!

Edited by deskp