Bonaparte

The Eurobricks Reviewers Academy

The outstanding reviews of the Eurobrick community are a bright star at the sky of the LEGO Universe in the internet. They are fun to read and help others to decide whether to buy a set or not. Strolling through the library of LEGO reviews, I noticed that a lot of LEGO sets of the early 1990s are marked as "review needed". Given that most of my sets are from that time, I would love to do some high-quality reviews for them.

:sadnew:Therefore I ask the Masters of the Eurobricks Reviewers Academy :wub: submissevly to grant access to the halls of the elite.

:grin:

I would like to devote my final post as a Vassal to join, please :sweet: How long does it generally take?

There is no time limit and it is based on individual progression pace to build up your reviewing skills.

Access granted and welcome to Reviewers Academy.

Hi guys.

I would like to show my Youtube reviews on Eurobricks.

This thread seems to be the accredited location to ask such a question.

I do not wish to be an academy cadet i just want the ok to show my reviews or give Eurobricks the approval to show them as you wish on this site.

If a mod or admin could please reply to me regarding this question that would be great.

I will respect any decision made and will understand if i am refused the right.

I have included below a link to my Youtube channel, please remove this link if it violates any rules and please accept my appology in advance if it does.

The Brick Box

Thank you for your time guys :classic:

As you are a very relatively new member and to be honest, it might be perceived that you are wanting to get some traffic to increase your view counts in your YouTube channel for your profile from our Eurobricks community. LEGO Video reviews can be posted but I don't encourage it to do it very excessively, a few will be suffice. Still, at this moment, I don't encourage you to post them in the forum just yet. I will prefer you to get to know the community first.

The outstanding reviews of the Eurobrick community are a bright star at the sky of the LEGO Universe in the internet. They are fun to read and help others to decide whether to buy a set or not. Strolling through the library of LEGO reviews, I noticed that a lot of LEGO sets of the early 1990s are marked as "review needed". Given that most of my sets are from that time, I would love to do some high-quality reviews for them.

:sadnew:Therefore I ask the Masters of the Eurobricks Reviewers Academy :wub: submissevly to grant access to the halls of the elite.

Thank you for your kind words and I will hope you find the Reviewers Academy helpful and useful to your learning.

Access granted and welcome to Reviewers Academy.

Hi :)

Well, I have no possibilities to acquire sets fast and that's why I am not a right material for the set reviewer, but I would like to learn more about how you make such great pictures - so much light, clearness, every line is visible, and every picture has a white background - I have to spend a day for just one of my pictures, and it looks like it was edited by a child :)

I would love to see how you do it, where do you put lights, what camera modes, how do you do postproduction and similar things

So, if one of those courses is about photographing, I would love to learn more, and thus make Eurobricks even more beautiful place to watch. A link would do, but thread where I can converse would be even better :)

I've lurked around here for a long time and recently created an account. I'd love to start posting reviews of some of my sets but I think I would want to "do it right" by going through the RA first. May I please have access?

Thanks,

SB

Well, I have no possibilities to acquire sets fast and that's why I am not a right material for the set reviewer, but I would like to learn more about how you make such great pictures - so much light, clearness, every line is visible, and every picture has a white background - I have to spend a day for just one of my pictures, and it looks like it was edited by a child :)

I would love to see how you do it, where do you put lights, what camera modes, how do you do postproduction and similar things

So, if one of those courses is about photographing, I would love to learn more, and thus make Eurobricks even more beautiful place to watch. A link would do, but thread where I can converse would be even better :)

Hi Angeli,

I'm afraid I can't admit you to the Academy if you don't intend to do reviews; however I appreciate your desire to learn photographic techniques. I'll discuss this with the EB staff. In the meantime, do check out this thread; and some other topics in the Tutorials Index might help.

I've lurked around here for a long time and recently created an account. I'd love to start posting reviews of some of my sets but I think I would want to "do it right" by going through the RA first. May I please have access?

Access granted, welcome to the Academy!

I have followed many great reviews and reviewers "career" here and I would be intrested to try it out. I have done some review before but I am not that good on writing, definitely not in English.

But one question do the sets have to be new sets or can I choose old sets like classic era sets?

I have a lot of different sets and good camera. And I have enough time, of course. Yesterday I've posted some pictorial reviews. Can you advice me, how improve my photos? One of my pictorial reviews for example. I think, my pics are good, but isn't perfect.

Also photo of this MOC are bad, I think. Maybe, I must use other background? I take pics on this. All the light only from the sun.

I would love to join. I have only done two reviews so far and having troubles with taking good photos discourages me from doing any other. Both reviews were for my LUG forum and it's not like here. The review there are as dull as the whole forum. Only a few boring pictures that don't worth for all the work with taking and uploding photos. I want to make great reviews for Eurobricks where people appreciate them, and become a signifigant member of this community.

I would like to join this Academy if I'm worthy. I've done some Technic reviews in the past (check my profile), and tend to do some every time I get a new shipment. I want to recieve a more constructive feedback on my reviews, rather than "Great set" and so forth. So where do I begin?

I have a lot of different sets and good camera. And I have enough time, of course. Yesterday I've posted some pictorial reviews. Can you advice me, how improve my photos? One of my pictorial reviews for example. I think, my pics are good, but isn't perfect.

Also photo of this MOC are bad, I think. Maybe, I must use other background? I take pics on this. All the light only from the sun.

The photos in that review show promise! Just needs some writing. :wink:

I would love to join. I have only done two reviews so far and having troubles with taking good photos discourages me from doing any other. Both reviews were for my LUG forum and it's not like here. The review there are as dull as the whole forum. Only a few boring pictures that don't worth for all the work with taking and uploding photos. I want to make great reviews for Eurobricks where people appreciate them, and become a signifigant member of this community.

That's the spirit! :classic:

I would like to join this Academy if I'm worthy. I've done some Technic reviews in the past (check my profile), and tend to do some every time I get a new shipment. I want to recieve a more constructive feedback on my reviews, rather than "Great set" and so forth. So where do I begin?

Come aboard! :grin:

Access granted to all three of you. Welcome!

Lost_in_Noise, you were already in:

I would like to join the Reviewers Academy. I have a camera, and some reviews made. Check my profile. More to come.

Access granted.

Welcome to Reviewers Academy.

You should see a new forum at the top of the board index. Go in there! :wink:

Hi!

I would like to join! I did a review once, of some M-tron sets here, but I feel I need to work on my review writing skills.

My camera isn't amazing, but its Ok, and I've got some old space sets lying around ready to be reviewed! :classic:

After thinking for a long time, I would became part of the Reviewers Academy :classic:. I've never done any review, but I'm ready to learn from the best LEGO reviewer in the internet. :classic:

I would like to join the reviewers academy, I was looking for some reviews of the old sets I have and saw that some of them still need to be reviewed! so I built one of the set, took pictures and was about to post write a review about it then I saw this topic. So I would like to learn the tricks and be useful to this forum

I have some reviews over the Turkish Lego Fan Community Forum, just for your information

7468 Review

7279 Review

7235 Review

Edited by Gauke

Lost_in_Noise, you were already in:

You should see a new forum at the top of the board index. Go in there! :wink:

The previous sets are submitted in the "Technic.." subforum. Should I submit my new ones in there as well, or in here?

Hi, I'd like to join the Reviewers Academy because I enjoy looking at the quality ones here and I'd like to contribute to the community.

If admitted I would like to start off with doing a polybag set that's not yet been reviewed. It would be an ideal first project I think.

I've got the equipment and most of the skills so I won't be tasking you too heavily (I hope). My weak point is lighting.

Additionally; this is my 100th post in about as many days of being a member of EB. Will you divulge the secret handshake now or is that 500 posts? Ha ha, thanks, Joe

Edited by bjtpro

Would I be able to join this? I might be a bit new or inexperienced here but I'm an administrator at Brickipedia and would like to get a bit more active and involved in the community here and I like doing reviews.

Hi!

I would like to join! I did a review once, of some M-tron sets here, but I feel I need to work on my review writing skills.

My camera isn't amazing, but its Ok, and I've got some old space sets lying around ready to be reviewed! :classic:

After thinking for a long time, I would became part of the Reviewers Academy :classic:. I've never done any review, but I'm ready to learn from the best LEGO reviewer in the internet. :classic:

I would like to join the reviewers academy, I was looking for some reviews of the old sets I have and saw that some of them still need to be reviewed! so I built one of the set, took pictures and was about to post write a review about it then I saw this topic. So I would like to learn the tricks and be useful to this forum

I have some reviews over the Turkish Lego Fan Community Forum, just for your information

7468 Review

7279 Review

7235 Review

Hi, I'd like to join the Reviewers Academy because I enjoy looking at the quality ones here and I'd like to contribute to the community.

If admitted I would like to start off with doing a polybag set that's not yet been reviewed. It would be an ideal first project I think.

I've got the equipment and most of the skills so I won't be tasking you too heavily (I hope). My weak point is lighting.

Additionally; this is my 100th post in about as many days of being a member of EB. Will you divulge the secret handshake now or is that 500 posts? Ha ha, thanks, Joe

Access granted. Welcome on-board!

Since my previous post was deleated, I suppose I'll have to ask again, I'd like to improve on my reviewing and photography skills and I meet the three set requirement, could I be allowed to join the Academy? Thanks. :wink:

I want to join, but I only have a few bytes left for attaching files and images, also I no longer have photoshop. Is that a problem? If so can it be fixed (I mean the first part.)

I want to join, but I only have a few bytes left for attaching files and images, also I no longer have photoshop. Is that a problem? If so can it be fixed (I mean the first part.)

There are plenty of free image hosting sites, like flickr, or photobucket, or even mocpages. Photoshop is not a requirement. You will want some sort of photo editing software though, I know there are free ones out there. I personally use photoshop, but I believe Gimp is one, some of the other teachers would be able to help you with that for sure.

There are plenty of free image hosting sites, like flickr, or photobucket, or even mocpages. Photoshop is not a requirement. You will want some sort of photo editing software though, I know there are free ones out there. I personally use photoshop, but I believe Gimp is one, some of the other teachers would be able to help you with that for sure.

Ok give me a few days to get it again, I gave it to my friend and I go back to school Monday so I can ask him then, and i'll install it as soon as I get it.

Since my previous post was deleated, I suppose I'll have to ask again, I'd like to improve on my reviewing and photography skills and I meet the three set requirement, could I be allowed to join the Academy? Thanks. :wink:

Access Granted.

Ok give me a few days to get it again, I gave it to my friend and I go back to school Monday so I can ask him then, and i'll install it as soon as I get it.

Access Granted, feel free to read up, there is NO time limit in the Reviewers Academy so don't feel pressured to do anything right away.

I got a few sets i can review, So i will try to join.(I say "try" because I have school)How does the academy work? Do i get emails telling me the essential things to do to have a good review,or is it another way?