Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I really like those Old Republic troopers.

Gonna have to get lots of those along with Sith Troopers...

Edited by General Magma

Two new shots of Ahsoka, including her back:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item2ec34da3d3

Anyone who agrees that the head printing looks somehow misprinted?

To me it looks like it's supposed to be like that, like she's smirking. And it's nice to see that she does have a double-sided head. This Ahsoka's so much better than the old one!

To me it looks like it's supposed to be like that, like she's smirking. And it's nice to see that she does have a double-sided head. This Ahsoka's so much better than the old one!

Interesting, I hope you're right - and for better pictures.

Finally, an opportunity to get an A wing!!! do you think the purchase of lucasfilm could have an effect on the prices of SW sets?

Lego is locked into a deal on the SW license, till something like 2018, that was made before Disney bought SW from Lucas. I'm positive that deal is still binding with some kind of stipulation on profit margins for both Lucas and Lego.

Besides, I think the prices are high enough right now that if Disney made Lego go higher, they'd see a drop in sales. Especially when Lego makes their own comparable designs (City, MF, etc) that have a much better price per brick rate sold right across the aisle or in the same Lego store.

I'm hoping that is a bad test shot of the Ashoka fig in that auction. The face looks kinda cross eyed? Otherwise the figure looks much better than the old.

Lego is locked into a deal on the SW license, till something like 2018, that was made before Disney bought SW from Lucas. I'm positive that deal is still binding with some kind of stipulation on profit margins for both Lucas and Lego.

Besides, I think the prices are high enough right now that if Disney made Lego go higher, they'd see a drop in sales. Especially when Lego makes their own comparable designs (City, MF, etc) that have a much better price per brick rate sold right across the aisle or in the same Lego store.

Besides Lego has a number of deal with Disney as well as Lucas (or one overall deal). As far as we can tell the prices for the Lego Disney licensed sets are within the same general ballpark to the consumer as the SW sets. So Disney is probably content with their Lego deals for now. If anything the licensing costs to Lego may go down slightly. Lucas was known for taking a high cut out of licensee's. Disney might not be as steep.

Two new shots of Ahsoka, including her back:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item2ec34da3d3

Anyone who agrees that the head printing looks somehow misprinted?

The printing on that figure looks pretty cheap, its almost like its already starting to fade away. I hope the face is a serious misprint , otherwise I will have to put on Ahsoka's previous face.

The 501e Clone Trooper helmet looks... :wacko: I hope its just a early design.

Besides Lego has a number of deal with Disney as well as Lucas (or one overall deal). As far as we can tell the prices for the Lego Disney licensed sets are within the same general ballpark to the consumer as the SW sets. So Disney is probably content with their Lego deals for now. If anything the licensing costs to Lego may go down slightly. Lucas was known for taking a high cut out of licensee's. Disney might not be as steep.

I doubt prices would ever go down, but it would be possible they just wouldn't increase as quickly. If things are selling well at this price point, I doubt they would lower it when they are making the kind of money they are now.

Its a misprint, no chance that is anything different of her face. Due to that clear misprint, im hoping the 501st helmet is a misprint too high. I personally believe these figs are preliminary incorrect attempts and meant to be disposed of which is probably how they have been obtained.

Its a misprint, no chance that is anything different of her face. Due to that clear misprint, im hoping the 501st helmet is a misprint too high. I personally believe these figs are preliminary incorrect attempts and meant to be disposed of which is probably how they have been obtained.

That's possible, and I would like that very much. The unreleased figures from other themes the guy offers, though, e.g. from TMNT, don't look like misprints.

Let's hope. :distressed:

Ah, it will sell anyway.

No offence, but most of the Lego Star Wars fans are happy with anything new.

The lego star wars fans that dont really like the sets just dont comment as much as thay dont really have anything to say, and thats why it seems that way. Eg: Me, the only set I'm sure I'll get is the Rancor Pit. :wink:

How is that a misprint? It definitely is a improvement form the first face, the first one looks real derpy.

Because the face is slanted/twisted down to one side and slightly squashed (ever so slightly). That's how.

Because the face is slanted/twisted down to one side and slightly squashed (ever so slightly). That's how.

To me it seems that it's obvious that it was intended.

I think it's more obvious now that we've seen the video. Anyway, as it seems, the 501st Trooper is in no way misprinted, but rather represents, so to say, the shape of things to come.

I guess not having been in the printing industry, it may seem that way... however, having been a printer, I tend to notice them easier... but as Brickadeer pointed out, the video clears it up as a misprint.

I still don't understand the need of having a video taking up 3 and a half minutes of your time to show a single LEGO figure...

It's neat seeing a figure from every angle and whatnot, but those reviewers could certainly shorten their preview and probably mute themselves while they are at it.

I'm not into Clone Wars though, so I'm not too interested in that figure. But the character would be cool in a non-CW version (which I don't think will ever exist due to her not being in the PT).

Take a look at these two minifigures from set 75001 Republic Troopers and Sith Troopers Battle Pack:

That's not a Sith Trooper, it's a Super Trooper! :roflmao: Seriously though, the Republic trooper's head is obviously wrong, and I'm pretty sure the Sith trooper wont have a Superman head either. I mean, why would a minifig that usually has a fully closed helmet on need double-sided head printing? As others have pointed out, there have been mistakes on the other ebay minifigs too, so it's entirely possible.

I have to agree with the others, this is obviously a new smirking face and it's much more accurate to her face from the show than her previous minifig incarnation. You might be right about that last part though, and I also hope that the mouth on the 501st will be printed lower in the final sets. Hopefully we'll get a review of him soon too so that we can better tell if it's a misprint or not, and to see if there are holes for accessories on the side of the helmet, although my hope for that being the case are dwindling with every new picture I see of them. :sceptic:

I have to agree with the others, this is obviously a new smirking face and it's much more accurate to her face from the show than her previous minifig incarnation. You might be right about that last part though, and I also hope that the mouth on the 501st will be printed lower in the final sets. Hopefully we'll get a review of him soon too so that we can better tell if it's a misprint or not, and to see if there are holes for accessories on the side of the helmet, although my hope for that being the case are dwindling with every new picture I see of them. :sceptic:

Im not sure if you saw the ebay pic... but the actual face print is tilted/twisted down to her left and slightly squished. The one in the video is clearly symmetrical. Misprint clearly apparant :wink:

Just noticed these on Flickr:

8183300474_97b6fabcc7_z.jpg

8183300864_74edcb5f58_z.jpg

8183300234_0891beb04a_z.jpg

The 501st trooper may or may not be a printing error- the Republic trooper's "mouth" also looks high up. Let's hope it's the same deal with the clone.