just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

Thanks! Those wolves look really bad under their helments, but the lion isn't worse (and not really better either) than I had expected - although apperantly there are no under helment shots.

I think it's the wide-set eyes on the wolves that kinda kills 'em... great prints, but without the helmets they look a bit wonky with the eyes so far apart! The legs of them and the lion look great for all kinds of reuse--provided you remove the 'claw' prints on the toes (or maybe the custom figures have claws attached to their boots/shoes?)

Am I the only one that has the feeling that all of the mini figures from Chima are going to be sold on E-Bay before the series is even officially released? There's only a handful of figures that haven't been leaked yet. :laugh:

Am I the only one that has the feeling that all of the mini figures from Chima are going to be sold on E-Bay before the series is even officially released? There's only a handful of figures that haven't been leaked yet. :laugh:

At least, we very well could see one or more of each animal group before the official release - all we're missing is a croc!

I'd just like to know who has the disposable income to go around paying $70 for two minifigs that are going to cost $3 apiece in less than six months.

I'd just like to know who has the disposable income to go around paying $70 for two minifigs that are going to cost $3 apiece in less than six months.

people who buy them are using them for video reviews - folks like thebrickshow - to make money from selling ads on youtube. for them, being first is very important, hence the premium paid.

The figures are neat looking, but not as exciting as I first thought with the Character book glimpse. It is interesting that they have face printing AND mask molds to go over it with similar printing. I guess LEGO figured not everyone would love the head molds?? Some of the heads do look off with the way the eyes are in proportion, but at the same time, it does add variety I suppose. I'm unsure if I will be getting any with all of these other themes coming out and needing a better budget next year. But it will be neat to see how it stacks up against Ninjago.

This site has some set descriptions for the Chima lineup. Not much info on the story or info on the sets that we couldn't figure out from the images we've already seen, although if accurate it confirms a few minor details:
  • Razar is the raven clan leader.
  • Laval is the lion clan leader.
  • Equila is an eagle clan soldier.
  • The Chi Waterfall is apparently an actual relevant location, since it's mentioned in Equila's Ultra Striker's description rather than just the description of the Speedorz set it comes in.
  • Wakz is a wolf clan soldier, and Winzar is his assistant.
  • Crominus is the king of the crocodile clan, while Prince Cragger is his son.
  • Cragger's Croc-Boat Headquarters has a prison in the bow hold.
  • Crawley is an assistant to Cragger.
  • One of the gimmicks being emphasized for most of these animal vehicles is that the mouths of them can fit minifigures.
  • Perhaps the biggest revelation, if it's accurate and not just preliminary: this page says there are six clans, with the sixth being a gorilla clan on the "good" side.

Edited by Aanchir

WOO! Not quite Monkeys but I'll take Gorillas. :sweet: Perhaps they're in an exclusive set?

I wonder if they'll use the CMF Gorrilla Suit Guy head.

Still not Rhinos or Elephants, but hopefully in a future wave. They just seem like obvious choices.

Kalhiki

Also, here's a story brief from the same site:

Lego Company presents a new series - Legends of Chima.

Chima - a magic country, famous for its hovering mountain. This mountain exudes magical chi, which works wonders for animals living nearby. Animals learned to walk on two legs, wore suits of armor and went to war for Chi.

The Lion clan has long guarded the energy and distributed it equally among the other clans, and the Eagle and Gorilla clans helped them. But the Crocodiles decided that they get less Chi than the others and, calling the Wolves and Ravens to action, went to capture the mountain by force.

Lego lets you choose one of the six clans, and advocate for it in this bitter war. Kits will be available in January 2013 and will feature figures, Chima cycles, and even Cragger's ship.

Cragger - is the leader of the Crocodile clan. His ship can float, like a real crocodile - the tail, mouth, inside which is a prison, and claws - all within it. It is also equipped with a machine gun, a rocket launcher and a motor.

Learn about all new Lego on our site.

I think the top 3 candidates for new tribes are:

1. Rhinoceroses

2. Hippos

3. Elephants

I would have thought bears would be at the top (PANDA...)

Also from looking at Aanchir's translated character discriptions, I can see Crominus being killed, or at least usurped by Cragger.

I have to say this theme is starting to look even better. Now all we need is a TV show commercial...

Edited by Penkid11

Crominus vs Cragger sounds familiar from a different story,but that happens from time to time.

Very interesting information on the tribes,especially the Gorillas.

(200th Post Yes!)

Edited by Zachattacx

I have to say, I like these minifigs more and more every time I get a good look at them. The wolf heads don't look great from straight on, but in profile they are great. Detailing on the body is also good. You could use those torsos in a lot of different fantasy settings.

Gorrilas? IMHO sounds better than monkeys, since now we don't need tails, plus they're more likely to be able to stand up. From the rest that you've quoted from that site, it would sound fairly consolodated!