ACPin

Grievous Arrival On Utapau

Everything I expected it to be, and so much more. :wub: Really digging that crab droid, and the construction is awesome! :thumbup:

Everything I expected it to be, and so much more. :wub: Really digging that crab droid, and the construction is awesome! :thumbup:

The crab droid was an improvement on an old design from way back.

Awesome work, as usual! The overall structure looks very accurate and I love that Crab Droid, as well. :thumbup::wub:

Tried to come as close as possible to the original designs but had to put my own spin on some parts due to structural issues.

Superb work as always! I love the skeleton design, very intricate.

Very time-consuming and very fragile as well. This is one that would not travel well so don't expect it to show up in any cons at all.

AC

PS. Bonus close-up pic added of the meet and greet!

Just watched this scene on DVD just to look at this MOC. You can almost hear the flack guns :wub_drool:.

Wow, that's a stellar build. I especially like Tion Medon and his counsulars and the little Utais. Also the Crab Droid and are both very creative. :thumbup:

Stunning as usual ACPin ( got it right this time :tongue: ). I love the custom figs like the Manga Guards and members of the Separtist council. The droids are also nice with the addition of a crab droid (haven't seem many recreated in Lego form) and treadwell inspecting Grievous's ship. Its nice to see some customer figs instead of just changing over a couple of SW Minifigs parts.

How much re-enforcement have you put in to the skeletal frame? It looks rather thin and heavy and I cant see much supporting it.

Another masterpiece from you! :thumbup:

Great build! Love the entire structure :wub:

Like your way off representation off the Utapau native species :thumbup:

Yay, it's finally finished! And it's every bit as awesome as i hoped for and more! The skeletal structure that covers the landing platform looks both delicate and beautifully detailed, you really captured the overall feel of it as it appeared in the movies. I can't stop looking at it! :wub_drool:

I also like how you made the scene come alive by adding loads of characters, droids, service vehicles, and Grievous' starfighter of course. Especially the crab droid caught my eye, it's really well made. :thumbup: The goblins look a bit odd as Utai though, but i can't think of any minifig that would look like a better alternative.

There is do much to love about this Moc. The Skelton and the crab droid both look brilliant.

More detailed pics can be seen from the site.

Just watched this scene on DVD just to look at this MOC. You can almost hear the flack guns :wub_drool:.

Yeah, I get that a lot! It really starts with good reference pics when creating scenes like this.

Excellent ACPin, you never cease to amaze.

:sweet:

Wow, that's a stellar build. I especially like Tion Medon and his counsulars and the little Utais. Also the Crab Droid and are both very creative. :thumbup:

Besides the whole structure, it's the little details that make the scene come to life so I make sure that they're consistent to the theme.

This is a great replica! Love it!

:thumbup:

Amazing! I like the detail, especially on the crab droid. Great job not using any custom parts, too. :classic:

I've generally stuck with pure Lego elements as much as I can.

Stunning as usual ACPin ( got it right this time :tongue: ). I love the custom figs like the Manga Guards and members of the Separtist council. The droids are also nice with the addition of a crab droid (haven't seem many recreated in Lego form) and treadwell inspecting Grievous's ship. Its nice to see some customer figs instead of just changing over a couple of SW Minifigs parts.

How much re-enforcement have you put in to the skeletal frame? It looks rather thin and heavy and I cant see much supporting it.

Another masterpiece from you! :thumbup:

If you look at the landing platform pic, there are a couple of supports in the middle that keep the whole structure up. I've tried in the initial design to have a couple more supports on the sides so that I can get rid of the two supports in the middle. But that had to be scrapped as the the weight of the skeletal frame was too much to bear.

Great build! Love the entire structure :wub:

Like your way off representation off the Utapau native species :thumbup:

Those HP heads were just perfect for them!

Yay, it's finally finished! And it's every bit as awesome as i hoped for and more! The skeletal structure that covers the landing platform looks both delicate and beautifully detailed, you really captured the overall feel of it as it appeared in the movies. I can't stop looking at it! :wub_drool:

I also like how you made the scene come alive by adding loads of characters, droids, service vehicles, and Grievous' starfighter of course. Especially the crab droid caught my eye, it's really well made. :thumbup: The goblins look a bit odd as Utai though, but i can't think of any minifig that would look like a better alternative.

You'll have to add fragile for the whole structure as I couldn't add more details/support since some parts broke down during the build process. Just happy to have had no breakdowns during the picture taking as that would've been a mess!

AC

PS. Thanks for the FP Erdbeeries!

Wow, excellent MOC! The amount of detail is most impressive :yoda:

I'm now jealous of your tiles and tan parts collection :wub:

Great work as always!

Awesome! That skeleton frame is great, as is the whole platform. I too like this part of the movie(except Grievous dying) and you did it justice!

Wow, excellent MOC! The amount of detail is most impressive :yoda:

I'm now jealous of your tiles and tan parts collection :wub:

Great work as always!

Almost exhausted my supply of tan/dark tan as this MOC and two others have eaten all of it. However, this may not last long and will probably be deconstructed before my next big build. :cry_sad:

Awesome! That skeleton frame is great, as is the whole platform. I too like this part of the movie(except Grievous dying) and you did it justice!

Would've expanded it but due to time constraints of the CB, this is all I've managed to finish.

This model is very nice :wink: ! :thumbup:

:sweet:

Amazing work!!

So many details and the skeleton is great too!

Details no matter how small still count and that's why the links show you more.

AC

I've managed to move it last night but then woke up to this! :cry3:

Back to sorting as there are still parts all over the floor as I don't plan on rebuilding it.

8169521005_466642d67c_c.jpg

AC

I've managed to move it last night but then woke up to this! :cry3:

Back to sorting as there are still parts all over the floor as I don't plan on rebuilding it.

Operation Delta Base Zero complete Chancellor :devil:.

Such a shame really.

I really like this MOC, compliments on how you built it, but one small remark: the crab droid is rather out of scale:

Crabdroid_bg.jpg

WinduRidesAgain-TCWRHPrima.jpg

Operation Delta Base Zero complete Chancellor :devil:.

Such a shame really.

Only thing I regret was not being able to shoot another scene with the firefight between the clones and the droids.

I really like this MOC, compliments on how you built it, but one small remark: the crab droid is rather out of scale:

There's always a trade-off between scale and details. In the case of the crab droid, I went for details rather than scale and besides it's only modded from an old MOC.

CrabDroidAttack-a00.jpg

AC

No worries, who knows what will be built from the ashes of this magnificent creation, AC always finds the way to impress us with its large scale creations.

No worries, who knows what will be built from the ashes of this magnificent creation, AC always finds the way to impress us with its large scale creations.

It was going to be deconstructed later for the CB project that I had in mind. But that's for another thread...

AC