Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Here is the updated roof - it's pretty much this or no roof, how does it look?

8158535674_1b9a5cb385.jpg

And of course I'm not done with it yet, just the basic shape. :wink:

Looks good Kai!

But I loves teh fleshy heads. =[

Yellow is a classic though, but fleshy makes it look so adorable.

Btw, I wanted to make a throne room, where do ya'll get your flat pieces?

The Lego Store in my city only seems to sell bricks and you still see those grid dots, that it'd make the whole decoration look sloppy.

Bricklink is a good place to buy pieces, IDK what country you're in, but it shouldn't be too hard to find a store that ships to you (of course, the closer the better!).

Looks good Kai! . . .

Thanks!

Here is the updated roof - it's pretty much this or no roof, how does it look?

Hard to tell for sure as I can't picture what it will look like when its finished but it does look to have good potential. I do hope you cap it off on the ends with curved plates though....

@Magnus -When I was still ten or eleven I probably would have done nothing but fleshies... In fact I probably would have done a yellow head purge and traded them all in for fleshies. :rofl: Fortunately fleshies came around while I was in the dark age. However I now favor yellow heads.

Hard to tell for sure as I can't picture what it will look like when its finished but it does look to have good potential. I do hope you cap it off on the ends with curved plates though....

You just about nailed my problem - I only have two curved plates left! However, that's really enough for the front, and I'll probably leave the back open. Should have the entire entry done tomorrow or wednessday, glad you seem to like the shape!

Well, Kai, there are some desert structures that have open backs and fronts to let smoke out from fires. It'll work. But I want to see you find an alternative. There should be something you could do.

Well, Kai, there are some desert structures that have open backs and fronts to let smoke out from fires. It'll work. But I want to see you find an alternative. There should be something you could do.

I really don't see anything myself, unless I want to incorporate some yellow up there as well, I've almost completly run out of dark red and normal red. But I'll try! :wink:

Any chance that the deadline for V gets moved back a week or two? I am half built, but probably no way that I can finish this week. Work is a killer right now.

Any chance that the deadline for V gets moved back a week or two? I am half built, but probably no way that I can finish this week. Work is a killer right now.

I kind of doubt it, what a shame you might not get to enter, Kaliplin really needs some more entries! At least I've got mine done (click-picture-topic):

8166441472_d17c0747a6.jpg

Now that I know what I'm doing (sort of) with my camera, I took a (hopefully better) picture of my sig-fig as well:

8166516693_00b2bc6b26.jpg

And with Challenge V done, I plan on having part three of my travel log up soon!

I absolutely love this idea and support it fully!

My challenge five is finally up here --> http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=75863

8165771228_1289b208e3.jpg

Anyone else planning on entering? Seems a little quiet around here, I know I have been super busy, so I assume everyone else is too this time a year. Hopefully now that I have all my LUG duties out of the way, I can build more for the guild and get to commenting more!

My challenge five is finally up here --> http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=75863

8165771228_1289b208e3.jpg

Anyone else planning on entering? Seems a little quiet around here, I know I have been super busy, so I assume everyone else is too this time a year. Hopefully now that I have all my LUG duties out of the way, I can build more for the guild and get to commenting more!

Looks absolutely awesome. I can't wait to find a moment to comment on it! I like the few entries our guild has set forth so far. I am sorry that without an extension, I won't be able to participate.

But... I will let you all know what I was building. It turns out I did not have the bricks to really do this the way I wanted, but.... I was building a giant statue (Like the Colossus at Rhodes) and then creating the refugee camp running off of it and around it all the way to the crown on the statue -- where the commanders would be meeting. It turns out to make a smooth statue, I don't have the bricks, but I decided to make a weathered shell (sort of like the sphinx before restoration) of the colossus and still run the refugee camp all the way around it. Almost like a tree house(s), only with a statue instead of a tree. Unfortunately. Due to work, I won't have time to finish it in time. But I look forward to seeing others' entries.

... But... I will let you all know what I was building. It turns out I did not have the bricks to really do this the way I wanted, but.... I was building a giant statue (Like the Colossus at Rhodes) and then creating the refugee camp running off of it and around it all the way to the crown on the statue -- where the commanders would be meeting. It turns out to make a smooth statue, I don't have the bricks, but I decided to make a weathered shell (sort of like the sphinx before restoration) of the colossus and still run the refugee camp all the way around it. Almost like a tree house(s), only with a statue instead of a tree. Unfortunately. Due to work, I won't have time to finish it in time. But I look forward to seeing others' entries.

That sounds really intriguing, I actually started out trying to do a sphinx rather than a temple (I'm not good at building large statues, probaby because I give up after the mouth, which never looks right), my idea was (a bit farfetched, admitedly), to build a sphinx with an opening mouth that could swallow a minifigure and send him down a chute to the bottom (red chamber). I know, totally impossible, at least for me, but if I could have done that... :laugh:

Anyway, I wanted to say that I thought it was really great that last time, at least at the begining, there were no thumbnails in the voting thread. I hope it will be the same this time, since these are all so big, and for mine at least, a major part (the red chamber) is completly invisible from the front. Just to say that I appreciated the lack of thumbnails earlier. :grin:

Regardless, I've completed that library I've been putting off and off and off, here it is: (clicky!)

8169134132_dedac8b63a.jpg

And I haven't forgotten about part three of my travel log, I was actually hopeing to post both at the same time, but I didn't quite finish the vig last night (so likely later to day). After that, I'll start building for Valaryo, I've already got a god idea (though, like most of my "good ideas" it promises to be very difficult...).

Anyway, I wanted to say that I thought it was really great that last time, at least at the begining, there were no thumbnails in the voting thread. I hope it will be the same this time, since these are all so big,.

I'm guessing there won't be a voting thread this time as an extra prize has not been announced. :classic:

I'm guessing there won't be a voting thread this time as an extra prize has not been announced. :classic:

Yes, that has been hinted at as a possibility, but as far as I remember, wasn't the extra prize for Challenge IV only "announced" in a review on Helm's Deep (until the voting thread, of course)? And haven't all the other Challenges had extra prizes? Of course, it's certainly not neccesariy for the guild leaders to offer anything, but I would think it a bit strange that that would stop only two challenges before the end (of the official challenges). :wink:

And here is part three of my Journey of Exploration (clicking on the picture will take you to the post):

8169823330_e131991a92.jpg

Yes, that has been hinted at as a possibility, but as far as I remember, wasn't the extra prize for Challenge IV only "announced" in a review on Helm's Deep (until the voting thread, of course)? And haven't all the other Challenges had extra prizes?

I'm pretty sure that the extra prizes started with challenge 3 just after I joined GoH... I could be wrong but with the limited number of entries this challenge, it wouldn't really be worthwhile to have an extra prize. It is my thinking that the extra prize was to try and stimulate more Eurobrick users to participate in GoH.... anyway we will find out for sure shortly. :laugh: But there have been hints to prizes and stuff given out at the end of Challenge 6....

I'm pretty sure that the extra prizes started with challenge 3 just after I joined GoH... I could be wrong but with the limited number of entries this challenge, it wouldn't really be worthwhile to have an extra prize. It is my thinking that the extra prize was to try and stimulate more Eurobrick users to participate in GoH.... anyway we will find out for sure shortly. :laugh: But there have been hints to prizes and stuff given out at the end of Challenge 6....

I think there are about 15 (including Z's and Garmadon's) - only three Kaliphlin so far! :cry_sad: , which may not be that many, but, all things considered, I don't think it's too bad. As far as the extra prize, you're right, there may well not be one (it doesn't really matter, I don't stand a chance anyway), but I guess we'll know in a few days!

Edit: I've been in a building mood the last few days (clicking on the picture will take you to the topic):

8170524758_1c8d19ba11.jpg

Edited by Kai NRG

I pretty much finished my build, will post tomorrow. any more for Kaliphlin coming?

:classic:

I have something coming for the Universtiy contest... I was thinking about posting it the other day but decided I was being lazy by leaving an open back. So I'm hoping to finish up the back tonight and post it either tomorrow or Monday.

I have finished the Temple of the Mad Monks (clicky).

8174965015_bea2e1d2ae_n.jpg

With this, I am officially staking a claim on a site on the South side of the island in the lake in the Qar-Arkhen river. Building done, now I can get round to commenting on the other entries. So many contests right now with Valyrio and the University, and Challenge 6 round the corner. Good luck all!

:classic:

I definitely plan on coming back and commenting on a few of these in the week to come. So much good coming out of the guild. I hate that I had absolutely 0 time this month to participate. Great job everyone though!

Well I didn't get to photograph my university build yet, I may have to settle for indoor shots. I did however make good progress on an entry for Valryo contest.

I'm out of the running...probably til late December. Trying to keep up with some pretty rough classes and getting a job. Sorry, guys.

On a separate note, would anyone be willing to try to make a figure? I was thinking of trying to make something along the lines of a Kaliphlin paladin or something.

This body with dark red arms and dark grey or white hands: 973pb682.jpg?1

and these legs: 970c00pb063.jpg?1

Then perhaps a turban or helmet, I couldn't figure what would go best. The head really doesn't matter. I just thought it would be an interesting template for Kaliphlin knights or paladins. It's also possible to do a similar design in dark blue, using the king's legs from the Fantasy era and dark blue arms.

Edit: found the legs :classic:

Edited by Axis600

Well, I don't have either of those minifig parts, but that does look like it might make a good combination. :thumbup:

@MK, same here, as far as the Valaryio that is, done with the general base (canal, roadway) and almost done with the two houses I'm building. It will be interesting to see what everyone else comes up with, the guild seems to have a lot of potential and "life in Valaryio" is a pretty broad topic!

@Ska, do you plan on finishing and posting your build as a free build? I'd love to see what you were doing! :classic:

I really just have the legs somewhat done, along with the scenery I was a good 20 hours away from completion... I think I might go back to investigating how much it would take me to make a more polished version of the statue and make it one of the 7 wonders of Historica. Right now, I think my next project is to build the stadium for the university, and then ask permission to run a contest / event that revolves around it. I have a neat idea that includes a minimalist approach to building contest. Also in December when I have a few breaks from some of the places I teach, I think I may run another "send in your character to fight the forces of evil" thread, as that seemed to go over well.

EDIT: Actually, that might be a pretty epic contest in its own right. Maybe 6 months after the final challenge, we could have a due date for a "7 Wonders of Historica" challenge. With 6 months, some monstrous man made creations could be created. Colossus? Pantheon? Giant Pyramid of Kaliphlin? We could set the parameters that the creation had to be absolutely epic.

We could offer some medium size prizes to each of the winners, which would be decided from a Eurobricks wide poll.