Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

LEGO Pirates Animal Battle Pack Survey - Presentation of Results

poor Sealion!

It's interesting how the jaguar get so high score... seems that the people want more land structures.... I doubt that any sailor wants to share their ship with a little kitten!

Of course, this points directly to a new islander (maybe not so islander) tribe!... aztec warrior.. I´m watching you!

Nice report !

I hope that the pirates loving animals will get what they want... err well you understand what I meant :sweet:

And poor dodo... exterminated a second time :distressed:

Interesting results.. I specialy like the hint toward the "jungle animals" collection. Something like that would be usefull outside the pirates theme too..

I always have wondered why Lego animals are rather "rare" at least in variety. Specially when ,as in the article, compared to e.g. Playmobil or even Lego's own Duplo..

Guess it has to do with Lego's focus on vehicle sets?

I believe the end the document states that crabs have not yet been released in pirate-themed sets. While it may be true for the dark red, a yellow crab occures here - and I'm pretty sure that would qualify as a pirate themed set. :wink:

I'm a bit surprised at how popular the idea of a turtle is, but I do think we could use one! :thumbup: A jaguar seems to me like a great idea as well. And an island tribe theme would be splendid!

That's a very nice write-up. I do have a suggestion, if you're willing to take another pass at the presentation. Mainly, I would suggest an ordering to the bars in the bar charts. I would order them from most votes to least votes. That way you can look at one end or the other to see what animals were most popular or least popular.

I believe the end the document states that crabs have not yet been released in pirate-themed sets. While it may be true for the dark red, a yellow crab occures here - and I'm pretty sure that would qualify as a pirate themed set. :wink:

You are indeed correct, I have amended the presentation for when the next version eventually gets released.

I'm a bit surprised at how popular the idea of a turtle is, but I do think we could use one! :thumbup:

Apparently there is a turtle in the upcoming Friends theme, although it seems a bit too "pretty" for pirates.

post-273-0-96330500-1352452288_thumb.jpg

That's a very nice write-up. I do have a suggestion, if you're willing to take another pass at the presentation. Mainly, I would suggest an ordering to the bars in the bar charts. I would order them from most votes to least votes. That way you can look at one end or the other to see what animals were most popular or least popular.

I've had a quick look and to re-order the animals by number of votes I'd have to edit the original spreadsheet for each chart. Unfortunately I don't have time for this, unless PowerPoint has a tool somewhere, but I cannot find it!

Apparently there is a turtle in the upcoming Friends theme, although it seems a bit too "pretty" for pirates.

That seems a nice set for pirates ! You got a turtle, some golden longviews, foliage, some brown and tan bricks, a clamshell and a nice pink ribbon! :sweet:

*turtle set goes here*

Certainly too "pretty" for my taste, although I might pick up the bag for the other things (clams, spyglasses, leaf, etc.)

That seems a nice set for pirates ! You got a turtle, some golden longviews, foliage, some brown and tan bricks, a clamshell and a nice pink ribbon! :sweet:

You're right! Remove the effeminate elements, drop in a pirate or two and this set would make a nice pirate shanty.

You're right! Remove the effeminate elements, drop in a pirate or two and this set would make a nice pirate shanty.

might suggest a cauldron, and the soup its ready!!! :moar:

Sorry to resurrect that old thread, but I wanted to know what happened to the survey results since november.

Well, we're getting a sea gull in the next series of minifigures:

Sea_Captain.png

Sorry to resurrect that old thread, but I wanted to know what happened to the survey results since november.

The official fourth-quarter LEGO Survey is completely unrelated to this, however the third-quarter survey findings weren't released until December 21, 2012, so don't expect the fourth quarter results for another few months.

Well, we're getting a sea gull in the next series of minifigures:

Sea_Captain.png

Excellent, the Animal Battle Pack Survey has paid off after-all! :pir-grin:

Ok thanks... I'm not familiar with that survey things, but I was just wondering what happened with all those animals we voted for :classic:

Anyway it's nice to see that one of the most wanted animal is actually becoming reality (or legolity), even if it has nothing to do with the votes :pir-sweet:

Ok thanks... I'm not familiar with that survey things, but I was just wondering what happened with all those animals we voted for :classic:

Each quarter the LEGO Group releases an official survey to ascertain general LEGO concerns. The survey conducted in this thread was an in-house Classic-Pirates.com/Eurobrick ventures lead by me which has nothing to do with the official quarterly survey.

The data collated from LEGO Pirates Animal Pack Survey was sent to the LEGO Community Team which is run by official LEGO Representatives. The representatives then forward it to the relevant departments and beyond that the LEGO Group does not reveal any further information.

Anyway it's nice to see that one of the most wanted animal is actually becoming reality (or legolity), even if it has nothing to do with the votes :pir-sweet:

Well maybe it did, we may never know. :pir-classic: