Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I wonder what faces will ep II clones and Republic troopers get. Will they use stormtroopers head or Loki/Bruce Wayne one.

This may be a stupid question, but how do people get their hands on the minifigs so early?

Also, North Lego Star, about your comment about flick fire missiles, there is still a significant amount of obvious flick-fires in the sets, and only one or two spring loaded missiles. Don't get your hopes up about the "extinction" of the flick-fire missile anytime soon. I do agree that the spring loaded missile is making a comeback, and that it is superior to the flick-fire.

Often they either work in a factory or know of a source who does, and the minifigures "escape" the factory with the help of that source.

Also, I hope flick-fire missiles don't go away any time soon. They're definitely preferable to most other types of projectiles in most applications. The amount of space wasted in sticking a spring-loaded missile in a set (which usually will also drive up the price point, like any pre-assembled element) is heartbreaking. Flick-fire missiles, on the other hand, tend to have a negligible impact on a set's structure and appearance, and are usually able to be removed from the model without any significant customization effort. Plus, flick-fires are just more useful pieces in general, in that they can be used for things other than projectiles. This isn't to say that I hate spring-loaded missiles (they pack more of a punch than a flick-fire, that's for sure), but unless a set needs the missile to have a lot of force (i.e. if it's required to hit some kind of target), why pay extra for extra "oomph"?

Edited by Aanchir

I wonder what faces will ep II clones and Republic troopers get. Will they use stormtroopers head or Loki/Bruce Wayne one.

I was wondering the same thing. In fact, I'm really hesitating whether to buy them or not, at all.

Because it's another version of the Phase I armor and I already have quite a few of the TCW-versions. I don't want to start over collecting again, even though they look somewhat better than the TCW-versions. Know what I mean? :sceptic:

Regards,

Mitch

Also, I hope flick-fire missiles don't go away any time soon. They're definitely preferable to most other types of projectiles in most applications. The amount of space wasted in sticking a spring-loaded missile in a set (which usually will also drive up the price point, like any pre-assembled element) is heartbreaking. Flick-fire missiles, on the other hand, tend to have a negligible impact on a set's structure and appearance, and are usually able to be removed from the model without any significant customization effort. Plus, flick-fires are just more useful pieces in general, in that they can be used for things other than projectiles. This isn't to say that I hate spring-loaded missiles (they pack more of a punch than a flick-fire, that's for sure), but unless a set needs the missile to have a lot of force (i.e. if it's required to hit some kind of target), why pay extra for extra "oomph"?

I definitely agree with this. I'm well past the point where I need my missiles to actually hit anything. What I do need is a dearth of intrusive mechanisms.

I think it will probably be a variation of the new Boba Fett face.

Finally, an opportunity to get an A wing!!! do you think the purchase of lucasfilm could have an effect on the prices of SW sets?

the new Ahsoka looks good and better then the older one and the clone too ,but i think it's "muoth" on the helmet is a little highly

Thanks for the pictures Brickadeer! The 501st Trooper looks really great, The detail in the helment iis just wonderful and the new chest print and leg printing is also nice, its sad that there are no holes on the sides of the helment though. As for the new Ahsoka, the body printing is really good as well as accurate, but it seems as if her face is strange looking as her eyes are at an angle, its still a great minifig though. I wonder if she has a double-sided head?

So as there seems to be a lot of these sets out, when can we expect to see some high-res pictures from lego and more importantly when can we expect to see these sets out in the stores?

By the Way, I just watched that video about the republic trooper and sith trooper and way on earth do the republic trooper's have clone heads! Although, I was never planning on buying this set, it just makes it even more of a non-purchase for me with those clone heads.

Edited by North Lego Star

I'm hoping the new Ahsoka has a double-sided head so she isn't always angry... but it's uncommon for CW figures to have double-sided heads and I can just replace it with the old Ahsoka head anyway. Other than that she looks great and I love that 501st trooper!

the new Ahsoka looks good and better then the older one and the clone too ,but i think it's "muoth" on the helmet is a little highly

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. The bottom part of the visor should be lowered by a bit.

Im loving the printing on both of these.

I think the Republic Trooper is a prototype from the factory - it can't have the clone head for:

a) they are not clones

b) the eyes don't match the line - TLC hasn't mixed CW heads with other themes yet

New Ahsoka looks awesome!

I think the Republic Trooper is a prototype from the factory - it can't have the clone head for:

a) they are not clones

b) the eyes don't match the line - TLC hasn't mixed CW heads with other themes yet

I agree on that. I think it's safe to say that the guy who bought the Trooper received it with a clone head. But that doesn't mean that the figure will have a clone head when it is in the stores. As far as I can see, there are two reasonable explanations: 1) as 'MstrOfPppts' said, it is a prototype from the factory or 2) the seller has cheated and sold the figures with the wrong heads (I have to admit that I find 1) way more likely).

As for the figures, I like them. To me, the phase II helmet seems less well-made than the TCW phase I helmet or the new Stormtrooper helmet, but it seems ok. I will wait for more and better pictures or the figure itself until I finalize my opinion. Lego missed a small detail since they didn't adapt the belt to phase II, though.

Ahsoka looks very angry. I have no idea whether this impression is intended or due to a misprint. I hope she has a dual-sided head with two different facial expressions, though.

Good observation; I think the "mouth"- or "nose"-part is located too high, and the visor, too; I think that's why I don't find the figure fully convincing. The ARC-Trooper (9488) actually got that part better, plus it got the vertical line seperating the "face" part of the helmet from the "helmet" part (in the show, it is, of course, a luminance edge, but Lego accentuated this edge by giving that part of the ARC-Trooper helmet a different colour):

rex_fives_modified.jpg

If this turns out to be the final version of the figure, I will miss it and probably all TCW phase II clones including Rex who probably suffers from the same weakness, hoping that Lego will make a better non-TCW phase II clone. That's a pitty, I was really looking forward for these guys.

Edited by Brickadeer

Whoohoo, a close-up of the clones! :excited:

Thanks, Brickadeer :sweet::thumbup:

I do agree the mouth on the clone-helmet is a tad too high, but other than that... :wub:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF WeaZZel

Good observation; I think the "mouth"- or "nose"-part is located too high, and the visor, too; I think that's why I don't find the figure fully convincing. The ARC-Trooper (9488) actually got that part better, plus it got the vertical line seperating the "face" part of the helmet from the "helmet" part (in the show, it is, of course, a luminance edge, but Lego accentuated this edge by giving that part of the ARC-Trooper helmet a different colour):

That's not really the best image to base the helmet on as both Rex and Fives have a custom helmet, that's not really a Phase II one.

That's not really the best image to base the helmet on as both Rex and Fives have a custom helmet, that's not really a Phase II one.

Rex clearly has a custom helmet. It may turn out better, and you are right that I'll have to wait for any final judgement. Fives may have custom printing, but I think the overall design, including the location of visor and "mouth"-/"nose"-part, is pretty much phase II standard, so I think it's ok to take him as a reference.

I agree on that. I think it's safe to say that the guy who bought the Trooper received it with a clone head. But that doesn't mean that the figure will have a clone head when it is in the stores. As far as I can see, there are two reasonable explanations: 1) as 'MstrOfPppts' said, it is a prototype from the factory or 2) the seller has cheated and sold the figures with the wrong heads (I have to admit that I find 1) way more likely).

As for the figures, I like them. To me, the phase II helmet seems less well-made than the TCW phase I helmet or the new Stormtrooper helmet, but it seems ok. I will wait for more and better pictures or the figure itself until I finalize my opinion. Lego missed a small detail since they didn't adapt the belt to phase II, though.

Ahsoka looks very angry. I have no idea whether this impression is intended or due to a misprint. I hope she has a dual-sided head with two different facial exp<b></b>ressions, though.

[snip]

If this turns out to be the final version of the figure, I will miss it and probably all TCW phase II clones including Rex who probably suffers from the same weakness, hoping that Lego will make a better non-TCW phase II clone. That's a pitty, I was really looking forward for these guys.

Considering the beauty of the Stormtrooper helmet, this is a disgrace. I really hope this is just misprinting or preliminary. The mold looks ok, the printing is terrible.

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't unnecessarily quote pictures from recent posts.

Ah, it will sell anyway.

No offence, but most of the Lego Star Wars fans are happy with anything new.

Edited by Bobskink

I've been waiting for some 501st for a long time....

It better be a small printing slip-up or I'm going to be very disappointed. :angry: