Sign in to follow this  
Scubacarrot

Heroica RPG - Quest #40: The Strivvian Job

OoC: Ah yes, the results were changed after my jurisdiction... How convenient. :tongue:

Seeing that Nyx was hale and healthy after all, Ellaria looked at Lord Boomingham with a puzzled expression. He then ordered her to nurture the ghost from the back row instead.

She shook her head at the leader's indecisiveness, but did what was told nevertheless.

Results of Round Five of the Creepy Basement Battle:

Boomingham vs, Ghost - Hit - (34 Damage done)

Atramor vs. Ghost - Poisoned Hit - (42 Damage done + deadly poisoned)

Skrall vs. "Suffering" - Shield Marking the Favoured (WP: 8 + 2 + level 21 = 31 x 3 = 93 Damage Dealt)

Ellaria nurtures Ghost - Nurture More - (WP: 10 x 2 + level 17 = 37 Damage done, -1 ether)

Nyx vs. Ghost - Magic Counter (46/2 - 3 = 20 Damage taken, 13 Damage Done, -1 ether)

Boomingham and Atramor manage to deal the first damage to the ghost, as it seems bothered when their weapons pass through it. The Statue seem to make an easy target for Skrall, as he once again buries a bolt inside it. The ghost makes a sudden move towards Nyx, who hits it with her half charged fire spell. Ellaria calls on her god to damage the ghost, and succeeds.

Enemies:

8135356559_b32446df28_t.jpg

Ghost
of ???
*Deadly Poisoned*

Type: Undead

Level: 46

Health: 624/760

Special:
Stare of the void:
Petrifies the Hero, and Seals everyone else.

Drops: Ectoplasm, ??? Hood

8135384440_4131fed123_t.jpg

Enchanted Statue "Suffering"
*Deadly Poisoned*
*Bleeding (5 Damage)(goes away when healed to full health)*
*Afraid (Deals and takes half damage from players)*
*Knocked back, deals half damage, and takes half damage from melee attacks (1 round)*

Type: Mechanical

Level:

Health: 328/840

Special:
Suffering of the Taken:
Makes intense wounds to appear all over the Hero, causing the Deadly Poisoned, Bleeding (for 5 Damage), Fragile and Afraid effects.

Drops: Silver Claw, Silver Longsword

Party:

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham
(Zepher)
-Party Leader-

Level 19.5 Paladin
*Counterstriking*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
41/41

Ether:
13/13

Gold:
150 (Owes 100 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
King of the Desert (Longsword)
(WP: 9,
Fire,
Darkness
Earth
)
Round Metal Shield
(SP: 7),
Hood of Belthazar Bluehood
(+4 to Power, -6 to Ether),
Counterstrike Gloves
(On Free Hits, Deals damage to enemy equal to Boomingham's level)

Inventory:
, Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect,
Light
), Scupperer (WP: 10, Causes
Bleeding
Effect for 5 Damage until remedied or healed to full health), Shiver (WP: 11,
Ice
), Shadeux Shield (SP: 5), Dress Uniform (User is encouraged for the 1st round of battle), Bedroll, 4 Bones, 4 Meads, 1 Potion, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Grand Tonic, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Mysterious Map

skrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)
*Favors
Humanoid
and
Mechanical
Enemies*
*Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound

Level 21.66 Hunter

Power:

Health:
35/35

Gold:
199 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Leojagd
(Greatsword, WP:20, User is
Slowed
),
Hunter's Quiver
(Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies),
Winged Sandles
(Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound
effects),
Lucky Doubloon
(Accessory, Grants "Special Guard"

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP:11, +4 vs. Beasts), Heavy Crossbow (WP:8, Knockback), ), Smoke Bomb x1, Grand Potion, Zoot's Plaything, Mead

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx (Pandora)

Level 22.66 Battle Mage
*Immune to
Asleep
and
Sealed
effects*

Defense:

Health:
11/31

Ether:
30/32

Gold:
180 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Book of a Thousand Creatures
(WP: 13; each hit has a 1/3 chance to summon a creature Edgar to aid the hero),
Sandman's Parasol
(immune to
Asleep
)
Robe of the Archmagi
(SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from
Sealed
-effect)

Inventory:
Dawnstar II (WP: 9), The Fishstick (WP:7 Double damage while on ships), Shiny Helmet (+1 Max Health), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Wooden Shield (SP:2), Ruby (
Fire
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Emerald (
Wood
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Garnet (
Earth
), Scroll of Weakening, Mead, Potion, Tonics (2), Grand Tonics (2), Holy Bomb, Bones (5), Ether Core, 2x Bedroll, Bomb XX

7763856174_8a7636e4b7_t_d.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

Level 22.33 Witch
*Deals Badly Poisoned*
*Counterstriking*

Health:
39/39

Ether:
0/20

Gold:
195 (Owes 187 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Ratsbane
(WP: 10, absorbs 2 health on successful strike,
Fire,
Ice,
Earth
Wind
elemental),
Witch's Talisman
(
Poisoned Hits
becomes
Badly Poisoned Hits
),
Counterstrike Gloves
(When hit by a Free Hit, immediately deals damage equal to level),
Marksman's Monocle
(Misses are rerolled),

Inventory:
Explosive Staff – WP: 12 (Does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row)),Ratmancer's Cowl (Deals double damage against Vermin), Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP: 6, gains 1 WP every kill made with it), Heavy Flail (WP: 5 Fragile Effect), Staff of the Elven Warlock (WP: 5,
wood
elemental), Topaz(
Lightning
), Fire Bomb, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row), Dragon Scale (Gives Lucky and Blessed effects on consumption), Strivvian Keystone, Shovel, Pickaxe

ava-ellaria3.jpg

Ellaria Arbour (Sandy)

Level 17 Druid
*Immune to
Sealed
effect*

Power:
30 (26)

Health:
32/32

Ether:
3/22

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus
(WP:10,
fire
-elemental staff),
Mage's Muffler
(protects from
Sealed
effect)
Black Bandana
(+3 Power),

Inventory:
Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:6,
wood
-elemental crossbow), (Potion, 2 Grand Potions, 1 Elixir, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass , Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile for rest of battle, 5 ether, 50/50 chance), Bone, -1 Cheese, Topaz (
Lightning
)

5909786980_7e1e6811fb_t.jpg

Rufindel Galadhras (Rufus)

Level 14.5 Cleric

Power
:

Defense:

Health:
0/24

Ether:
20/20

Gold:
265 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Fauxthril Staff
(WP:10) ,
Warlord's Helmet
(SP:2 Grants 'Natural Respite')
Cloak of Chimera
(+2 Health, +2 Ether)

Inventory:
Malfunctioning Staff (WP:12, on succesful attack, has a 50% chance to do half of WP damage to self instead(Ignoring SP and Row))
Potion x2, Remedy x2, Bone x2, Pickaxe, Tonic, Bedroll, Venom, Deadly Venom, Grand Potion, Wooden Shield(SP:2), Orcish Drum (WP: 8), Gold Ore (Worth 80 Gold)

Party Leader, post the order of action. Everybody, choose your actions and targets.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Ellaria feels her healing powers waning. "Uh, I think my ether is running low... But I can still keep on going!"

Giving a glance at Boomingham to see whether he approves, Ellaria tries to nurture Nyx from the back row.

My health should be fully restored due to Ratsbane's effect.

Atramor looks satisfied as the deadly venom defies the laws of magical physics and poisons the intangible spectre, and repeats his attack on the Ghost from the front row.

"Nyx should probably attack Suffering this round, just to be safe."

OoC: How am I doing 2x damage, apart from my favored multiplier? Not that I'm complaining. :grin:

"I'll keep the hunk of metal pinned down, finish off the oogly boogly!" Skrall reloads his crossbow, sighting in on the place between the statue's knee joint with his Heavy Crossbow from the back row.

OoC: How am I doing 2x damage, apart from my favored multiplier? Not that I'm complaining. :grin:

Mistake, still had the fragile effect in the calculation.

"Not a bad round for us. Atramor, with me again. Nyx, its up to you if you want to play it safe or not. I hope that Ellaria is able to bring you back if you fall, and that she does the same for Rufindel right now, but we do not have enough Phoenix Essences to spend them this early in our stay. Ellaria, pray to your god real hard, dear. We could use him... and more importantly, so could Rufindel." Boomingham scoops his Frozen Sabre off the ground and lunges at the Ghost from the front row.

Battle Order

Boomingham

Atramor

Skrall

Ellaria

Nyx

"Ellaria, pray to your god real hard, dear. We could use him... and more importantly, so could Rufindel."

"I must correct you that I follow Sylvania, the goddess of all living things on this planet. She is on our side, make no mistake of that. I just... need to concentrate."

Ellaria squeezes her eyes shut as the image of a crying infant flashes in front of her. Now is not the time for that...

I'd say Suffering with Topaz from the back row, she'll have less chance of getting KO'd.

Results of Round Six of the Creepy Basement Battle:

Boomingham vs, Ghost - Special Damage (No guard)

Atramor vs. Ghost - Poisoned Hit (42 Damage done + deadly poisoned)

Skrall vs. "Suffering" - Shield Marking the Favoured (WP: 8 + 2 + level 21 = 31 x 3 = 93 Damage Dealt)

Ellaria nurtures Nyx - No healing

Nyx vs. Suffering - Damage (11 + 3 - 21/2 = 3 Health)

The Ghost strikes back, and causes Boomingham's limbs to paralyse just as he is about to strike. There is no way he can move or let alone attack. Atramor strikes the Ghost however, and deals some damage, while Skrall causes more stone to crumble from the statue. Ellaria can't concentrate on the task at hand, and fails to heal Nyx, who gets charged by the statue, leaving her very close to being knocked out.

Enemies:

Ghost
of ???
*Deadly Poisoned*

Health: 572/760

Special:
Stare of the void:

*Deadly Poisoned*
*Knocked back, deals half damage, and takes half damage from melee attacks (1 round)*

Level:

Health: 220/840

Special:
Suffering of the Taken:
Makes intense wounds to appear all over the Hero, causing the Deadly Poisoned, Bleeding (for 5 Damage), Fragile and Afraid effects.

Party:

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham
(Zepher)
-Party Leader-
*Petrified*

Level 19.5 Paladin
*Counterstriking*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
41/41

Ether:
13/13

Gold:
150 (Owes 100 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Fire,
Darkness
Earth
)
Round Metal Shield
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory:
Light
Bleeding
Ice
), Shadeux Shield (SP: 5), Dress Uniform (User is encouraged for the 1st round of battle), Bedroll, 4 Bones, 4 Meads, 1 Potion, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Grand Tonic, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Mysterious Map

skrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)
*Favors
Humanoid
and
Mechanical
Enemies*
*Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound
*Sealed (No Effect)(3 Rounds)*

Level 21.66 Hunter

Power:

Health:
35/35

Gold:
199 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Leojagd
Slowed
),
Hunter's Quiver
Winged Sandles
(Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound
effects),
Lucky Doubloon

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP:11, +4 vs. Beasts), Heavy Crossbow (WP:8, Knockback), ), Smoke Bomb x1, Grand Potion, Zoot's Plaything, Mead

Nyx (Pandora)

Level 22.66 Battle Mage
*Immune to
Asleep
and
Sealed
effects*

Defense:

Health:
3/31

Ether:
30/32

Gold:
180 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Sandman's Parasol
(immune to
Asleep
)
Robe of the Archmagi
Sealed
-effect)

Inventory:
Dawnstar II (WP: 9), The Fishstick (WP:7 Double damage while on ships), Shiny Helmet (+1 Max Health), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Wooden Shield (SP:2), Ruby (
Fire
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Emerald (
Wood
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Garnet (
Earth
), Scroll of Weakening, Mead, Potion, Tonics (2), Grand Tonics (2), Holy Bomb, Bones (5), Ether Core, 2x Bedroll, Bomb XX

Level 22.33 Witch
*Deals Badly Poisoned*
*Counterstriking*
*Sealed (3 Rounds)*

Health:
39/39

Ether:
0/20

Gold:
195 (Owes 187 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Ratsbane
Fire,
Ice,
Earth
Wind
elemental),
Witch's Talisman
(
Poisoned Hits
becomes
Badly Poisoned Hits
),
Counterstrike Gloves
Marksman's Monocle
(Misses are rerolled),

Inventory:
Explosive Staff – WP: 12 (Does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row)),Ratmancer's Cowl (Deals double damage against Vermin), Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP: 6, gains 1 WP every kill made with it), Heavy Flail (WP: 5 Fragile Effect), Staff of the Elven Warlock (WP: 5,
wood
elemental), Topaz(
Lightning
), Fire Bomb, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row), Dragon Scale (Gives Lucky and Blessed effects on consumption), Strivvian Keystone, Shovel, Pickaxe

ava-ellaria3.jpg

Ellaria Arbour (Sandy)

Level 17 Druid
*Immune to
Sealed
effect*

Power:
30 (26)

Health:
32/32

Ether:
3/22

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus
fire
-elemental staff),
Mage's Muffler
(protects from
Sealed
effect)
Black Bandana
(+3 Power),

Inventory:
wood
-elemental crossbow), (Potion, 2 Grand Potions, 1 Elixir, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass , Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile for rest of battle, 5 ether, 50/50 chance), Bone, -1 Cheese, Topaz (
Lightning
)

Level 14.5 Cleric

Power
:

Defense:

Health:
0/24

Ether:
20/20

Gold:
265 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Fauxthril Staff
Warlord's Helmet
Cloak of Chimera
(+2 Health, +2 Ether)

Inventory:
Malfunctioning Staff (WP:12, on succesful attack, has a 50% chance to do half of WP damage to self instead(Ignoring SP and Row))
Potion x2, Remedy x2, Bone x2, Pickaxe, Tonic, Bedroll, Venom, Deadly Venom, Grand Potion, Wooden Shield(SP:2), Orcish Drum (WP: 8), Gold Ore (Worth 80 Gold)

Party Leader, post the order of action. Everybody, choose your actions and targets.

"Oh, damn," mumbles Atramor, as Boomingham's rendered paralyzed, his sword held high above his head in a strike that never comes. He promptly attacks the ghost on his own in return, then draws back for a moment.

"Ellaria, maybe ya' should try and nurture Boomin'ham this round, it should rid him of his petrification. Nyx, I suggest takin' a moment to heal yourself. Skrall, don't let up yet, that thing's already startin' to look like a pin cushion."

He twists Ratsbane in his grip, and swipes again at the Ghost from the front row.

"Oh, damn," mumbles Atramor, as Boomingham's rendered paralyzed, his sword held high above his head in a strike that never comes. He promptly attacks the ghost on his own in return, then draws back for a moment.

"Ellaria, maybe ya' should try and nurture Boomin'ham this round, it should rid him of his petrification. Nyx, I suggest takin' a moment to heal yourself. Skrall, don't let up yet, that thing's already startin' to look like a pin cushion."

He twists Ratsbane in his grip, and swipes again at the Ghost from the front row.

Skrall's skin crawls as he watches Boomingham freeze in mid-swing and the ghost continue it attack, "Right, now listen to Atramor. We need to move fast and efficiently, can't afford to lose too many more of ya. Rogue, ya've got the advantage of seein' how that thing works up front, just give a shout when ya want us." Skrall fires off another bolt with the heavy crossbow at the crumbling statue from the back row, hopefully the monster's stoney exterior wouldn't ruin too many of the bolts.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Feeling her palms get sweaty at the sight of their party leader getting petrified, Ellaria tries her hardest to concentrate. If she would fail to remedy Boomingham's condition now, it all could be finished before it started.

Gathering all her inner willpower, Ellaria attempts to nurture Boomingham from the back row.

"How are you?" asks a voice in Boomingham's head as he stands frozen, sword raised. Boomingham is unable to respond. He stares ahead as the ghost floats off. "Have you missed me? No... you never really doubted I was gone, did you now Lawrence? Or at least that's what you said. I can sense you, Lawrence. We're connected. I am your angel you know, you old fool. You can't lie to me so easy. You are such a fan of lying. A habit we'll have to break you from, I'm afraid." Boomingham's arm aches in its frozen position. The tittering voice keeps talking.

"How are your illusions of grandeur? How goes the life of the once great general Lawrence Boomingham? Frozen by a ghost in a basement in a far off land? What was it that you struck me down for, again? 'You are no King. Your Kingdom is dead. You are forgotten. You have nothing. And you fill it with meaningless nothings. You are nothing. You are a void. You don't matter. You are nothing.' Have you proven me wrong, your lordship? Has your kingdom, your honor, your family, your meaning returned? Have you found it fighting ghosts and running errands? You cling to the past, Lawrence. Let me lead you to your future. There is still greatness out there. You simply seek it the wrong way. You could be champion of light. You slew Bluehood. He offered you greatness, and yet you refused. Why? Who do you champion, Lawrence? What matters to you? What will you be known for, who will you protect? You claw desperately at the world, trying to cling to it. Give up. Serve as a tool for those higher than you, be remembered as a tool of light that shattered the darkness... I can feel you resisting, Lawrence. You doubt me. You wish to grow great another way, though you cannot even see that path. My god orders my return to you soon, though I delay. You are a tiresome charge, Lawrence. Say hello to Nyx for me. Beware that chicken."

"Go.......... return when you are ready........ to learn from me........ Barty........" Boomingham manages to hiss out, but the voice offers no response.

Edited by Zepher

McCafferey gave a mildly annoyed sniff, her beady eyes lingering on Boomingham for a moment silently.

"...Oh, er, since I doubt he can give orders in that condition...

Atramor

Skrall

Ellaria

Nyx (could ya' use Lightnin' on Sufferin' from the back row if Ellaria gets Roots of Life?)

Boomingham (since I'm not sure he gets a turn or not if he's remedied...)"

OoC: Generally people who are revived by phoenix essence get to act, I assume this is the same. If I'm by chance remedied, I'd finish my swing.

OoC, I'm sure you understand, Scuba, and sorry to the others.

"I really shouldn't go about hitting myself on the head, it does me no end of trouble. I seem to have given myself a touch of amnesia, sorry about that. Uhm, yes..."

Nyx looks worriedly at Boomingham in his petrified state, but knows Ellaria is a seasoned healer, and places her trust in her.

"... if Ellaria does indeed manage one of her big old healy doo-hickies then I will gladly charge another bolt of lightning at Suffering, otherwise I shall risk those parts of my memory not already damaged by alcohol by once more hitting myself with my Healing Staff. Whatever I do, it'll certainly be from the back row."

I'm not giving Boomingham and Rufindel a turn, they only get a turn if they are healed by a phoenix essence, since then you know for sure you're getting up again, same with remedy. Otherwise a petrified or knocked out person would have to have an action ready any time a druid does anything...

Results of Round Seven of the Creepy Basement Battle:

Atramor vs. Ghost - Special Mirror

Ellaria nurtures Boomingham - Shield Roots of Life (WP: 10 + Level 17 + 3 = 30 Health healed to everyone, + removal of conditions, + Rufindel revived)

Nyx vs. "Suffering" - Special Damage (Sealed, Nothing happens)

Atramor runs up to the Ghost, as he tries to copy the strange magic it used to petrify Boomingham. Just as Atramor can cast his own version, the Ghost gets to him, and he is petrified as well. But the party can see the Ghost standing completely still now as well, hovering in mid-air. Skrall's insufferable luck continues, and once again, he bullseyes the statue. The party was hoping for Ellaria to work a miracle, and sure enough: she raises her staff, and roots appear from everywhere from tiny cracks in the floor, ceiling and walls. A pleasant green mist envelops the party, it causes the whole party to be healed up, and Rufindel to get up. Boomingham and Atramor also come to their senses again. The recently healed Nyx has less luck, as the statue inflicts great wounds upon her.

Enemies:

Ghost
of ???
*Deadly Poisoned*
*Petrified*

Health: 562/760

Special:
Stare of the void:

*Deadly Poisoned*
*Sealed (3 Rounds)*

Level:

Health: 112/840

Special:
Suffering of the Taken:

Party:

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham
(Zepher)
-Party Leader-

Level 19.5 Paladin
*Counterstriking*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
41/41

Ether:
13/13

Gold:
150 (Owes 100 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Fire,
Darkness
Earth
)
Round Metal Shield
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory:
Light
Bleeding
Ice

skrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)
*Favors
Humanoid
and
Mechanical
Enemies*
*Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound

Level 21.66 Hunter

Power:

Health:
35/35

Gold:
199 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Leojagd
Slowed
),
Hunter's Quiver
Winged Sandles
(Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound
effects),
Lucky Doubloon

Inventory:

Nyx (Pandora)

Level 22.66 Battle Mage
*Immune to
Asleep
and
Sealed
effects*

Defense:

Health:
31/31

Ether:
30/32

Gold:
180 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Sandman's Parasol
(immune to
Asleep
)
Robe of the Archmagi
Sealed
-effect)

Inventory:
Fire
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Emerald (
Wood
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Garnet (
Earth

Level 22.33 Witch
*Deals Badly Poisoned*
*Counterstriking*

Health:
39/39

Ether:
0/20

Gold:
195 (Owes 187 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Ratsbane
Fire,
Ice,
Earth
Wind
elemental),
Witch's Talisman
(
Poisoned Hits
becomes
Badly Poisoned Hits
),
Counterstrike Gloves
Marksman's Monocle
(Misses are rerolled),

Inventory:
wood
elemental), Topaz(
Lightning

ava-ellaria3.jpg

Ellaria Arbour (Sandy)

Level 17 Druid
*Immune to
Sealed
effect*

Power:
30 (26)

Health:
32/32

Ether:
3/22

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus
fire
-elemental staff),
Mage's Muffler
(protects from
Sealed
effect)
Black Bandana
(+3 Power),

Inventory:
wood
Lightning
)

Level 14.5 Cleric

Power
:

Defense:

Health:
24/24

Ether:
20/20

Gold:
265 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Fauxthril Staff
Warlord's Helmet
Cloak of Chimera
(+2 Health, +2 Ether)

Inventory:

If only the Petrified enemy remains, the battle is won by default.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Oh, that Special Mirror. :wub:

Atramor catches the gaze of the Ghost, and finds his body frozen in place, in a pose not unlike Boomingham's, midway through an attack - though, unaware, his eyes also take on the soulless stare of the undead creature, returning its unforgiving eye, which McCafferey seemed somewhat curious about. Before much more than a minor sense of terror can overcome him, however, he finds himself stumbling to the ground, inhaling a strange green mist. Evidently Ellaria had had far more luck than the rest of them, as Boomingham and Rufindel were getting to their feet as well. The only being in the room still incapacitated, ironically, was the Ghost - and Suffering had a strange glow around him as well. Atramor blinked at the spirit.

"...Damn. Great job, Ellaria."

Getting over his initial surprise at their sudden upper hand, he swept the Heavy Flail from his cloak, swinging a deadly strike at Suffering from the front row.

I believe that the sealed effect should prevent Nyx from getting banged up in the way she did. As far as enemies goes, bound prevents normal damage, sealed protects against special damage. But, luckily we have Sandy in this quest to make a final ruling. This is what happens when you allow so many QMs to play in your quest. :tongue:

"Thank you, Ellaria. Move on to Nyx. Nyx, you're healing yourself. Rufindel, also heal Nyx. Chances are good that one of you three will heal her. Nyx, if someone heals you before you heal yourself, join Atramor the Ogre and I in putting down our remaining friend." Boomingham whirls towards the Suffering, still holding his Frozen Sabre.

Yeah, I think Sealed should prevent the enemy from using special damage, judging by its corresponding scroll.

"Boomin'ham, put me first in the order. If I land a hit, it'll take double damage from ya'll."

"I lead the charge, boy. Fall in behind me, you might have a better chance of whacking him while he's got his eyes on me, assuming these monsters have eyes."

Battle Order

Boomingham

Atramor

Skrall

Ellaria

Rufindel

Nyx

OoC: If Nyx ends up being not injured due to the sealing, as I believe, you can all go ahead and attack.

Skrall keeps the statue pinned down with several more bolts this time with his Hunter's Crossbow from the back row. "Ms. Nyx, while we're on the rest of this trip, you have my permission to smash any statue you see before it has a chance of attackin' us."