eliminator

Discontinuation Speculation

Good point, I forgot to take that into account. The ship's 2nd run was for a year in a half; that is an odd license term length, other than that, I can't find any more data to base availability on. Get it while you can! :classic:

I got the Holiday 2012 catalog today, and it was still prominently featured, so it looks like it will be around through the holiday season at the very least.

Edited by Dhivael

TRU had them on sale about a month ago (for very pleasing 69,99 euro), so I guess its really going out. Ship was also gone very fast, so I beleive they do it a little differently with these sets. Maybe its got something to do with special colour, which was only done in one run.

Everyone, please note that I have no clues about EOL, I just asked. Thanks for every helpful advice though.

My graph on train set product cycles may be of interest. See: http://www.eurobrick...25#entry1403610

That's very interesting, thank you!

TRU had them on sale about a month ago (for very pleasing 69,99 euro), so I guess its really going out. *snip*

*huh**oh2* Are you serious?! :wall:

Edited by PsyKater

I tried to find something via search engine, but could not find it yet. I am wondering, when the 10219 Maersk Train will be discontinued. Do you have any clues from the Emerald Night Express? Will it end this year, as the 10233 Horizon Express is introduced in 2013? Or will it stay like the Maersk Container ship?

Merged with Discontinuation Speculation topic.

I heard a rumor at Brickworld last summer that the Maersk train will not be around long 2012 will be its final year. No other date given.

I didn't hear that rumor while there. Well, since there is a new train coming out, I think that they might as well go, out with the old, and in with the new.

Everyone, please note that I have no clues about EOL, I just asked. Thanks for every helpful advice though.

That's very interesting, thank you!

*huh**oh2* Are you serious?! :wall:

I am. But stock was very limited. I got there on the second day of that sale and they only got 3 sets left on shelf (they all went home with me of course). They also had City Police Superpack (police station, dog van, police minifigure collection and police bike), which was just 59,99 eur and that was sold out on first day.

Ack! At this point, it'll be a race against time for me to save up and buy a Maersk Train before they're out of stock or discontinued!

I believe that the Emerald Night only had a 2 year production run. It discontinued shortly after the Maersk train was released, or at least in Canada it did. I don't see why the Maersk train would last longer. It will probably discontinue at about the time the Horizon Express is released.

Any thoughts on Red Cargo 3677? My local Lego retail stores (2x in London) regularly don't have this in stock when I visit, although S@H in the UK seems to be reliably available. As the most recent cargo set I would hope it hangs around for a fair while, and 7939 is still buyable too.

Basically, do I need to snap this up now, or can it wait a few months?

i see both the yellow and red cargo train all over the show in NZ. but in saying that the Red Cargo train has sudenly dropped about 20% in price. round $220 NZ what is CHEAP and also the Passanger train is that price. the Yellow cargo train still around the $300 mark.

And now it seems to be more or less official. Maersk train disappeared from almost all S@H sites.

Any thoughts on Red Cargo 3677? My local Lego retail stores (2x in London) regularly don't have this in stock when I visit, although S@H in the UK seems to be reliably available. As the most recent cargo set I would hope it hangs around for a fair while, and 7939 is still buyable too.

Basically, do I need to snap this up now, or can it wait a few months?

I haven't seen the Red Cargo Train in any shops overhere. Only available through S@H.

Our local Toys R Us has all three city trains on the shelves again (including 3677), I guess for the Christmas shopping season. So they're still available for now...

Wow! Can't believe the Mearsk train is already gone! I was able to get a friend who works at Toys R Us to reserve me 3 in a factory box when they where on sale at ā‚¬69,99.

One of the nicest trains TLG ever made! :cry3:

True, but Horizon Express looks like a good replacement. I still have a boxed Maersk that I'm not sure what to do with - can either add to the built one, or keep for the future.

True, but Horizon Express looks like a good replacement. I still have a boxed Maersk that I'm not sure what to do with - can either add to the built one, or keep for the future.

Just enjoy your Maersk and open it... what is the worth of money these days... Just enjoy it!!

Wow! Can't believe the Mearsk train is already gone! I was able to get a friend who works at Toys R Us to reserve me 3 in a factory box when they where on sale at ā‚¬69,99.

One of the nicest trains TLG ever made! :cry3:

Still seems to have some availability in the USA - but in Europe 'Ausverkauft' / 'Sold Out'

Just enjoy your Maersk and open it... what is the worth of money these days... Just enjoy it!!

Ah yes, but I already have one Maersk out and about on my setup, so the second one is pure luxury. However you're right, I'm probably going to open it!

I have been trying to get an EN here in Czech Republic since summer, because I didnĀ“t have the money before. As I failed to find any, I bought the Maersk train on 25th October. Two days after all on-line shops went out of stock. I still have it packed and hope for trading for an EN, but maybe I will keep it, because it would fit in nicely with the Horizon Express.

Also trains are on sale. The red passenger train went from 2999,-CZK to 2100,-CZK and the motorization of my Maersk would cost me 1700,- just for the PF parts. With the passenger train, I also get track + rail cars. I think I will get it before the HE :)